Dayton vs. Kerrville Tivy Semi Final Predictions?

I feel your pain knightrider! I was fortunate enough to make last nights game. Earlier in the week I thought I was gonna be "stuck" at work. The stars lined up for me. Hang in there for the state championship game though!

As far as predictions for the Tivy game, I'm gonna have to hold off a couple of days and check this team out. Does anybody know where I can get some stats/scores on this team? I saw the prep insider game scores, but I need box scores and video clips!! The San Antonio online paper is not real helpful.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos have nothing left to prove.If you are not convinced by now they can win then just stay home and listen.While alot of teams struggle to 1 point wins and constant back n forth scoring,Dayton keeps beating everybody by 14+ points while backing off late in the games.Did you notice after halftime the Cubs came out w/heads down and no will to continue.Every team's strategy in these playoff's has been to kick short away from A.J and dbl.team him.We need more pressure on punters so they do not run around to punt allowing players to get downfield.I see Dayton winning this game by 10,the closest anybody has came.Few Trick plays perhaps w/A.J throwing.I believe the better teams left will kick deep as to not give up good field position.

Wow.. That Gtown stadium looks pretty nice. Seats 11,000 and I hope to see alot of purple. I still dont like the location and I think Kyle field would have suited us better. They are already having one 4A game at Kyle Field on Sat. I think it would have been just as easy to have 2.. I would have made both for sure.

It is quite a ways from us, 2 hour drive for them, 4 hour drive for us, anyone know if they are planning charter busses

too far for me to drive, i have been going to the dayton playoff games (the last 3 this year and 3 last year) but georgetown is a heckuva trip...if the broncos make the state finals i'll be there, i got a feeling this years semifinal will go a lot better than last year...

just thought id put my 2 cents in. im really not sure about the defense this year but in the past they are as fine a defense as ive seen! i will say this though.coaching is good but i dont think there is a team around with what dayton has to offer and by saying this i mean cody and a.j. are 2 of the best leaders ive seen in quite some time !!as good of kids as they are atheletes

Alright, did some scouting on Kerrville...they run a spread style offense similar to ours where they are pretty balanced run vs. pass.  These are the type of teams that give Dayton problems sometimes depending on the type of athletes they have.  I've got a good feeling about this game.  Remember that Dayton was in the game versus Travis last year and it didn't get ugly till the second half when the boys tongues were dragging the ground.  This team has an explosive offense as well so it'll probably be the team with the best defense that wins this game. 

We need a good loud crowd to come and stay late to support the Broncos and squash that song Na Na, Na Na Hey Goodbye.It does not say anything about class and is downgrading to the players.I believe we can beat anybody at this point as we have seen speed,size and have succeeded by 14+ points in every playoff game.Last week proved alot about the skills the broncos bring.Last year Lake Travis took A.J out of the offensive scheme and Brenham did as well but Cody & Cameron @ Ploch put up 42 on another good defense.If the defense continues to shine like it has Dayton will make History by moving on to the State Championship Game.I am sure Stewart will have a few surprises for Tivy.

He always does...or go with the tried and true AJ as a decoy.  What makes that kid so special.  Just watch Toups graphics and look who made the play breaking block on Cody's td and Cameron's td and who took half the defense with him on the 70 yard run.

AJ made a lot of downfield blocks.

He is still AWEsome without the ball.

One of the top 15 pictures has Cameron running by one of AJ's blocks.

Truly a great high school football player.

GO BRONCOS!

I think this is going to be a higher scoring game than we think. I wouldnt be surprised to see both teams in the 40's. My prediction is Dayton 49 and Kville 35. I dont think this one will be over at half and Coach Stewart is going to have to keep the hammer down till the end of the game.

On another note: I know AJ is a U of H commit. I have heard some rumors about Texas trying to get him now. Anyone know the news on that?

I think this is going to be a higher scoring game than we think. I wouldnt be surprised to see both teams in the 40's. My prediction is Dayton 49 and Kville 35. I dont think this one will be over at half and Coach Stewart is going to have to keep the hammer down till the end of the game.

On another note: I know AJ is a U of H commit. I have heard some rumors about Texas trying to get him now. Anyone know the news on that?

From what I hear it's way more than just Texas.  Apparently, he's given them all the thumbs down.  I'm getting it second hand though.  I think coach wants him to go to Texas.

I've heard the same rumors, but I've also heard that AJ wants his older brother there with him as a packaged deal. Apparently U of H promised a walk-on opportunity. I think AJ should head to Austin I think it's a great fit! (Especially with McCoy returning for his senior year) AJ reminds me of Texas WR Q. Crosby!

Of course it's all hearsay!

Count me in for this one,missed last years semi-finals(ill)and my Marine Corps commanding officer in 1968 is a dean at UT.Look for the white gmc canyon p/u w/the purple and white Christmas stocking w/a horse attached to it shaggen it down 290 early.

Showing your age man...means you were AT LEAST 18 in 1968 ;D ;D

Yes I have been around Bronco football for awhile but we all need to remember during 1967 two Dayton teams became 1.The former Colbert Tigers had alot of good teams and then the two became 1 and the talent level at Dayton skyrocketed from the previous years since with the credit of Coach Stewart over the last 13.We as fans keep wondering how will Dayton do next year and for 13 straight now someone rises up to be the leaders.This has been so much fun and even gets us older folks blood pumping wishing we could have played under Stewart's staff.

Bad news for Kerrville, if they can't find a way to shut down both Cody and AJ.

Cody just keeps getting better every week.

He must have gained a 1/2 step on his speed over the week.

He had some amazing runs against Brenham.

If Kerrville puts more defensive people in the box to shut down the run, then AJ gets involved.

Double edge sword for the Kerrville defense.

Hopefully the Dayton defense can slow down the Tivy offense.

Should be an amazing game!

welp fellas!! seems you guys know nothing at all about Kerrville Tivy!!  where would you like me to start? Qb? Rb? wide outs? slot back? Linebackers? you name it we got it. our offense  averages close to 400 yds a game! If we can not get the passing game goin, well shoot we will just run it! our Rb avgs 135 a game, we have multiple weapons offensively. our defense is really young, ill give you that! but watching theses guys throughout the season puts you in a state of awe! with the dline maybe averaging  185 on a good day  they have held their ground! mind you not they did give up 69 points the second game or the season  to 5-a San Antonio Maddison.  but as the season progressed i dont believe anyone has  scored more than 30 points on us! so before you go on assuming!! there is something to think about!! Now please fill me in with Dayton! never heard of them and can  not find much on the  internet !  Good luck to both teams let it be injury free and  may God watch over all of as we are on  the roads to watch such a  great game!!!! TFND 77

Bad news for Kerrville, if they can't find a way to shut down both Cody and AJ.

Cody just keeps getting better every week.

He must have gained a 1/2 step on his speed over the week.

He had some amazing runs against Brenham.

If Kerrville puts more defensive people in the box to shut down the run, then AJ gets involved.

Double edge sword for the Kerrville defense.

Hopefully the Dayton defense can slow down the Tivy offense.

Should be an amazing game!

welp fellas!! seems you guys know nothing at all about Kerrville Tivy!!  where would you like me to start? Qb? Rb? wide outs? slot back? Linebackers? you name it we got it. our offense  averages close to 400 yds a game! If we can not get the passing game goin, well shoot we will just run it! our Rb avgs 135 a game, we have multiple weapons offensively. our defense is really young, ill give you that! but watching theses guys throughout the season puts you in a state of awe! with the dline maybe averaging  185 on a good day  they have held their ground! mind you not they did give up 69 points the second game or the season  to 5-a San Antonio Maddison.  but as the season progressed i dont believe anyone has  scored more than 30 points on us! so before you go on assuming!! there is something to think about!! Now please fill me in with Dayton! never heard of them and can  not find much on the  internet !  Good luck to both teams let it be injury free and  may God watch over all of as we are on  the roads to watch such a  great game!!!! TFND 77

Thanks for the info 77...

Should be a great game...

Looks like Kerrville has gone through their region the same way the Broncos have....

Good luck to both teams, and as you mentioned, hopefully no one gets injured.

I don't think Kerrville has faced a tandem as talented as Cody and AJ.

Should be an interesting game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder