Nederland at LC-M Predictions?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Coach at Kelly that would like the LC-M Job.  :D

That could be a good move on his part. LCM is very young and with the right direction could be dangerous in a couple of years. I think NDN nation really has it's heart set on Long becoming Burnett's sucessor some day. Not sure though that if it doesn't happen soon that it will ever happen because Long will be established elsewhere. It may end up being D. Long  ;D.

Your right they are young, but I'am not sure why. They had 3 starters from last years team that would have been srs that didnt come out. I dont think the coach should have a bearing on kids that enjoy playing but for some reason the kids dont want to play for Moody.

Depends on whether Nederland stays with starters or plays their third string for most of the second half like PNG did. If they stay with starters it could be ugly,although stange things can happen on Friday nights. As far as LCM being young, that is pretty much self explainatory. There are several schools in the area way smaller than LCM that have many more upperclassmen on their teams.

Depends on whether Nederland stays with starters or plays their third string for most of the second half like PNG did. If they stay with starters it could be ugly,although stange things can happen on Friday nights. As far as LCM being young, that is pretty much self explainatory. There are several schools in the area way smaller than LCM that have many more upperclassmen on their teams.

If Ned jumps to an early big lead, Neumann will pull his starters.

We take no one lightly. When you do, that's when you get upset and/or have it handed to you.

The problem does not solely lie with "unnamed coach"

it lies with the attitude of the school and the community, no coach will ever change things as long as the community and schools attitude remains the same. Moody is dealing with the same problems that ultimately moved DW to retire.

As far as inspirational leaders go, i know of a small core group of players that can be counted on to play hard every snap and try to get everyone else on their level.

Skipper said earlier that LCM was very poor at blocking, i dont agree with that to an extent, i've seen the line open up huge holes, its the lead backs and tight ends that have a problem with blocking. But i also saw several times LCM has tried to use play action and QB keeps, and they just wont work because there is not a good enough ball fake. The biggest problem is LCM's defense.

What it comes down to is that you can't win on effort alone. Great effort beats great talent, but LCM lacks something resembling talent. They are getting run over, or run around. I will say that they play hard and do the best they can with what they have. The starters as of now, minus maybe 4 or 5, are players that have been backups all their lives.

I really do feel sorry for all the players coaches and fans, but just think of this, the struggles of this year will only prepare those young guys, and better equip them for next year.

Guest LCM Volleyball

The problem does not solely lie with "unnamed coach"

it lies with the attitude of the school and the community, no coach will ever change things as long as the community and schools attitude remains the same. Moody is dealing with the same problems that ultimately moved DW to retire.

As far as inspirational leaders go, i know of a small core group of players that can be counted on to play hard every snap and try to get everyone else on their level.

Skipper said earlier that LCM was very poor at blocking, i dont agree with that to an extent, i've seen the line open up huge holes, its the lead backs and tight ends that have a problem with blocking. But i also saw several times LCM has tried to use play action and QB keeps, and they just wont work because there is not a good enough ball fake. The biggest problem is LCM's defense.

What it comes down to is that you can't win on effort alone. Great effort beats great talent, but LCM lacks something resembling talent. They are getting run over, or run around. I will say that they play hard and do the best they can with what they have. The starters as of now, minus maybe 4 or 5, are players that have been backups all their lives.

I really do feel sorry for all the players coaches and fans, but just think of this, the struggles of this year will only prepare those young guys, and better equip them for next year.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football today is more than just x's and o's. You can know all there is to know about football and never win a game. It's about being a motivator, salesman, and coach today. If you can't motivate your players, your success if any will be short lived. Next you have to be a salesman. If you can't sell your strategy to the players then you will have limited success. Everyone from the clerk at the Stop and Go to the message boards are experts in what the coach should do. If you can't sell them on your game then they will not follow you whole heartedly. There are not many coaches that can do all three well, that's why when you find one you pay them a lot of money to stay.

I'm not just saying this because of where I am from.  But when has LC-M been good at football?  Besides the '94 team.  Does being in the same town as WOS hurt their outlook on football.  I wish the bears all the luck but at the end of the day there are teams that win and those that will lose.  LCM has been one of those teams that lose.  They are in a very competitive district.  I just don't see what everyone is complaining about.  Just get used to it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder