*WO-S vs. HF Updates*/'STANGS ROLL!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a game is 50-0 at the half, and ends only 66-0, the coach did a damn good job of keeping the score down.  if the stangs put up 50 in the first half, just think of what they could've done to a beat up, worn down, demoralized horns team in the second half.  this game could've been 120-0 if hooks had wanted.  i don't know if it's true or not, but if the horns coach opted not to use the running clock, every point in the second half is on him, and he's lucky that the mustangs chose not to put up more.

Wo-s put in their starting linebacker (Stephen Cook) at running back and he had a long run. and their other defensive player ( Terry Rubin) scored at running back. Hypolite only played a couple snaps at Qb in the third quarter. Wo-s coaches did everthing they could to not run up the score. They couldn't kneel the whole game. Hamshire Fannett coaches should have asked for a running clock the whole second half. I don't believe in that running up the score crap. If you don't want people to keep scoring on you, then keep fighting to stop them. It seems like in the first half, after a couple hard hits by Wo-s. HF players got intimidated. If I was a player, it would be more humiliating to me if we had to ask for a running clock or a team kneeling on the ball to keep from scoring on me. I'd rather get beaten 100 to nothing. From what I hear, Quinny got into it with Coach Hooks and he stepped up to coach Hooks kinda aggressively and that's why they sat him out. If that's true, then it's good they sat him out. Kids need to realize that you have to respect authority. He only hurt himself and his stats because if he got 300 yards against Nederland, then he easily could have gotten 400 against HF.

Kudos to the Mustang coaching staff for making a statement by benching Quinny.  Love the kid to death and he is an awesome athlete, but everyone has to respect somebody and while disciplining one athlete, you prove to the others that disrespect, lack of respect, missing class, whatever the issue may be...will not be tolerated regardless of who you are. 

I hate it for him, but better to learn now than later.

Noone knows why he did not play so lets not start putting out rumors.  I would think, if he was in any way aggresive to Coach Hooks or any coach at any level of football, he would never even put a pad on again.  SO STOP THE RUMORS, IT IS A KID THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Okay, someone asked one of the players while they were at the game and that's what they told him. I was just told this morning that he was kicked off the team by Coach T. Since you are so up in arms about it and don't want it to be true, why don't you go and find out for sure.

Wo-s put in their starting linebacker (Stephen Cook) at running back and he had a long run. and their other defensive player ( Terry Rubin) scored at running back. Hypolite only played a couple snaps at Qb in the third quarter. Wo-s coaches did everthing they could to not run up the score. They couldn't kneel the whole game. Hamshire Fannett coaches should have asked for a running clock the whole second half. I don't believe in that running up the score crap. If you don't want people to keep scoring on you, then keep fighting to stop them. It seems like in the first half, after a couple hard hits by Wo-s. HF players got intimidated. If I was a player, it would be more humiliating to me if we had to ask for a running clock or a team kneeling on the ball to keep from scoring on me. I'd rather get beaten 100 to nothing. From what I hear, Quinny got into it with Coach Hooks and he stepped up to coach Hooks kinda aggressively and that's why they sat him out. If that's true, then it's good they sat him out. Kids need to realize that you have to respect authority. He only hurt himself and his stats because if he got 300 yards against Nederland, then he easily could have gotten 400 against HF.

Wow what a beat down, I realistically new we would lose but had no idea it would be in this fashion. It is now painfully obvious that the Horns were not prepared physically or mentally for the game. I think this will go down in the record books as the worst defeat in HF school history. We being HF fans and athlete's have no right being upset at the score being run up so high. Back in our Hay Days in the 90's we did the same thing to other schools. WOS is not to blame if their 2nd & 3rd String players are better than our 1st String. I doubt we could beat WOS JV the way our players and coaches performed Friday Night. I hope this type of a loss does not have an adverse effect on the team, instead I hope we learn from this and rebound for a possible playoff berth. GoodLuck to both teams this week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami