*West Brook vs. Sterling/41-23 WB Wins/Comments*

Let me add this.  Ryan Grant is a stud.  Some college is going to be lucky to get him.  He catches with his hands and has great leaping ability.  He should see the field on defense, along with Garrett.  Put those two at safety and we would be much better,  (just a worthless opinion)

Soulja and I were talking after the game, and while I didn't post it, and we both said the same thing. #3 and #4 should both be playing both ways. If both of those guys were in our secondary, we would be a hard team to pass against. This is what got our money last year in the playoffs. We had the wrong personnell in there on defense, and we got burned. It's unfortunate, but we need to move some people around, and we'd have a better chance of surviving in the playoffs. BTW, does Ryan Grant play on the basketball team? With his vertical jumping ability, he would be an asset on the hardwood.

well the game was pretty much what i thought....closer than it was "supposed" to be...sterling had a shot at it but it didnt happen...hopefully the rangers keep getting better and can make the game go the other way...since i have now seen both north shore and west brook i can safely say barring an egg by north shore they should have their way w/ the bruins, but west brook can prolly make some noise in the playoffs if they can control their penalties...

its unfortunate for the rangers that they will have to play pearland in the first round, but when u havent been to the playoffs since 1985 u'll take what u get....

Soulja and I were talking after the game, and while I didn't post it, and we both said the same thing. #3 and #4 should both be playing both ways. If both of those guys were in our secondary, we would be a hard team to pass against. This is what got our money last year in the playoffs. We had the wrong personnell in there on defense, and we got burned. It's unfortunate, but we need to move some people around, and we'd have a better chance of surviving in the playoffs. BTW, does Ryan Grant play on the basketball team? With his vertical jumping ability, he would be an asset on the hardwood.

HE DOES PLAY bBALL , BUT HE LOOKS LIKE A FOOTBALL PLAYER ON THE COURT.  Plenty of talent with mediocre skills.  He will be an asset to the team but he is not a creator due to lack of ball handling skills.  Dante, on the other hand, is pretty tricky on the court.

Beaumont West Brook 41, Baytown Sterling 23 - Final

Baytown Sterling Overall: 5-3  District: 2-2

Beaumont West Brook Overall: 6-0  District: 4-0

Boxscore

Saturday November 1, 2008 3:00pm

1 2 3 4 OT Total

Baytown Sterling 12 0 3 8 0 23

Beaumont West Brook 7 7 6 21 0 41

Scoring summary

BTS -- Keagan Kogut 3-yard run. PAT kick failed ( ), 7:32, 1st.

BWB -- Donte Lopez 46-yard punt return. PAT kick ( Sam Gurski ), 10:02, 1st.

BTS -- Keagan Kogut 12-yard pass to Chance Nelson. PAT run failed ( ), 0:29, 1st.

BWB -- Christine Michael 25-yard run. PAT kick ( Sam Gurski ), 4:22, 2nd.

BWB -- Christine Michael 1-yard run. PAT kick failed ( ), 7:54, 3rd.

BTS -- Israel Rodriguez 22-yard field goal. PAT ( ), 4:58, 3rd.

BWB -- Christian Louis 15-yard pass to Ryan Grant. PAT kick ( Sam Gurski ), 7:11, 4th.

BTS -- Keagan Kogut 37-yard pass to Chance Nelson. PAT pass (Andre Corley from Keagan Kogut), 6:00, 4th.

BWB -- Christian Louis 14-yard pass to Ryan Grant. PAT kick ( Sam Gurski ), 1:38, 4th.

BWB -- Christine Michael 1-yard run. PAT kick ( Sam Gurski ), 10:22, 4th.

Game Notables and Highlights

Team Stats

Baytown Sterling Beaumont West Brook

Total yards 331 434

First downs 16 20

Rushes/Yds 21/34 49/256

Average rush 1.62 5.22

Comp/Atts 23/41 14/19

Pass yards 297 178

Comp pct 56.1 73.68

Punts 5 2

Punting Yards 196 95

Punting Average 39.2 47.5

Fumbles/Lost 1/0 1/0

Penalties-yards 9-65 13-104

Baytown Sterling

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Keagan Kogut 23 41 56.1 297 2 1

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Keagan Kogut 10 11 1.1 0 0

Lesroy Clarke 5 4 0.8 0 0

Malcolm Zeno 3 16 5.33 0 0

Chance Nelson 3 3 1 0 0

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Deshawn Collins 1 24 24 0 0

Andre Corley 1 16 16 0 0

Lesroy Clarke 4 60 15 0 0

Dwain Nicholas 1 23 23 0 0

Chance Nelson 9 120 13.33 0 2

Karique Stephen 5 48 9.6 0 0

Daniel Rougely 2 16 8 0 0

Beaumont West Brook

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Christian Louis 14 19 73.68 178 2 0

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Jordan Garrett 8 52 6.5 0 0

Christian Louis 6 -9 -1.5 0 0

Christine Michael 29 192 6.62 0 3

Jeremy Cooper 3 18 6 0 0

Donte Lopez 2 12 6 0 0

Sam Gurski 1 -9 -9 0 0

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Ryan Grant 5 60 12 0 2

Jordan Garrett 4 67 16.75 0 0

Christine Michael 2 23 11.5 0 0

Donte Lopez 1 7 7 0 0

Bruce Reyes 1 11 11 0 0

This was a good game and Sterling's game play was good.  They started off trying to run the ball to no avail.  On the Zone read, Sterlings' QB looked scared and unsure.  For the most part, Sterling's offensive line did good in the pass protection.  They started allowing sacks later on in the game.  They will get bounced in the first round, just like 82 said.

Looks like Brook played down to the competition.  Seems like they were trying to force the action to Michael early and got him tired early in the game.  Second half is when it started clicking on offense.  After Michael got a little breather, Brook came out with the pitch plays and option plays to Michael.  After Sterling started keying in on the run again, Bombs away. 

Her is a couple of things that I noticed.  Taylor Reed is a beast.  He was in on a lot of plays delivering big hits.  Lopez is so elusive on punt returns, I believe he needs to return kickoffs too.  That basketball quickness showed tonight.  Also, #3 and #4 need to be going both ways.  They are great athletes and will help this pass defense out a lot. 

Even though Michael and Louis did their thing, I give the game ball to WB kicker #1.  He made a couple of TD saving tackles in the open field.  One of them was a hard hit. 

One thing that Brook can work on that will help them beat a good passing team in the playoffs is to start playing man defense.  Sterling kept finding holes in that Zone they were running. Other than that, I think they will be fine.

This was a good game and Sterling's game play was good.  They started off trying to run the ball to no avail.  On the Zone read, Sterlings' QB looked scared and unsure.  For the most part, Sterling's offensive line did good in the pass protection.  They started allowing sacks later on in the game.  They will get bounced in the first round, just like 82 said.

Looks like Brook played down to the competition.  Seems like they were trying to force the action to Michael early and got him tired early in the game.  Second half is when it started clicking on offense.  After Michael got a little breather, Brook came out with the pitch plays and option plays to Michael.  After Sterling started keying in on the run again, Bombs away. 

Her is a couple of things that I noticed.  Taylor Reed is a beast.  He was in on a lot of plays delivering big hits.  Lopez is so elusive on punt returns, I believe he needs to return kickoffs too.  That basketball quickness showed tonight.  Also, #3 and #4 need to be going both ways.  They are great athletes and will help this pass defense out a lot. 

Even though Michael and Louis did their thing, I give the game ball to WB kicker #1.  He made a couple of TD saving tackles in the open field.  One of them was a hard hit. 

One thing that Brook can work on that will help them beat a good passing team in the playoffs is to start playing man defense.  Sterling kept finding holes in that Zone they were running. Other than that, I think they will be fine.

that"s the way I saw it also Soulja

Very well said, Soulja. I agree with alot of what you said. Hopefully the right adjustments will be made and we will do well in the playoffs. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I pulled into the bank drive-through to cash a check yesterday. Couldn’t figure out why they were closed. About an hour later I realized it was because of Juneteenth. Kind of ticked me off. I just wanted to cash a check. Hope that doesn’t make me racist.🤔
    • Partially true. God is omnipresent and loves us all the same. God is not distant, we are. We are the ones that stray away or outright reject him. It is up to us to turn to him. We must ask and knock.   Matthew 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds;and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
    • I read much more than I post on here. One strong observation is, the ridicule on this side is a two-way 6 Lane Highway. For all the ridicule you say you receive, just know your absence would probably be missed.
    • I watched all the games too. If you think that offense was high level, it's not really worth discussing with you any longer. Everyone standing around watching one kid shoot 3's, and one other drive to the basket is just plain bad. 
  • Topics