Fan Superstitions

Guest GoStangs

Guest GoStangs

I'm always intrigued by how fans "prepare" for games. Let's hear it -- what are your rituals, superstitions, and so on that get you ready for games!

I like to wear my "game attire" all day on game day. I listen to the Statewide pregame show that comes on KOGT on my way to the game and I like to get to the stadium at least an hour before kickoff to watch the teams go through their warmups and watch the bands march into the stadium.

I get up and grab the paper on my way to work. Read all of the h.s. football articles durring my lunch break. This gets me super hyped up. Get off work at 5:30, drive strait home and shower and get dressed in my mustang best. Drive the the credit union and deposite my pay check and head to the game. Get there about 6:30. On the ride home, tune to any AM station that I can listen to and hear how eveybody did. Get back home to sabine and try to make it in time for H.S. Extra. Wake up the next day and watch college football.

I get up have a big breakfast, get my haircut or edged, wash the car twice, yes 2 times, starch my jeans and iron them for 3 hours, shower up, hit sonic or Rays if im in Lufkin, jennys if im in K-Ville, hit the parking lot drive around a bit then let down the window and take in that smell , that friday night football smell, and its on after that! :lol:

I get up and grab the paper on my way to work. Read all of the h.s. football articles durring my lunch break. This gets me super hyped up. Get off work at 5:30' date=' drive strait home and shower and get dressed in my mustang best. Drive the the credit union and deposite my pay check and head to the game. Get there about 6:30. On the ride home, tune to any AM station that I can listen to and hear how eveybody did. Get back home to sabine and try to make it in time for H.S. Extra. Wake up the next day and watch college football.[/quote']

Other than the fact I have direct deposit, I am right there with ya baby! 8)

Now to the cat that wears startched pant in August, more power to you :D:D:D Dang hand, don't you know it's hot and humid out there :?:

I like to read the paper's predictions and see where every one is playing. that morning.

Then I make sure I have my radio and I take it to the game.That way I can listen to our game and the other ones to get score updates.

Then after the game I hurry home to watch Channel 6 and the tailgate party!!(nice plug huh Coop)?

Read all the info the paper has about Nederland and whoever they are playing. Get pumped up to go watch some H.S. football. Pick the clothes I am gonna wear. If the Dogs win then me, my uncle, my cousin, and some of are friends wear the same thing (hat, pants, shirt, boxer, and socks) each week till they lose. Then after that we pick another set and start over again

• 1 year later...

I honestly feel like if I miss the Jags game, we lose.  If I'm on time and catch the band coming in, we lose.  However, if I miss half of the first quarter, we win.  Strange, right?

The only ritual that I have during game day is to talk on the phone 2 hours before kickoff to a few of my buddies that are other places getting ready for the game.

Guest ECBucFan

Changed mine up for this year....

Preseason: we  go to Green Acres Grocery in Fannett and ask for paper not plastic...

Cut out 3 holes in the side of the bag and prepare for week 4-10

EGADS! HES BACK!  :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83