*Warren vs. Deweyville Updates*/DEWEYVILLE WINS!!!

My hat goes off to the pirates. Good game guys we are proud of y'all. I just want the warrior players to know keep your heads up and good things will come your way. From the pirates to the warriors you guys played a heck of a ball game. Warren #81 (Tyler Greeson) good game and good luck in the rest of the season.

Deweyville running game sinks Warren

Andy Pate

The Orange Leader

DEWEYVILLE — A pair of determined Deweyville Pirates proved more than enough to subdue the Warren Warriors.

Running backs Kane Katchtik and Keeton Addison combined for a total of 283 of their team’s 295 total rushing yards, to lead the Pirates to a convincing 34-19 Homecoming victory on Friday night.

Kachtik rumbled for 149 yards on 26 carries while Addison scooted for 134 yards on 23 totes.

With the win the Pirates improved their season’s record to 4-2 and now stand 2-1 in District 23-2A competition. Warren fell to 2-3 for the season, and 0-2 in district.

Addison opened the scoring in the first quarter with a 3-yard touchdown run. Brazos Morris, who carried 23 times for 101 yards for Warren, responded with a 15-yard TD dash. The first quarter ended 7-7, but Deweyville added two TDs in the second to make it 20-7 at halftime. The Pirates also scored twice in the third.

Katchtik ran for three touchdowns on thenight. The fifth Pirate TD was by Eric Avila on a 32-yard dash.

Warren quarterback Colt Kelley had a very busy evening, completing 16 of 37 passes for 295 yards, a single interception, and one touchdown, a 25-yard toss to Brandon Young. Warrior efforts were seriously hampered by four turnovers on four fumbles and by the interception .

Deweyville remains in the thick of the race for the district championship and a playoff spot. District leaders Anahuac and Buna, both 2-0lie ahead. Anahuac won over East Chambers 47-12. Buna was idle.

The Pirates have a tough road ahead. They must travel to Buna next Friday, and to Anahuac on Nov. 14. .

Warren boys have always played their hearts out, too bad they don't have any good coaches that would would bring the best that these boys have to offer.  Football is too dangerous not to be coached the right way.  Keep you heads up Warrios we think yall are great young men! I would like to see a GOOD coach take on the smaller schools but, of course, it all comes to money and thats all with the big schools

Warren boys have always played their hearts out, too bad they don't have any good coaches that would would bring the best that these boys have to offer.  Football is too dangerous not to be coached the right way.  Keep you heads up Warrios we think yall are great young men! I would like to see a GOOD coach take on the smaller schools but, of course, it all comes to money and thats all with the big schools

If you would have stopped at the comma your statement would have had some merit.The kids play hard, just leave it at that.Warren has some speed this year and some pretty solid players at the skill positions but they are very young on the line of scrimmage and not real big either.Not a whole lot a coach can do about that.Read the stats and you will find the reason the Warriors came up short in this one,if you turn it over 5 times you probably aren't going to win regardless of who the coach is.

P.S. There are some GREAT small school coaches in Southeast Texas. ;) ;) ;)

If you would have stopped at the comma your statement would have had some merit.The kids play hard, just leave it at that.Warren has some speed this year and some pretty solid players at the skill positions but they are very young on the line of scrimmage and not real big either.Not a whole lot a coach can do about that.Read the stats and you will find the reason the Warriors came up short in this one,if you turn it over 5 times you probably aren't going to win regardless of who the coach is.

I agree, I also think Ramsey is a solid football Coach.

I agree, I also think Ramsey is a solid football Coach.

Ramsey is a great coach...his plays and plans would work fine if the warriors were skilled and experienced enough to execute them...the personnel just isn't what it should be

blame it on the lack of skill all you want-if you have the right coach,he can turn the team around.case in point -hardin,when i saw hardin play in 06 they were average.when i saw them play warren the next year it was a totaly different team.same goes for kountze.i have seen warren play tough as nails the first half just to throw it away the last quarter by calling bad plays(several times the last 4 years).no matter what happens the boys need all the support from warren,fred,village mills, and wildwood.and the band needs to play some rocking music ;)it is time for a new coach in warren! >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder