PN-G And Malone

smitty

I think the ONLY right thing to do is to accept applications from around the state, narrow them down, and decide who would come with the best credentials for the position.  I know the board has a mind of their own, but I do agree that the fans can have some effect on the outcome.  I like Malone, as well as Long, and the several others that have been mentioned.  However, EVERYONE should go through the application and interviewing process.  PNG should not limit themselves for the Head Coach position. 

I don't think you are limiting yourself when you go out and contact quality coaches.  Sure you accept applications.  But sometimes it's smart to invite someone to apply that might not normally do it.

I think the ONLY right thing to do is to accept applications from around the state, narrow them down, and decide who would come with the best credentials for the position.  I know the board has a mind of their own, but I do agree that the fans can have some effect on the outcome.  I like Malone, as well as Long, and the several others that have been mentioned.  However, EVERYONE should go through the application and interviewing process.  PNG should not limit themselves for the Head Coach position. 

I don't think you are limiting yourself when you go out and contact quality coaches.  Sure you accept applications.  But sometimes it's smart to invite someone to apply that might not normally do it.

You're right, Smitty.....I didn't think of it in that aspect.  Thanks for the enlightenment!  I just know, me and many other PNG fans are ready for our INDIANS to get back on track and win some games.  This was a tough year, lots of ups and downs without a stadium, then the hurricanes, and so on.  Not making excuses, just facts.  Can't wait to have that FIRST win in the new stadium!

I'm just glad to see PN-G people back on board with each other. There was too much division in our fans with the reassignment.

Stick together, find a coach, everyone back the new HC and PN-G will return to winning ball games. Indians have never fought with each other like I saw on this board not too long ago - lets put those days behind us.

Danny Malone is from Nebraska. He will not leave, he got married and is settled back where he is originally from. He is currently coaching there(Fillmore Central High School in Geneva, Nebraska) and I believe he will ride this position into retirement. It would be nice to get him back, but won't happen.

He's in Nebraska but not from Nebraska.  I believe he is a Texas boy.

Danny Malone is from Nebraska. He will not leave, he got married and is settled back where he is originally from. He is currently coaching there(Fillmore Central High School in Geneva, Nebraska) and I believe he will ride this position into retirement. It would be nice to get him back, but won't happen.

He's in Nebraska but not from Nebraska.  I believe he is a Texas boy.

Not sure about where he grew up but he played for one of Nebraskas National Championship teams.

What is correct?  I remember one assistant crying.  What's the scoop?  How did they get a raw deal?  Please enlighten us.

My son played for Malone the whole time he was here, I think people should revisit what went on when he was here.  He didn't get the raw deal his assistant coaches did!

That is correct

I thought JAL was saying that Malone was giving a raw deal to his assistants.  I stand corrected.

The two asst. coaches that he brought with him were Crommett and Fisher. And when they ran Malone off they did not treat either one of them good. I was there and played for all three coaches. Since then I have worked with both Fisher at HJ and Crommett at Nederland. Both Great men!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder