Livingston at Beaumont Central Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

I too think Livingston may have some issues on the defensive side of the ball but, offensively, they are on a roll. I don't see Central hanging with the Lions. Perhaps a few points off a big play or two but, all in all, I think the Jags will have problems.

Livingston 38

Central 20

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think Livingston may have some issues on the defensive side of the ball but, offensively, they are on a roll. I don't see Central hanging with the Lions. Perhaps a few points off a big play or two but, all in all, I think the Jags will have problems.

Livingston 38

Central 20

Didn't you pick us to lose to Nederland also?

Wow...BmtSoulja1...Wasn't aware that you had to pick Central in order to participate in this discussion...You should note that when you create a post...As for missing Nederland/Central pick; I was 21 for 21 this week and I believe 18/21 over the last two weeks of playing Rykers pick 'em. So, I'd say I've done pretty good this year...Can't win 'em all...

I actually find it a little difficult each week with 20-4A...There's too much parity...Just about anyone can beat anyone else on a given night..It really just comes down to who makes the most mistakes/has the most injured players, etc...I think all of the teams are fairly well matched (except Ozen/LC-M).

Wow...BmtSoulja1...Wasn't aware that you had to pick Central in order to participate in this discussion...You should note that when you create a post...As for missing Nederland/Central pick; I was 21 for 21 this week and I believe 18/21 over the last two weeks of playing Rykers pick 'em. So, I'd say I've done pretty good this year...Can't win 'em all...

I actually find it a little difficult each week with 20-4A...There's too much parity...Just about anyone can beat anyone else on a given night..It really just comes down to who makes the most mistakes/has the most injured players, etc...I think all of the teams are fairly well matched (except Ozen/LC-M).

I didn't say that You need to pick Central to participate.  I just noticed that you almost always pick against Central.  I know you are a Lumberton fan and yall beat us and we stunk up the place.  What you don't realize is that since then, we have been playing lights out football.

Central wins big. Livingston's defense CAN NOT stand up to a power running game with crisp blocking and good technique. If Central's defense plays Livingston like Lumberton's defense played Livingston, Central and Ozen, They will win big. Containing Livingston's speed is the key. KEEP EVERYTHING IN FRONT OF YOU and your front four has to be very disciplined and play with alot of intensity.

Gonna be a helluva game! Wish I could be there!  With these two teams, hard to make a prediction.  I feel like the winner will be the district champs. 

NDN, I'm thinking you feel like Big Ned is gonna take L-Town down the final game. If they don't Lumberton has the tie breaker on both of these teams, so this probably won't be for district champ, although the winner is surely guaranteed a playoff spot. I think Central will take this game, I imagine Livingston has improved since we played them, but they seem more like a mirror image of Nederland, all offense and no defense. I think Central will contain them just like they did Nederland and take this one by around 10 points. Don't look for any 50 point game.

BmtSoulja1...

I would never pick against a team just because I'm not a fan, etc.. (ha) If I say I think a team is going to lose, it's because I think they are going to lose. I've been picking Texas over the Aggies for the past 10 years and I've been wrong for a few years now. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be wrong this year.

Anyway, don't think it's a personal thing. I actually had a few buddies who played for Central "back in the day". I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em. The problem I have with Central is that they remind me of Texas Tech (over the years). One week, they'll play tough and beat someone that I didn't expect them to beat and then they'll fall apart and lose to a "cellar dweller". This year, the Jags are hangin' in there...Good luck to ya'.

I think Central have to come back from behind to win against Livingston. The only weakness Central has is at the goal line. The rest of the team is solid.  Jag's by less than 3 !!!!!!

How are we weak at the GL...I don't get it!???  We move the ball and have scored on teams with success...We have a pretty good kickers..so when things are in question 4th & 3, we kick it!  I call that smart football...This ain't Madden...where you never kick. ;D

Gonna be a GREAT game!!!!!  Just don't know who to predict to win....whoever the winner is, they will deserve it, for sure!  Best of luck to BOTH teams!

I'll pick for you...Jags win!  But you're right...both teams have come along way since early season mishaps!  Good luck to both!

Tough one to call but... Im goin with Central on this one. Both teams are good but i think Livingston's lack of a stout D, mixed with Central's ability to make big plays on either side of the ball including special teams, gives the W to Central. Gonna be a fun game to watch tho.

Beaumont Central- 31

Livingston- 17

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder