Nederland 79 HJ 63 Final

HJHawks#5

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach English was very well prepared tonight.  He had a great game plan against HJ.  They did everything they could to take Jarvis out of the game.  They picked him up at half court almost all night.  This is the first HJ game that I have ever been to that the Hawks did not hit a 3!!!!!!!  Unless they hit one with less than 2 minutes left in the game when i departed.  Outside of Benard, Burrell and Turner HJ had no offense to think of!!!  HJ missed FT, layups, could not rebound and Nederland did all of them very well.  HJ was exposed tonight!!!!!!  Great win Nederland and best of luck in district.

HJ hopefully this was just a bad night for you guys, but there will be some big games in the next few weeks that will let you know where you are for the district run!!!! :-\ :-\

Coach English was very well prepared tonight.  He had a great game plan against HJ.  They did everything they could to take Jarvis out of the game.  They picked him up at half court almost all night.  This is the first HJ game that I have ever been to that the Hawks did not hit a 3!!!!!!!  Unless they hit one with less than 2 minutes left in the game when i departed.  Outside of Benard, Burrell and Turner HJ had no offense to think of!!!  HJ missed FT, layups, could not rebound and Nederland did all of them very well.  HJ was exposed tonight!!!!!!  Great win Nederland and best of luck in district.

HJ hopefully this was just a bad night for you guys, but there will be some big games in the next few weeks that will let you know where you are for the district run!!!! :-\ :-\

Exposed you say. Not good news for the Hawks as my Tigers had someone there watching. ;)

Congratulations to Nederland, especially that #13, who came into our gym and spanked us good.  Nederland shot threes and free throws well.

We pretty much sucked, in just about every part of the game.

I don't know what to think.  That was the last thing I expected to see.  Let's just hit the old reset button.

BTW Referee Bob Thewman got a little banged up tonight.  About midway through the 4th he ran into one of the Nederland players and both went to the floor.  The game was stopped while Bob was attended to.  He went back into the locker room and came out with a large bandage on his chin.  He should be OK!!!! 

The Nederland Boys came out and played together as a team and ruled the court from the beginning of the game.  It is good to see them playing together and doing it so well.  #13 Torres was on his game tonight scoring 43 points.  Congrats to the Dogs.

Could not miss tonight!!!!  He was solid!!!!

I hope you Dogs make some noise in district.  I promise you will if you play like you did tonight!!!

And I guess you are both going to be sitting in the stands like PNG while BIG NED prepares to play in the second round of the Football Playoffs!

I just meant in general PN-G was better...and who cares about football anyway???

maybe not you, but a lot of your friends did about 2 weeks ago  ;)

Congradulations to Nederland and my old classmate Coach English on a great game. Coach E has really turned the program around down there from when he and I went to school there. Good luck to them in district and for the Hawks all I can say is shake it off. You did not go undefeated last season and no one expected you to this season. Hit the court running Monday at practice and put this one behind you. Focus on the future and do not dwell on the past. You will overcome this and move on. You always have before and you will this year. You have one of the best coaching staffs in the area and they will not let this one bring this team down.

Tonight I am proud to be a Nederland graduate but most of all I am proud to be a big supporter of the High Flying Hardin Jefferson Hawks of Hardin Jefferson High School!

This is preseason and it is all about getting ready for district.  HJ should win based on history but it is exactly this type of competition and that which they will get at the YMBL that will make Nederland's program improve.  Just like the other night at BH Coach E will put several different combinations out on the floor to assess.  Tough hardnosed competition is what they need.  I hope he continues to add teams like H-J to Ned's preseason.     

\

so basically this is a nice way of putting NERDland GETS DOMINATED... :o :o :o :o

:o :o :o;)

HJ is very young/inexperienced and it showed friday they did not make a single three, struggled from the free throw line, and nederland came with an amazing game plan that they ran perfectly they made 7 3's did not miss many free throws and number 13 carried them nederland is a very good team and i can see them getting 2nd in their district challenging ozen when they play them

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder