Nederland 79 HJ 63 Final

HJHawks#5

Guest bleed orange

Laseek you are a class act my friend. I read all your post on this thread and they were all done in good taste for your opponent. Poppabearstarr is the same way. Congrats to Nederland and their boy's program because this is a huge win for them. HJ program is well documented and anytime a school who has not seen alot of success get a win over a team who has had success for more years than I can count is huge. All I can say is, Nederland built from this, it was just one game and HJ  its not what you do do at the beginning of a season but what you do at the end. Both teams will benefit from this game. District and beyond is what counts.  ;) I hope Nederland does give Ozen a run for their money. I have always liked the underdog. It's a good story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One game does not justify whether a player a better than another!!!!  Torres was the best player on the floor on Friday night though, but that was that one game.  Benard is one of the elite players in all of SE Texas and lets just wait and see when HoopinsiderCoop releases his player ratings for SE Texas and then see where the two players in question are ranked.  I would bet anything that you want that Benard is not only ranked higher but considerably higher!!!! ;D ;D ;D

[/qI am sure he will do GREAT in 3A....THE QUESTION is how would he do agianst 4A competition all year long....seems as though he struggled with the level of play in 4A for one game....Torres had no struggle at all playing down in a lower classification.....

How did Torres do in the State Tournament 2 years ago while winning a State Championship and in the regional Finals losing to Silsbee last year??  HJ plays a tough schedule by playing a few teams that are up and the teams that they play down are teams like Kountze and EC who are state ranked.

Hey don't get me wrong Torres looks like a great player and I would love to have a player like him at HJ to take pressure off of Jarvis, but Benard is the better player day in and day out!!!

We will just have to agree to disagree!!!!

I wish the best of luck to Torres and the Dogs!!!  Hope you guys beat Ozen!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Just saying Torres has been held in check in some accounts. He has the talent to put up 25 a game like Bernard. He just looks to pass more than Bernard. He has lead team in assists for two years and honestly makes Chris Hammond such a good player. Coach English is finally trusting him to run the offense and he is putting up the numbers this year. But the best part of his game is on defense. No one ever mentions how quick he slides his feet and anticipates passes. I think he is a very underated. No discredit to Bernard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder