Waco La Vega Star Arrested

La Vega football standout arrested in robbery

By Cindy V. Culp | Thursday, August 28, 2008, 10:59 AM

A standout La Vega High School football player is in the McLennan County Jail today after allegedly pulling a gun on another teen to steal his hat and shoes.

Christopher Dontae Parr, 17, was arrested Wednesday on a charge of aggravated robbery, said Bellmead Police Chief Robert Harold. The incident happened about 10:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 5200 block of Concord Road, he said.

Investigators believe three or four juveniles were involved but they have not yet been identified, he said.

The victim, Lonnie Sawyer, 19, was walking in the street when the robbery happened, Harold said. Sawyer’s residence is nearby, he said.

Parr allegedly pulled up in a vehicle and then exited while holding a “large black handgun,†Bellmead police say. He proceeded to rob Sawyer of the clothing items at gunpoint, Harold said.

Asked if Sawyer knew Parr, Harold said he did because Parr is on the La Vega football team.

Parr, a junior, was to be the featured running back for the Pirates, picked by Texas Football magazine as the favorite this year to win the Class 3A, Division II title. Parr rushed for 1,762 yards and 18 touchdowns last year as a sophomore behind his brother Kourtney, who graduated.

Head coach Willie Williams said he could not comment on the case or whether Parr would be playing for the team Friday night when La Vega hosts Marlin in its season opener.

Parr is being held in lieu of $75,000 bond on the charge, a jail official said.

This is the hidden content, please

For a hat and some shoes.  Pitiful.    :'( :'( :'(      The school would have probably given him some new shoes.

Well that is the morals, or lack thereof, of a majority of the black youth (and more and more whites as well) today.  Don't work and save for anything...just steal it.  Don't try to make good grades in school, just get out of school and steal or deal drugs.

Go to a Marshall Middle School dance sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about with the lack of morals among the black youth (wearing pants that hang down to their knees, wearing shirts with marijuana on them, wearing belt buckles that say P-I-M-P, acting like they are humping one another on the dance floor, etc.).  Also, what's even more pathetic, the leaders of the school condone it by not stopping it.

Sorry, this is a sports forum...I'll get off of my soapbox.

For a hat and some shoes.  Pitiful.    :'( :'( :'(      The school would have probably given him some new shoes.

Well that is the morals, or lack thereof, of a majority of the black youth (and more and more whites as well) today.  Don't work and save for anything...just steal it.  Don't try to make good grades in school, just get out of school and steal or deal drugs.

Go to a Marshall Middle School dance sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about with the lack of morals among the black youth (wearing pants that hang down to their knees, wearing shirts with marijuana on them, wearing belt buckles that say P-I-M-P, acting like they are humping one another on the dance floor, etc.).  Also, what's even more pathetic, the leaders of the school condone it by not stopping it.

So you justed assumed that this young man is black. The article never said what color he is and does it matter. A crime is a crime. Why did you feel the need to make it a race thing?

So you justed assumed that this young man is black. The article never said what color he is and does it matter. A crime is a crime. Why did you feel the need to make it a race thing?

If you hit the link that Stevieray provided, there is a photo of him clear as day. Looks more ghetto than black to me. 

If you hit the link that Stevieray provided, there is a photo of him clear as day. Looks more ghetto than black to me. 

I stand corrected, did not see the link.

Somebody needs a haircut.

I stand corrected, did not see the link.

Somebody needs a haircut.

At least you kind of apologized. That's rare when someone is wrong on this site.

For a hat and some shoes.  Pitiful.    :'( :'( :'(      The school would have probably given him some new shoes.

Nothings wrong with that  :D

I might have been able to accept this post if you would have just said that MORE AND MORE YOUTH OR PARENTS OF YOUTHS THESE DAYS ARE LETTING THESE KIDS (NO MATTER THE COLOR) GO TO POT, but I for one find this a little stereotypical.  I know lots of BLACK youth who do go to school and make the right choices and find success in society...not dealing or doing drugs.

I would say that YOU are as much a problem as the leaders of this school where these things happened if YOU KNOW FOR A FACT (which leaves me to assume that you might have witnessed this firsthand) THEY HAPPENED AND THAT NOONE ONE STOPPED IT!  My question to you would be...WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP IT?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83