Shouldnt Lumberton be worried about Ned. and not Dayton

texans

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that the Lumberton players have better mental toughness than their adults do.  They have let the people of Dayton get in their minds and under their skin and they have completely forgot about Nederland.  I think Lumberton will win because Nedrland plays zero defense but you never know.  Honestly it does not matter if they win or lose, Dayton will play whoever comes out of that district and be ready as a team.  The townspeople of Dayton do not speak for the players or coaches.  Those young men will be ready for whoever and will not take anything for granted.

It's like this, a year ago at this time Dayton was still hearing about it - "Lumberton is the only team in 22-4A (at the time) to beat Dayton . . . Dayton, 8-7, get over it and on, and on and on, adnausium.

There is no doubt, at least in any sane mind that Dayton was not the same team after that. Enter Gregory Charles at QB, a jumbling of the offensive and defensive fronts with some changes on both sides of the football and everyone is quite aware of what happened. I mean this "new" Bronco team totally annhilated Nederland 63-0 at their place. Did Dayton go on and on and on about it? No, we got ready to play the next week. We were on a march to where no Bronco team had gone before.

Dayton thought they might be able to prove their point in the playoffs, but one party didn't hold up their end and lost to Waller while Dayton was devastating Livingston. Even after dispatching Livingston, there it was, "8-7 Dayton, get over it."

I see this week's Lumberton vs. Nederland game as pretty much a struggle of priorities. I really think Nederland would like to win with a very tiny part of that being to be the team that sent the Raiders into the stampede known as the Dayton Broncos. I actually think, no matter what "the fans" think, that Lumberton coaches want anything but to face the Broncos this season, again. I mean the two met in a "meaningless" scrimmage, and even though Cody and AJ sat out the entire second half, and not to be confused with last year's statement: this is a much better, much improved Bronco team than what Lumberton saw in August. Now, Dayton's defense, which was missing five of its projected starters have learned to play on their on merits and those merits are pretty good - ask CE King, Crosby, et al.

. . . and that's just the way it is, in the words of a friend of mine.

I am a Raider fan.  I am also sick of hearing some of the Raider fans put these boys on top of everyone.  I for one have enjoyed the winning we have done the past 2 years.  I think a lot of these people forget ,  these are young men and I do beleve anyone can have a bad game at any time.  I expect this weeks game to be a good and close ballgame.  I do not think that the coaches or players are worried about Dayton(with all respect to the Broncos) at this time but preparing for Nederland who is also getting ready for battle.  Best of Luck to both teams.

I am a Raider fan.  I am also sick of hearing some of the Raider fans put these boys on top of everyone.  I for one have enjoyed the winning we have done the past 2 years.  I think a lot of these people forget ,  these are young men and I do beleve anyone can have a bad game at any time.  I expect this weeks game to be a good and close ballgame.  I do not think that the coaches or players are worried about Dayton(with all respect to the Broncos) at this time but preparing for Nederland who is also getting ready for battle.  Best of Luck to both teams.

The voice of reason on a bulletin board. That is almost as rare as snow in the Golden Triangle.

Keep that up sox and we will kick you off of the board.  ;D

The voice of reason on a bulletin board. That is almost as rare as snow in the Golden Triangle.

Keep that up sox and we will kick you off of the board.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

It's like this, a year ago at this time Dayton was still hearing about it - "Lumberton is the only team in 22-4A (at the time) to beat Dayton . . . Dayton, 8-7, get over it and on, and on and on, adnausium.

There is no doubt, at least in any sane mind that Dayton was not the same team after that. Enter Gregory Charles at QB, a jumbling of the offensive and defensive fronts with some changes on both sides of the football and everyone is quite aware of what happened. I mean this "new" Bronco team totally annhilated Nederland 63-0 at their place. Did Dayton go on and on and on about it? No, we got ready to play the next week. We were on a march to where no Bronco team had gone before.

Dayton thought they might be able to prove their point in the playoffs, but one party didn't hold up their end and lost to Waller while Dayton was devastating Livingston. Even after dispatching Livingston, there it was, "8-7 Dayton, get over it."

I see this week's Lumberton vs. Nederland game as pretty much a struggle of priorities. I really think Nederland would like to win with a very tiny part of that being to be the team that sent the Raiders into the stampede known as the Dayton Broncos. I actually think, no matter what "the fans" think, that Lumberton coaches want anything but to face the Broncos this season, again. I mean the two met in a "meaningless" scrimmage, and even though Cody and AJ sat out the entire second half, and not to be confused with last year's statement: this is a much better, much improved Bronco team than what Lumberton saw in August. Now, Dayton's defense, which was missing five of its projected starters have learned to play on their on merits and those merits are pretty good - ask CE King, Crosby, et al.

Blah Blah Blah ... You played the game you lost get over it. That being said I do agree that this team from lumberton is not as deep as last years and would be in for long night against Dayton. Unless you had someone injured or out of position and you played your worse game ever and lumberton played their best game ever then they might win.

Blah Blah Blah ... You played the game you lost get over it. That being said I do agree that this team from lumberton is not as deep as last years and would be in for long night against Dayton. Unless you had someone injured or out of position and you played your worse game ever and lumberton played their best game ever then they might win.

you mean like last year??  ;D :D

just kidding... please don't get mad at me wbgrad88

Guest band of brothers

do you honestly believe that lumberton is thinking about dayton?! what it is some dayton people refuse to let the past go, everyone is sick of hearing about 8 to7, scrimmages or whatever! man let it go! coach C is preparing for friday as dayton should be too... the end!

I seem to remember a bet being made last year on a similar game (something about not posting for a period of time), maybe that would work this time, in the event this game does take place.  Maybe it will keep the board from heating up so much.  Just a thought!

Boo That.  How Boring would that be.  I say the loser must increase the smack talk. You must give every excuse for losing. Like Injured players, players out of position, we haven't jelled yet.  ;D

I seem to remember a bet being made last year on a similar game (something about not posting for a period of time), maybe that would work this time, in the event this game does take place.  Maybe it will keep the board from heating up so much.  Just a thought!

Boo That.  How Boring would that be.  I say the loser must increase the smack talk. You must give every excuse for losing. Like Injured players, players out of position, we haven't jelled yet.  ;D

that would be AWESOME. Rd. 1 of the playoffs and we haven't gelled. I was in on that bet.... that sucked.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I think what many of U Ned. fans &/or Dayton fans need to realize is the fact that it's some of the Dayton fans that keep bringing this topic up over & over again. I don't know how many threads have been started by a few Dayton fans this week about a hopeful rematch between the two teams. B.M.F. is one of the Dayton fans that just won't let it go. U guys say, shouldn't Lumberton be worried about nederland and not dayton? They are thinking about Nederland and not thinking about Dayton. It's Dayton people reminding everybody with their annoying "Tick Tock" crap. NObody cares about Dayton right now. We will worry about them if we meet them down the road and then we can talk about a rematch. Nederland fan needs to direct these comments toward Dayton and not Lumberton. The coaches will have these boys ready for Nederland come Fri. night and I assure U they are not thinking about Dayton right now.

I think what many of U Ned. fans &/or Dayton fans need to realize is the fact that it's some of the Dayton fans that keep bringing this topic up over & over again. I don't know how many threads have been started by a few Dayton fans this week about a hopeful rematch between the two teams. B.M.F. is one of the Dayton fans that just won't let it go. U guys say, shouldn't Lumberton be worried about nederland and not dayton? They are thinking about Nederland and not thinking about Dayton. It's Dayton people reminding everybody with their annoying "Tick Tock" crap. NObody cares about Dayton right now. We will worry about them if we meet them down the road and then we can talk about a rematch. Nederland fan needs to direct these comments toward Dayton and not Lumberton. The coaches will have these boys ready for Nederland come Fri. night and I assure U they are not thinking about Dayton right now.

I just figured it out, B.M.F. must've been on the 0 and 10 team Dayton had several years ago and it stil smarts that he lost.

Tick Tock Tick Tock my glutious maximus........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami