Crush(Cole)

A rather direct complaint on eteamz about one of the games.  Seems out of character for this area to broadcast alleged dirty laundry... at least from what I've seen.

Congrats to the girls of Crush (Cole) on a great weekend!

I wasn't aware of the "controversy" during the tournament, but I just went to eteamz and saw what was posted.  I really don't see what all of the fuss is over by the disqualified team...follow the rules and you don't have to worry about it. 

I guess the real question should be how did they explain to their kids that they broke the rules and got caught.I know all the coaches on Robs team and none of them will back down from a challenge but why would you play a game in 90 plus temps if you did not have to.you are there to win not just to play sounds like this guy is a coward that wants to hide behind a board come on dude bring your real team if you aren't scared.Don't try to stack your team then cry when you get caught.Great job Crush Cole keep winning and there will be more of this stuff to deal with.

Guest stircrazy

The coach in question has been in softball for a VERY long time and knew the rules. He also had a disagreement with me about a dropped 3rd strike ruling because he and his assistants did not know how the rule were written. I know he knows the rule but seemed to act as though he didn't. His explaination on the extra girls was that he was not going to use them unless he needed them. When he turned in his lineup and they were listed then he BROKE the rules. What is a real shame is the girls he has are very good. He shouldn't need to pull this kind of stuff.

The coach in question has been in softball for a VERY long time and knew the rules. He also had a disagreement with me about a dropped 3rd strike ruling because he and his assistants did not know how the rule were written. I know he knows the rule but seemed to act as though he didn't. His explaination on the extra girls was that he was not going to use them unless he needed them. When he turned in his lineup and they were listed then he BROKE the rules. What is a real shame is the girls he has are very good. He shouldn't need to pull this kind of stuff.

Maybe he talked with MC Elite coach.  ;D

He also had a disagreement with me about a dropped 3rd strike ruling because he and his assistants did not know how the rule were written. 

Not to derail the thread, but I was watching some of that game at the time of the question.  As I heard it, the argument was that a dropped third strike does not "begin" until the ball reaches the catcher- ie, that if the catcher cleanly receives a pitch that hit the ground prior to reaching the catcher (as in, catching a one-hop delivery) then it is NOT considered a dropped third strike.  I guess their contention was that only the catcher can create a dropped third strike.

Commentary from the blues?

UPDATE:  Nevermind, decided to look for myself and found this on the ASA website...

We have received several questions in regards to our dropped third strike rule. Please remember that our wording for Rule 8 Section 1B is “When the catcher fails to catch the third strike before the ball touches the ground and there are 1) Fewer than two outs and first base is not occupied at the time of the pitch or 2) any time there is less than two outs.†The confusion comes from the wording of a dropped third strike. Remember it is actually a pitched ball that was not caught prior to touching the ground and is not touched by the bat.

Play 1: With one out B2 is at bat and has two strikes with 1B unoccupied. The next pitch hits in front of the plate and B2 swings at the ball, misses it and is caught by F2.

Ruling: This is a non-caught third strike and B2 is not out until tagged, F2 throws the ball to 1B before B2 arrives or B2 walks into the dugout without proceeding to 1B. (Rule 8 Section 1B)

Play 2: With R1 on 1B and two outs, B2 is at bat with two strikes. F1 throws a pitch that bounces in front of the plate and is swung at by B2. B2’s bat tips the ball sharply and directly to the F2’s glove and is caught by F2.

Ruling: B2 is out by means of a foul tip being caught for the third strike. Rule 1 Foul Tip. Since the ball was hit by the bat the ball can now be caught as a 3rd strike foul tip, a fair batted ball, or even a caught foul ball.

Maybe he talked with MC Elite coach.   ;D

;D ;D That is the first thing I thought of too. 

Maybe this should be a topic for a new post, but I'll ask it here anyway...Are there different levels of cheating or is breaking the rules breaking the rules?

Maybe this should be a topic for a new post, but I'll ask it here anyway...Are there different levels of cheating or is breaking the rules breaking the rules?

I could start it........I have not been caught in a while! 

Which MC Elite team are ya'll talking about? From Willis or Magnolia?

There are are 2 kinds, getting caught and not getting caught. But back to the subject at hand when i heard who the coach was i was not surprised he has been up to those games for awhile

I could start it........I have not been caught in a while! 

LOL

Which MC Elite team are ya'll talking about? From Willis or Magnolia?

MC Elite team with the coach that has initials of GS

Reference to the in the eteamz message board.  Cheating is cheating no matter how its put.  An apology is needed to the teams that were knocked out by the GCB’s for using kids that were playing in the 18U division in the same tournament.  The Crush coaches do not have to explain anything to their girls for what was going on.  It should be the other way around with the GCB’s explaining to their girls about cheating.  It appears that they broke the rules and are blaming the Crush coaches.  What kind of example are the parents and coaches setting for the youth.  The weather was extremely hot, (90+) and the kids did not want to play another game that was meaningless to them.     

Reference to the in the eteamz message board.  Cheating is cheating no matter how its put.  An apology is needed to the teams that were knocked out by the GCB’s for using kids that were playing in the 18U division in the same tournament.  The Crush coaches do not have to explain anything to their girls for what was going on.  It should be the other way around with the GCB’s explaining to their girls about cheating.  It appears that they broke the rules and are blaming the Crush coaches.  What kind of example are the parents and coaches setting for the youth.  The weather was extremely hot, (90+) and the kids did not want to play another game that was meaningless to them.       

Well put.  Teams that were beaten by a beefed up GCB definiately deserved better.  This weekend was extremely

humid and HOT.  No team wanted to play extra games.

Guest BreakerCoach

Well put.  Teams that were beaten by a beefed up GCB definiately deserved better.  This weekend was extremely

Maybe a little more put on this than what it was. No one was beat by this team with the two older (14U) girls playing. The two girls played the last inning of the last game which they lost 17-1. They were listed on the lineup against Crush, as subs. I dont think "cheating" was ever the intent, if so these kids should have been playing and would have been starters.

Well put.  Teams that were beaten by a beefed up GCB definitely deserved better.  This weekend was extremely

Maybe a little more put on this than what it was. No one was beat by this team with the two older (14U) girls playing. The two girls played the last inning of the last game which they lost 17-1. They were listed on the lineup against Crush, as subs. I don't think "cheating" was ever the intent, if so these kids should have been playing and would have been starters.

This was really a no-win situation.  If you beat them you should have if you lose them  "What happened?"!  The coach knows the rules and knows the consciousness.  You should not use the word CHEAT!  They just should not have tried to hide what happened.  That should have come out at the umpire conference.  Let the other coach know.  They may have played under protest!

Breaker Coach, no disrespect intended to you, but you were not at the complex and did not see the unacceptable behavior from SOME of the GCB parents, coaches , and players.  To be honest, this delimma(sp) should never have even been a PROBLEM, had the rules been followed.  I agree with 830 from earlier that all this does is teach " our kids" that its ok to lie and cheat and that if you get caught, then its acceptable to make excuses and try to demean someone else to make your behavior look upstanding. The caliber of this team is evident by their post on eteamz. Obviously, this was a comment by just a few, but now the whole team is labeled. I agree with the choice by the Crush coaches not to play an unnecessary game in the heat, especially right before the championship game. The girls had already played at least 4 games back to back maybe 5, so why would any coach in his right mind play another game that had no bearing on the standings???  I don't think this subject would have been "blown so out of proportion" had the afore mentioned person not chosen to air their grievances on eteamz and labeling the crush team as being scared!  Because, I for one, will tell you that 14U Crush is one scrappy group of girls that has proven over and over that they will face each challenge head on and give it their ALL.

Guest osue200

The funny thing is nothing was said about the OCG pick up players playing with the 14U GCB in the 18U division.  I agree with BC I don't think they were cheating or trying to cheat anyone.  The 2 kids in question played the last inning of a game losing 17 to 1 is hardly cheating.  On the flip side whoever posted the comment on eteamz about being scared is an idiot and should get their fair share of bashing.

I also think that there is a little rivalry here.  I'm sure they have already traded wins and loses.

The funny thing is nothing was said about the OCG pick up players playing with the 14U GCB in the 18U division.  I agree with BC I don't think they were cheating or trying to cheat anyone.   The 2 kids in question played the last inning of a game losing 17 to 1 is hardly cheating.  On the flip side whoever posted the comment on eteamz about being scared is an idiot and should get their fair share of bashing.

I also think that there is a little rivalry here.  I'm sure they have already traded wins and loses.

An OCG Player or a OC player?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics