*West Brook vs. Sterling/41-23 WB Wins/Comments*

Another shaky game by Brook.  Must have had 100 yards in penalties in the first half.  At least three nice plays called back for holding.    The pass defense is not good.  Brook clearly had more talent, but the penalties kept them in long yardage situations the whole first half.  Would've trailed at the half but for a punt return TD by Lopez.

Second half they couldn't deal with the running game.  Less penalties and suddenly, we move the ball.  They have a nice QB and good receivers.  Brook pretty much shut down their running game in the second half, but they still made some nice passing plays.

Overall, we are not ready for NS.  We will have to play perfect to stay with those guys and tonight, we were anything but. 

Another shaky game by Brook.  Must have had 100 yards in penalties in the first half.   At least three nice plays called back for holding.    The pass defense is not good.  Brook clearly had more talent, but the penalties kept them in long yardage situations the whole first half.  Would've trailed at the half but for a punt return TD by Lopez.

Second half they couldn't deal with the running game.  Less penalties and suddenly, we move the ball.  They have a nice QB and good receivers.   Brook pretty much shut down their running game in the second half, but they still made some nice passing plays.

Overall, we are not ready for NS.   We will have to play perfect to stay with those guys and tonight, we were anything but.   

Very well said. West Brook did not play a good game this week and will subsequently get killed next week by NS. I am a proud Bruin supporter, but I have to call them like I see them. We did not play well at all on offense, except in the third and some of the fourth when we were able to move the ball pretty good. Sterling's defense played well, IMO....but they will make a quick exit in the playoffs. The penalties were excessive, but that had to be the poorest officiating crew that I've seen this year (I think they did the Central game last night, too). Granted we were deserving some of the penalties we got, but not all of them. As westend1 said, we are not ready to play a team like NS. They are just a better team than we are. If we show up to play our brand of football next week, and we play it from the first quarter, we might be able to hang with them. But I have not seen us play 4 quarter football yet this season. I predict NS will hang us by 2 scores. Sorry Bruins, I just call em like I see em. Maybe by us getting beat next week, will send them a wake up call and we'll start playing to our potential.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder