*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about a 584 foot freighter that was stuck out in the ocean earlier, but i assumed that they would be able to get the crew off.  i just heard that the ship has been drug out 100 miles to sea, and is basically in the middle of the hurricane.  rescue efforts have been halted because it's too dangerous for helicopters and coast guard boats to get close.  22 crewmen are apparently stuck on board.  keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

I heard about a 584 foot freighter that was stuck out in the ocean earlier, but i assumed that they would be able to get the crew off.   i just heard that the ship has been drug out 100 miles to sea, and is basically in the middle of the hurricane.  rescue efforts have been halted because it's too dangerous for helicopters and coast guard boats to get close.  22 crewmen are apparently stuck on board.  keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

:o

Galveston Fire Department reporting water rising 1 foot every 45 minutes.

**Guys, also...Not that we don't believe you, but post a link if you can about a report you are hearing. Everyone is on edge now. If you read it on another board or see it on a media website, paraphrase it and give us the link**

hey, how's P.A. and sabine pass?

We drove through Orange earlier and there is no major water in West Orange or Cove yet. The bayous are getting higher, but nothing flooded except for the Boat Club. >:(

The wind is picking up, but still nothing major. Maybe 10 mph steady with gusts up to 20, but no wind like what they are reporting over in Mississippi.

We are going to venture to BC in a bit and try to get some photos. We will post on the picture thread.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami