PNG-Very solid, not many mistakes

Westbrook-Not as good as made out to be

Newton-Always tough

Kirbyville-May win 2a championship

Nederland-Will be there when it counts

Jasper-Good but not consistent yet

Lumberton-Well its Lumberton

No team on this list would come within 30 points of beating West Brook.   :o

I agree that West Brook would beat all and win in this district, but to say none of these teams would come within 30 points is a HUGE stretch.  If none of these teams could come within 30, you should have no problems winning state.  Being that a couple of these teams (especially the 4a's) will probably go deep in the playoffs and maybe state.  You havent faced a good run stopping team yet....practically some of the worst.  

Obviously, you have forgotten about the Lufkin scrimmage.  I know, scrimmages don't count, but, we put up 30 in one half against a state ranked team with tons of returning starters whose strength was their defense.  Not to mention, they supposedly have THE BEST defensive lineman in the state. 

Obviously, you have forgotten about the Lufkin scrimmage.  I know, scrimmages don't count, but, we put up 30 in one half against a state ranked team with tons of returning starters whose strength was their defense.  Not to mention, they supposedly have THE BEST defensive lineman in the state. 

Again, I am not saying that Westbrook isnt a great team....and yes, you are right....it was just a  scrimmage.  But, to say that you could beat the 2nd best team in this area (behind WB) by 30 is a bit obnoxious.  You want to turn neutral people, like myself, against your school......that is the fastest way to do it on this board.  Some of these teams can effectively run the ball against anybody in the state...eating up clock.  Tough to put up 50+ on someone like that.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i have seen them play this weekend and that is why I am making the statements I am making.  Central wasnt very impressive either.  Look there is other football in this area besides Bmt.  Get out and watch it then you can make comparisons.

Who is your team, football guru?  You must be intimidated by Beaumont football, because I never said that it all about Beaumont football.  You did.  You sound like a hater to me.

Intimidated?  You have one descent team.  And I am not trying to hate but Westbrook from what I saw is not the best team around here.  Like I said get out and watch a couple of games and have an open mind then talk to me.  And yes I saw the game they couldnt get an extra point off, sloppy on kickoff teams and like I said average at best on defense.  You havent played anyone that comes close to saying they can stop the run.  I promise you WOS, PNG, and Newton would have something to say about that little running game.

WOS-Best in the area

Dayton-Just Good

Newton-Always tough

I agree that West Brook would beat all and win in this district, but to say none of these teams would come within 30 points is a HUGE stretch.  If none of these teams could come within 30, you should have no problems winning state.  Being that a couple of these teams (especially the 4a's) will probably go deep in the playoffs and maybe state.  You havent faced a good run stopping team yet....practically some of the worst.  

You can keep on flapping your gums about that.  I seriously doubt that we will see another RB at the level of Michael this year.  ..  The nerve of this guy.

WOS-Best in the area

Dayton-Just Good

Newton-Always tough

Again, I am not saying that Westbrook isnt a great team....and yes, you are right....it was just a  scrimmage.  But, to say that you could beat the 2nd best team in this area (behind WB) by 30 is a bit obnoxious.  You want to turn neutral people, like myself, against your school......that is the fastest way to do it on this board.  Some of these teams can effectively run the ball against anybody in the state...eating up clock.  Tough to put up 50+ on someone like that.

Which teams can run against anybody in the state? 

Yes i have seen them play this weekend and that is why I am making the statements I am making.  Central wasnt very impressive either.  Look there is other football in this area besides Bmt.  Get out and watch it then you can make comparisons.

Who is your team, football guru?  You must be intimidated by Beaumont football, because I never said that it all about Beaumont football.  You did.  You sound like a hater to me.

Intimidated?  You have one descent team.  And I am not trying to hate but Westbrook from what I saw is not the best team around here.  Like I said get out and watch a couple of games and have an open mind then talk to me.  And yes I saw the game they couldnt get an extra point off, sloppy on kickoff teams and like I said average at best on defense.  You havent played anyone that comes close to saying they can stop the run.  I promise you WOS, PNG, and Newton would have something to say about that little running game.

Now you know I was at the game...Nothing to say!  Thanks! 

Only 2 games have been played so you are right.  I have not seen other teams play yet.  When the year is finished, I would have seen at least 5 other teams besides our district mates play.  I'm talking about big school and small school.  

You said sloppy on kickoff teams.  I saw the big returns by Central.  How do you know that Central is just good on special teams?  We do have a returning state track team, you know.

Brook does have some kinks in the overall team, but I tell you one thing.  Offense and moving the ball will not be a problem for these guys, IMO.

Only 2 games have been played so you are right.  I have not seen other teams play yet.  When the year is finished, I would have seen at least 5 other teams besides our district mates play.  I'm talking about big school and small school.  

You said sloppy on kickoff teams.  I saw the big returns by Central.  How do you know that Central is just good on special teams?  We do have a returning state track team, you know.

Brook does have some kinks in the overall team, but I tell you one thing.  Offense and moving the ball will not be a problem for these guys, IMO.

Just because they can run in circles doesnt necessarily mean they can play the game!  And you are right they are pretty good on offense but not great yet.

Now you know I was at the game...Nothing to say!  Thanks! 

Uhh....What? :-\ A truely lost individual...

Central D is much better than you think.  They will give the teams you mentioned "fits".  Dayton doesn't run clock, PNG was fortunate to get past a so-so Crosby team, and the smaller schools just can't put enough big bodies on the field for 4 quarters. 

Look, I wish all these teams much success, but this thread is about who is the best team in this area, and I don't see them competing with WB.  Westfield, North Shore etc. is a different story.

Central D is much better than you think.   They will give the teams you mentioned "fits".  Dayton doesn't run clock, PNG was fortunate to get past a so-so Crosby team, and the smaller schools just can't put enough big bodies on the field for 4 quarters.   

Look, I wish all these teams much success, but this thread is about who is the best team in this area, and I don't see them competing with WB.   Westfield, North Shore etc. is a different story.

Youre right the last two teams you named are in a league of their own not including the Westbrook.

No thats not true... I am being serious just because of dont have a home team!  I didnt graduate from down here but have been living here for almost 30 years now and am a big fan of southeast texas football.  And i just like traveling to see the area's games and am inclined to my opinions as well as you are.

No thats not true... I am being serious just because of dont have a home team!  I didnt graduate from down here but have been living here for almost 30 years now and am a big fan of southeast texas football.  And i just like traveling to see the area's games and am inclined to my opinions as well as you are.

NOBODY on this list could be Brook... Get over mid county, they could not compete.  Lumberton is not on this level.  They would beat Dayton by at leats two touchdowns. WOS doesn't even belong on the field with the Brook.

Earlwick.. Give it a rest, Michaels is as good as advertised.  They have a three year starting QB.  The best overall player in the are (Garrett). One of the best if not the best coaching staffs.  The defense is still better than most in this area out side of Dayton.  And, the best WR core in the area.

NOBODY on this list could be Brook... Get over mid county, they could not compete.  Lumberton is not on this level.  They would beat Dayton by at leats two touchdowns. WOS doesn't even belong on the field with the Brook.

Earlwick.. Give it a rest, Michaels is as good as advertised.  They have a three year starting QB.  The best overall player in the are (Garrett). One of the best if not the best coaching staffs.  The defense is still better than most in this area out side of Dayton.  And, the best WR core in the area.

Okay, lets compare that to a mid-county school....PNG.

Three year starting qb.......check

UnderArmour All American running back.......check

Good coaching staff.......check

Good aggressive defense......check

Not saying PNG would win, because I dont believe that......and we will never find out anyways.....but the 30 point thing is ridiculous.

Png did what they had to do against Crosby.....think they kind found themselves and what they are going to be about in the second half this year..........they were not just hanging in there with Crosby the last two quarters.

Earlwick.. Give it a rest, Michaels is as good as advertised.  They have a three year starting QB.  The best overall player in the are (Garrett). One of the best if not the best coaching staffs.  The defense is still better than most in this area out side of Dayton.  And, the best WR core in the area.

I agree with that.  All i am saying is from what i saw the other night they are equal to a few other teams in this area.  And as far as Westfield it will probably be close only because of Michaels but I think they will slow him down enough to outscore them.  The other part of your statement well your entitled to your opinion.

WOS, PNG, Dayton would give you a fit (when they get into playing form), maybe Lumberton if they are as good as they were last year (havent seen them yet).  Plus, some recently, some historically, have much better defenses than the ones you have faced.  Sorry Soulja...at least the Central as of late.

We would do to WOS what Dayton did to them in the scrimmage only worse.  We would do to Dayton what Friendswood did to them the other night only worse.  As for PNG, they have beaten West Brook in their history and that not going to change.  Like I said no team on this list would come within 30 points of beating the Bruins.

Okay, lets compare that to a mid-county school....PNG.

Three year starting qb.......check

UnderArmour All American running back.......check

Good coaching staff.......check

Good aggressive defense......check

Not saying PNG would win, because I dont believe that......and we will never find out anyways.....but the 30 point thing is ridiculous.

Png did what they had to do against Crosby.....think they kind found themselves and what they are going to be about in the second half this year..........they were not just hanging in there with Crosby the last two quarters.

Dude PNG would get beat 70-0 by West Brook.  You must be drinking some of that purple stuff Big Moe sings about if you think you can compare Josh Wright to Christine Micheal.  That's like comparing a Bentley Phantom to a Honda Accord.  Plus I would take blows of Ozen and Central over squeaking by Barbers Hill and Crosby any day.

wos would def contend more than a 30 point spread ....

thats WAY too cocky

I have a lot of respect for WOS and their program's history.  But West Brook is way too strong this year.  The Mustangs would get run right off the field.  You might want to go and look at what the WOS fans were posting on this website after the Dayton/WOS scrimmage.  All were talking about Dayton being too good and a stronger team, well what do you think the Bruins would do the Pony Express then?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax