STJFL has a GREAT Weekend of Playoff Football..

VP93....

I agree Nederland did a good job.  Some good football played yesterday. Watchout for Lumberton White Peewee they are a very well coached team with a heck of a offensive line.  I am not real sure of the snoop dog offense,  but it works.  Doesn't seem like it teaches the fundamentals of the game.  Good Luck Lumberton White.

I agree Nederland did a good job.  Some good football played yesterday. Watchout for Lumberton White Peewee they are a very well coached team with a heck of a offensive line.  I am not real sure of the snoop dog offense,  but it works.  Doesn't seem like it teaches the fundamentals of the game.  Good Luck Lumberton White.

I agree Dustjam, a very strange offense but it does work. We(lumberton Red) lost to them by one point. Everybody laying down in the backfield makes for a hard tackle.  However, with their record, if the fundamental of the game is wining, then it does work..... ;D

what is the "snoop dog offense?" just curious what yall are talking about?

Basically the backfield squats down tight around the center. The defensive line cant see who the ball is given to so they have a hard time knowing which way the ball is going.  I think the real name is single wing offense. Its a single wing offense with a lot of misdirection.  A coach developed it and took his team to nationals. They were called the screaming eagles. Do a google because there is a website about this offense.

This particular offense sounds like the "A formation" also at one time called the "Short punt offense" which was ran by the NY Giants in the 30's for a short time I think.  Blocking back lines up 1 yd behind left guard, TB lines up 5 yds behind center in shotgun formation, HB lines up 2 yds behind right guard, and FB lines up 1 yd behind right tackle.  All backs except TB crouch over, and BB, TB or HB can receive ball.  Lots of misdirection & power.  The team you're referring to probably runs it a little different from what I describe, but more power to them.  It's always good to run a contrary offense.

I think it is effective at this level because it is unsual, it is confusing, and the plays hit the line of scrimmage very fast and limits the defense's penetration. We faced this offense and although it was not Lumberton's we were effective after the first quarter shutting it down. However, is this the type of offense they will run in junior high and high school? Doubtful. Should this not prepare these kids for the kind of offensive (and defensive) formations they will experience later in life than just geared to success now? I think part of West Orange's success is continuity. We run the same offensive plays and formations within limitations that the high school kids run. Hopefully this will help our kids when they do get to that level.

I think it is effective at this level because it is unsual, it is confusing, and the plays hit the line of scrimmage very fast and limits the defense's penetration. We faced this offense and although it was not Lumberton's we were effective after the first quarter shutting it down. However, is this the type of offense they will run in junior high and high school? Doubtful. Should this not prepare these kids for the kind of offensive (and defensive) formations they will experience later in life than just geared to success now? I think part of West Orange's success is continuity. We run the same offensive plays and formations within limitations that the high school kids run. Hopefully this will help our kids when they do get to that level.

It really is just a difference of opinions.  Some believe as you do, that they should run whatever the varsity is running.  Others believe you should primarily teach how to win and everything that entails and choosing the offensive formation should be left to the head coach to decide.  Personally, I've seen more success down through the years with the latter approach, but if your approach works - great.

I understand what your saying and you make a good point. I disagree but respect your opinion. I think practice running the same plays that you would in high school gives you about several years experience and easier comfort level when you do get into high school. Good luck to you and your program over the years.

It really is just a difference of opinions.  Some believe as you do, that they should run whatever the varsity is running.  Others believe you should primarily teach how to win and everything that entails and choosing the offensive formation should be left to the head coach to decide.  Personally, I've seen more success down through the years with the latter approach, but if your approach works - great.

By the way let me say one thing being a newcomer on this board and to the STJFL. The league takes a lot of hits on this board and a lot of derogeratory comments are made about it. I for one, am thankful for this league and the experience it has given my kids. I think the STJFL is one fine organization. If not for it, then what?

STJFL seems to be doing a good job for the towns that belong to their league.  If the children in those towns get to participate in football and cheer in a well-structured environment, then the league is doing it's job.  I'm on the outside looking in, but I'm glad those kids get to play the greatest sport in the world. 

Basically the backfield squats down tight around the center. The defensive line cant see who the ball is given to so they have a hard time knowing which way the ball is going.  I think the real name is single wing offense. Its a single wing offense with a lot of misdirection.  A coach developed it and took his team to nationals. They were called the screaming eagles. Do a google because there is a website about this offense.

There are several towns out there such as WOS and Nederland with multiple teams in the same division. They are rivals of sorts but respect each others game. I've seen both WOS teams talking smack to each other for the last 3 weeks... What I have never seen is one of those teams sell the other out by posting their strategies on a public forum.

A couple of years ago the Lumberton Pee Wee White coach spent months during the off season researching to come up with a good offense program. The way I understand it, he devised it from about four he had looked at along with some of his own ideas.

He has been successful with it for several years now so for another Lumberton coach to post information from one of his sources is a lack of class that I have never seen from any sport on any level. Even if the information he is giving wasn't correct... The fact he thought he WAS giving out the secret is enough to make him cheap.

I'd like to know if there is any other coach out there that would sell out another team in their own town. Because I can't figure out a single reason why anyone would do that!

He is not really giving away any real strategy, just saying they squat down behind the center and it's hard to figure out who has the ball. That's like saying we run the I formation and try to get the ball to our tailback, besides if your still playing there is a good chance you already know what style of offense your opponent will be running, but can you stop it. Even in high school they trade films with each other so your opponent can see what you have done the last two games and prepare to defend it or attack it. 

There are several towns out there such as WOS and Nederland with multiple teams in the same division. They are rivals of sorts but respect each others game. I've seen both WOS teams talking smack to each other for the last 3 weeks... What I have never seen is one of those teams sell the other out by posting their strategies on a public forum.

A couple of years ago the Lumberton Pee Wee White coach spent months during the off season researching to come up with a good offense program. The way I understand it, he devised it from about four he had looked at along with some of his own ideas.

He has been successful with it for several years now so for another Lumberton coach to post information from one of his sources is a lack of class that I have never seen from any sport on any level. Even if the information he is giving wasn't correct... The fact he thought he WAS giving out the secret is enough to make him cheap.

I'd like to know if there is any other coach out there that would sell out another team in their own town. Because I can't figure out a single reason why anyone would do that!

I'm not a coach for Lumberton football.  I do have eyes and see their offense.  I did not say anything that noone could not google or watch a film and see it.  Do you really think that offense is a big secret??  I have only been on this forum a few days, but it appears when you cant find something good to attack someone with, you make up something..........

I was wrong about the coach part should have said "Lumberton helper."

I never said the offense was a secret. What I said was, even if you were not right, you were acting like you were giving away the secret... I suppose if someone saw the white offense they should automatically know that it has some simularities to a coach of a team called the Screaming Eagles and that there is a website about it if they care to Google it. Or maybe they could just Google "that offense i saw at the Pee Wee game this weekend" and find it that way.

A coach developed it and took his team to nationals. They were called the screaming eagles. Do a google because there is a website about this offense.

All Im saying is you would never catch someone from West Orange Stark doing what you did... I have seen your post and you seem to thrive on conflict.

I was wrong about the coach part should have said "Lumberton helper."

I never said the offense was a secret. What I said was, even if you were not right, you were acting like you were giving away the secret... I suppose if someone saw the white offense they should automatically know that it has some simularities to a coach of a team called the Screaming Eagles and that there is a website about it if they care to Google it. Or maybe they could just Google "that offense i saw at the Pee Wee game this weekend" and find it that way.

A coach developed it and took his team to nationals. They were called the screaming eagles. Do a google because there is a website about this offense.

All Im saying is you would never catch someone from West Orange Stark doing what you did... I have seen your post and you seem to thrive on conflict.

Well, I'm not even a "helper".  I guess I was "thriving" on conflict by answering a guys question about an offense he had a question about.  What ever happened to its just a game.???  I'm pretty sure most coaches with a video camera could figure out this mystery offense.

Sorry teamraider, I'm just a normal spectator that researched the offense and found that information. I also know how to shut down that offense, but that's TOP SECRET! 

Well, I'm not even a "helper".  I guess I was "thriving" on conflict by answering a guys question about an offense he had a question about.  What ever happened to its just a game.???  I'm pretty sure most coaches with a video camera could figure out this mystery offense.

Sorry teamraider, I'm just a normal spectator that researched the offense and found that information. I also know how to shut down that offense, but that's TOP SECRET! 

Never mind... your not gonna get it and I'm done trying. Your in the clear and are absolutely right. You got other battles to fight anyways.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476