STICK A FORK IN US....WE ARE DONE

Guest KHS 89

I have never seen Indian fans with this kind of attitude!!  Keep your heads up and lets pray that your boys don't get on this thread!  You people have the best pride and tradition I have ever seen, snap out of it!! 

I agree...so, we are having a down year...everybody has them.  And you are right...PNG does have the BEST Honor, Pride, and Tradition that has ever been seen!  We will be back, you can bet on that.  Now, however, its time to regroup and pull for the remaining teams that will represent 20-4A.  Best of luck to everyone.......!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know  from the 2 years that we had the honor of being in 20 -4a on the football side of thing this district has taught Dayton a few lessons and the one I most remember is never say QUIT if you are from 20 - 4A yall have always showed up to play no matter what is said in the end the school pride there  is out of this world and PNG HAS ALWAYS BEEN BLASTING THAT PRIDE THRU THE ROOF EVRYTIME WE PLAY YALL THE STADIUM WAS ENERGIZED ALWAYS  ELECTRIC keep your heads up take on all comers no matter the out come let  the players feel that electricity again

I'm not good at calculating all the scenarios in my head, but what if PNG wins out? Is there a chance for them, without being ridiculous? I am the type of person who refuses to say all is lost until I am mathematically eliminated.

Mathematically speaking, if PNG wins out, and Central & Lumberton lose all 3 remaining games, PNG would make it in as the 4th team behind Ned, Liv, & Vidor. PNG will lose all tie breakers with Ned, Liv & Vidor. So, your only chance is to beat Lumberton & Central and hope they lose out. Your more likely to find gas for 1.09 a gallon.

I'm not good at calculating all the scenarios in my head, but what if PNG wins out? Is there a chance for them, without being ridiculous? I am the type of person who refuses to say all is lost until I am mathematically eliminated.

Mathematically speaking, if PNG wins out, and Central & Lumberton lose all 3 remaining games, PNG would make it in as the 4th team behind Ned, Liv, & Vidor. PNG will lose all tie breakers with Ned, Liv & Vidor. So, your only chance is to beat Lumberton & Central and hope they lose out. Your more likely to find gas for 1.09 a gallon.

ActuallyLumberton would only need to lose to Nederland and PNG, & Central would only need to lose to PNG & Liv, and PNG would need to beat Central Ozen & Lumberton. Then PNG would be the 4th team behind Liv Ned & Vidor. They would win both tie breakers with Lumberton and Central based on the fact that they would have beaten them head to head.

WELL !!! I am a big PNG supporter. However I can see the towel being thrown in for this season. I will be there whether winning or loosing !!! I wouldn't be a Indian supporter if I didn't cheer on the boys no matter what !!! I just find it strange that we had what 9 returners on the offense and I think only 2-3 on the defense. I just feel that our offense should be scoring a heck of alot more points than they have with so many returners.  I know that with PNG's offense the QB currently has to throw to the X receiver for that particular pass play. (I could be wrong). I just noticed that on several passing plays that there have been several receivers open which would have led to TD's and maybe a different outcome on some of these losses. (just my opinion) We do have one heck of a QB ! and 2 very talented running backs and several agile receivers. Why can't they make it all come together and really do what this offense is capable of ? I have to say the play calling this year is worse than last years. The OC to me is really making some terrible offense calls. Its like he panics or something and goes away from what is working to what isn't working. I know last years group of Seniors were all very strong, enthusiastic leaders and wouldn't let a loss or being behind get them down. They just seemed to stay focused. Not to sure about this years Seniors. On the defense I think they should be putting some serious size on the D line. I see several boys on the sidelines who look very big and they stay on the sideline no matter what is happening. I have noticed that our D line is getting blown off the line. You can't win games with that happening. There are some big boys on the JV team that may help to make some bit of a change if they bring them up. The OC needs to let Tatum loose and let him throw to the most open receiver on the field instead of the X receiver. I know that Dustin Long threw to who was the most open and look how well that went.

As far as tradition, you don't want to say you have a winning tradition when you only make the playoffs every 3-4 years. Look at Nederland, Dayton, WOS. They all seem to reload with great players year end and year out. I Don't say its necessarily the players as much as its the coaches ability to pull that talent and intensity out of their boys. I think we may be lacking that at PNG on several levels. I know that alot of the philosophy at PNG is that Seniors get the starting spot, but if you have Juniors or even Sophomores who are better then they need to play. The most talented players aren't always the starting players.

I know I may get bashed from some of you on this post but I have stepped back and began to think after hearing from alot of the players from this year and years past. Yes I do believe that the winning tradition starts with the coaching staff looking seriously at who is the most talented and/or who has to the most potential to be great. just my two cents worth here.

ActuallyLumberton would only need to lose to Nederland and PNG, & Central would only need to lose to PNG & Liv, and PNG would need to beat Central Ozen & Lumberton. Then PNG would be the 4th team behind Liv Ned & Vidor. They would win both tie breakers with Lumberton and Central based on the fact that they would have beaten them head to head.

NEVER GIVE UP!

Win the remaining games and who knows...

From experience...

The rules for tie breakers might change due to a "special meeting"

Well, im looking at the JV team i think they are undefeated this year. As i said i will be at all the remaining games win or lose till the last second ticks off the clock, they have made it where it virtually impossible to go down on the field after the game, my daughter is upset her homeroom mentor is #69 and she wants to go say "HI" to him and the Indian spirit

WELL !!! I am a big PNG supporter. However I can see the towel being thrown in for this season. I will be there whether winning or loosing !!! I wouldn't be a Indian supporter if I didn't cheer on the boys no matter what !!! I just find it strange that we had what 9 returners on the offense and I think only 2-3 on the defense. I just feel that our offense should be scoring a heck of alot more points than they have with so many returners.  I know that with PNG's offense the QB currently has to throw to the X receiver for that particular pass play. (I could be wrong). I just noticed that on several passing plays that there have been several receivers open which would have led to TD's and maybe a different outcome on some of these losses. (just my opinion) We do have one heck of a QB ! and 2 very talented running backs and several agile receivers. Why can't they make it all come together and really do what this offense is capable of ? I have to say the play calling this year is worse than last years. The OC to me is really making some terrible offense calls. Its like he panics or something and goes away from what is working to what isn't working. I know last years group of Seniors were all very strong, enthusiastic leaders and wouldn't let a loss or being behind get them down. They just seemed to stay focused. Not to sure about this years Seniors. On the defense I think they should be putting some serious size on the D line. I see several boys on the sidelines who look very big and they stay on the sideline no matter what is happening. I have noticed that our D line is getting blown off the line. You can't win games with that happening. There are some big boys on the JV team that may help to make some bit of a change if they bring them up. The OC needs to let Tatum loose and let him throw to the most open receiver on the field instead of the X receiver. I know that Dustin Long threw to who was the most open and look how well that went.

As far as tradition, you don't want to say you have a winning tradition when you only make the playoffs every 3-4 years. Look at Nederland, Dayton, WOS. They all seem to reload with great players year end and year out. I Don't say its necessarily the players as much as its the coaches ability to pull that talent and intensity out of their boys. I think we may be lacking that at PNG on several levels. I know that alot of the philosophy at PNG is that Seniors get the starting spot, but if you have Juniors or even Sophomores who are better then they need to play. The most talented players aren't always the starting players.

I know I may get bashed from some of you on this post but I have stepped back and began to think after hearing from alot of the players from this year and years past. Yes I do believe that the winning tradition starts with the coaching staff looking seriously at who is the most talented and/or who has to the most potential to be great. just my two cents worth here.

I totally agree with this post.  Tatum is an excellent QB and its a shame he was not allowed to reach his full potential as a high school quarterback.  And, like you, I too believe that the most talented and better players are not always the starters in the game.  This needs to change. The OC either needs to get his act together or needs to be replaced...plain and simple.  I think without great leadership and motivation from the coaching staff, the boys lose their intensity when playing the game.  I feel there has been a breakdown in the coaching this year at PNG....we have the talent, the kids to get the job done, but it seems at times they are lacking discipline and encouragement in the game.  This has been a CRAZY year at PNG....no home stadium (and all games on the road), then the hurricanes, and so on...not making excuses because everyone else has been affected.  PNG will bounce back...we have an undefeated JV (so far) and I hope and pray that their  full potential will be allowed next year as the Indians come roaring back.  Best of luck to all the teams in our district.

I don't know what's going on but Westend1 is right, PNG doesn't have the players this year to contend in this district... hope it gets better for them, doesn't feel right for them to be so bad.

That's bogus.

District Ranks:

QB - 2

RB - 2 & 6

WR - 4, 6 & 10

The defense is young and porous. I get that, but some of the things that the coaching staff has done on offense and special teams is ridiculous. Why with the game on the line (down 2 with 5 minutes), do you send a kid to return a punt when the team is punting from the 35 going in. I asked a real coach from a well respected area program what should be done in that situation and he said you play your base defense and don't send anyone back. Said you play for the fake. Odds are they will either kick it into the end zone or inside the ten with no chance at a return because of the short coverage area. This guy didn't know what the outcome was either. PNG coaches sent a kid back there and he was begging them for direction. He was yelling what do I do?? And they didn't respond. The poor kid muffed the punt inside the ten. Vidor recovers. TD, Game over! Not his fault. Piss Poor Coaching.

Never throwing on 1st down. Never went to three receiver set. Threw only on 3rd down and long 2nd downs. Threw 7 times all night.

They have a Sophomore on Varsity that is 6-3 250 lbs and plays DT (which is the worst unit right now) and he never touches the field?? Why is he not on JV?? Why is he not actually playing on Varsity??

sigh.   Don't know what to say.   Guess I pull for the neighbors now.  :'(

Pull for Lumberton, no one else likes us. 

Not totally true. Except for the Lumberton vs. Vidor and Lumberton vs. Central games last year, I was pulling for you guys. Same as this year. The Raiders are my third team to root for. I pull for Central second.

And I'll pull for anybody from the GT should they make the playoffs.

That's right, even the Indians and Bulldogs. Just not in district play.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83