What's it gonna take to get PNG back on track???

ndnfan

The Indians have to much pride they will get this turned around before next year.

Sometimes Pride keeps people from seeing the truth!

Seeing life through Purple tinted glasses is not always a good thing. Sometimes you gotta take of the shades to realize that the sky is cloudy!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

png will have as much talent as anyone the next three years or probably the most since the late 90's.as for the middle schools the 7th grade groups will be fine.i cant figure out the 8th grade situation.i know we have a good group at pnms but we have not played a complete game all year.who's fault??not sure.i do know that the pn kids are excited about pairing up with the groves kids next year and i dont see kids leaving.in fact this years freshmen group is the largest class in a long time and the 8th and 7th are big classes.hopefully the groves kids look at next year as a fresh start and come ready to play.pnms has talent.that was shown in 7 on 7 against some top teams at state this year.weve struggled with blocking and tackling(overall toughness).i personally believe we arent tough enough on our kids but when they get to coach stone that changes.c o is loaded,probably the best 8th grade team ive seen but they play very few kids.pnms plays there whole roster and its hurt them.we have 3 coaches compared to 4 at most other middle schools and in pn our line coach(which is our weakness)sits all practices so we have 2 able bodied coaches.cant speak for groves but they were loaded last year.juan r coached those boys so they couldnt be messed up.last point ill make is no one quits football at the middle schools.to me thats says its to easy.

One correction, CO Wilson has played their second team at least one quarter every game. Some games they played most of the second half. That has been going on for two years now. And it shows when the back-ups come in. They look pretty good. They have had that advantage because of some huge leads.

I did see your line coach sitting their at half time while the other coaches were talking to the kids in the end zone. I can surely say that is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in my life. That, in my opinion is enough to smoke MB. The Athletic director is over all athletics and that is completely unacceptable.

you mean to tell me the coach was sitting down at half time.  that is terrible, give me a break so what that he was sitting down

His team was getting it handed to them by about 30 points. They couldn't even make a first down. The other two coaches were in the end zone talking and coaching the kids and this clown was sitting on the bench on the 50 by his self. Maybe that is OK to you but if its my kid playing on that team, it is unacceptable.

png will have as much talent as anyone the next three years or probably the most since the late 90's.as for the middle schools the 7th grade groups will be fine.i cant figure out the 8th grade situation.i know we have a good group at pnms but we have not played a complete game all year.who's fault??not sure.i do know that the pn kids are excited about pairing up with the groves kids next year and i dont see kids leaving.in fact this years freshmen group is the largest class in a long time and the 8th and 7th are big classes.hopefully the groves kids look at next year as a fresh start and come ready to play.pnms has talent.that was shown in 7 on 7 against some top teams at state this year.weve struggled with blocking and tackling(overall toughness).i personally believe we arent tough enough on our kids but when they get to coach stone that changes.c o is loaded,probably the best 8th grade team ive seen but they play very few kids.pnms plays there whole roster and its hurt them.we have 3 coaches compared to 4 at most other middle schools and in pn our line coach(which is our weakness)sits all practices so we have 2 able bodied coaches.cant speak for groves but they were loaded last year.juan r coached those boys so they couldnt be messed up.last point ill make is no one quits football at the middle schools.to me thats says its to easy.

One correction, CO Wilson has played their second team at least one quarter every game. Some games they played most of the second half. That has been going on for two years now. And it shows when the back-ups come in. They look pretty good. They have had that advantage because of some huge leads.

I did see your line coach sitting their at half time while the other coaches were talking to the kids in the end zone. I can surely say that is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in my life. That, in my opinion is enough to smoke MB. The Athletic director is over all athletics and that is completely unacceptable.

you mean to tell me the coach was sitting down at half time.  that is terrible, give me a break so what that he was sitting down

His team was getting it handed to them by about 30 points. They couldn't even make a first down. The other two coaches were in the end zone talking and coaching the kids and this clown was sitting on the bench on the 50 by his self. Maybe that is OK to you but if its my kid playing on that team, it is unacceptable.

Maybe he was day dreaming about coaching at a program that wins year in and year out.  Maybe he was thinking about the good old days when PNG used to win alto.  Maybe he was saying I wish we had more talent or he could have been wishing that you were down on the field coaching with all your expertise.

Maybe he was day dreaming about coaching at a program that wins year in and year out.  Maybe he was thinking about the good old days when PNG used to win alto.  Maybe he was saying I wish we had more talent or he could have been wishing that you were down on the field coaching with all your expertise.

Or Maybe"texans" you are that coach.  :o :o

Or Maybe"texans" you are that coach.  :o :o

Why would I want to go to PNG, if I coached I would much rather be at Dayton, Central, Nederland, Lumberton, Vidor, Ozen, the list goes on and on.  Why because there are to many people from PNG that are quick to point the finger at everyone.  If those that have such a problem with Burnett how about go and talk to him.  Better stick to hiding behind the message boards, he would eat you up.

If you sit back and look at this years mess and put some brain cells to use, most anyone can see that the root of the problem for PNG varsity is not MB, the blame should rest on the OC !!! His play calling is pathetic at best !!! Did not utilize the talent we did have available. I think the OC may have been hoping to foil this season with hopes of the higher aspiration as the new head coach !!! How's that for a conspiracy theory !!!  :-X

First off, PNG had the same O line this year as they did last year, minus Cortez. So why was PNG unable to perform ? Secondly, I think that MB let the OC run the Offensive side of the ball completely without accountability. I think in reality that by him letting that happen, he allowed the season to go down in flames. Yes I agree that MB should have put his size 12 on the OC's @#$ and told him to turn in his headphone !!! With the talent PNG had this year there is no excuse what so ever for the way this season happened to go. My thought is that come next year MB will be there and we will more than likely have a new OC. Yes I would love to see Long back coaching the the RES ! but I dont see it happening unless he is declared the head coach.

long will be tuff to get he has a good thing going at kelly

Actually Kelly is not as good a thing as one might think. They don't pay much at all and he is hampered by the lack of assistant coaches he can hire since they are paid poorly compared to the poorly paid public schools!

I think Long will take the first decent public school HC job that comes along, but he ain't goin' back to be anyones OC.

long will be tuff to get he has a good thing going at kelly

Actually Kelly is not as good a thing as one might think. They don't pay much at all and he is hampered by the lack of assistant coaches he can hire since they are paid poorly compared to the poorly paid public schools!

I think Long will take the first decent public school HC job that comes along, but he ain't goin' back to be anyones OC.

I think Long would be a mistake. PNG is an attractive job that will bring much bigger names so why settle. Back when Malone got the job there was some heavy hitters that applied and I believe PNG has more to offer now(facility etc...), well that is if they will get right on the money.Don't take me wrong I am not saying anything bad about Mike, I just think we can get a whole lot better.

OKAY so whom ever knows the story is not willing to spill the beans ?  How about leaking the story out like they do in the political arena !!! Or you could put out the story (news) using an alias....  Kinda like in the Watergate story. You just cant use deepthroat its already been used !!!

Have a little faith purple.I too was wondering about how my team the Dayton Broncos would fare this year w/C.Green's last years leg injury-5 returning defensive starters from last years semi-finals team kicked off the team before game #1 for a altercation @ school.Great coaches have a knack for seeing talent @ turning things around @ rallying the players.I think coach Stewart's philosophy is "Pain is Gain"if your gonna be successful your gonna learn to play w/pain.You have a great coach Burnett,a great team spirit,a fantastic fan support group,a new stadium,have some faith as I see better games down the road.

OKAY so whom ever knows the story is not willing to spill the beans ?  How about leaking the story out like they do in the political arena !!! Or you could put out the story (news) using an alias....  Kinda like in the Watergate story. You just cant use deepthroat its already been used !!!

Vee haf vays uf makeening you talk.

2.gif

12.gif

20.gif

21.gif

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa