CO Wilson Rolls Again

C O Wilson Bullpups B team 24  Vidor MS Bucs B team 12

Great game for both Bullpup teams.

Not that it means much, but vidor junior high fields 4 teams which consist of two seventh grade teams and two eight grade teams. There is no junior high a and b team. The team that played the c o wilson b team was entirely 7th graders and only half of the 7th grade, which is split by interstate 10 not by skill. I'm not sure why vidor does this....they just started a few yrs past, but it does let more kids play junior high ball....fyi

Nederland does the same, spoonbill...the "B" team's are made up mostly of 7th graders.

The key word here is MOSTLY. There is a big difference in size and ability between 7th and 8th grade football players. I'm sure you've watched the 8th grade games after the 7th grade games and seen the difference.Even if the 8th graders on the team aren't good enough to play on the "A" team, they are generally bigger than your regular seventh grader.Plus, they have had twice as much time in the system the school runs. The main advantage is on the lines in my opinion.

CO Wilson has some big 7th graders! The full back / linebacker is a monster close to 6' tall and heavy!

Yes he is. I remember him from little league all-stars...weisbord i think is his last name. Easy kid to remember. The little league team from nederland were pretty much all big kids. I coached the vidor little league team against them...pretty good team...found out pretty quick and saved my best pitchers for another day. Vidor is always limited in little league though due to half the city doing youth baseball and half in little league. Never quite understood the youth baseball thing...too much pressure on the pitchers at that age if you ask me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder