The best you've ever seen...

Guest Kelly Football

Guest Kelly Football

52 days until kick off.

Give us your personal gold standards (that you've seen in person or on film). Go ahead and list more than one if you can't separate.

Best Team

Best Game

Best Player

52 days until kick off.

Give us your personal gold standards (that you've seen in person or on film). Go ahead and list more than one if you can't separate.

Best Team

Best Game

Best Player

Team- Jasper (2004)

Game- Bridge City vs Sweeny (2001 playoffs)

Player- Beasley (WO-S)

52 days until kick off.

Best Team

Best Game

Best Player

Best team: in person, 1983 Dangerfield, on film, 1976 Beaumont Hebert

Best game: in person, 1992 Silsbee vs. Nederland, on film, Plano vs Tyler John Tyler.

Best player: in person Michael Bishop, playoff game against LCM, never left the field. He played qb, safety, was the punter and kicker and returned kickoffs and punts, he simply beat LCM by himself. On film, Eric Dickerson.

Best Team: 1. 2001 Baytown Lee staring Drew Tate; 2. 2003 Central Jaguars staring the now Cincinati Bengal Anthony Collins;3. 1999 PN-G Indians staring Dustin Long

Best Game: 1. 2004 Ozen vs. West Brook.  This game was back and forth and went to 2 overtimes a thriller!; 2. 2003 Central vs. Pflugerville Connaly.  This could arguably be the best playoff game in Jaguar history; 3. 2003 PN-G vs. Ozen.  Many fans refer to this as 'The Game'.

Best Player: 1.Memorial Jamaal Charles; 2. West Brook Chip Ambres; 3. WO-S Kenneth Beasley; 4. Central Brandon Williams; 5. Ozen Rayburn Morris

(Keep in mind these are the games I have actually witnessed)

Best Team - 1993 Sealy

Best Game - Bellville vs Marlin 2003 Regional Final - game went double OT

Best Player - Vince Young - Saw him twice in the dome his senior year.  He was a man among boys.  Michael Bishop is a close second.  Thanks for reminding me of him AAW.  He did beat LCM that year by himself.

Best Team- 1982 WB Bruins ( I was in Elementary), WOS in 80's

Best Game- 1991 WB vs Central  WB defense held Central and Leeland Mcelroy inside WB five yard line on four downs to win the game. (I played in that one)

Best Player- Several James Brown WB, Leeland Mcelroy Central, Corey Pulig Deer Park, Gerald Moore Yates, alot of others during that time period that I saw first hand that were exceptional athletes.

Guest Buford T. Justice

Best Team-1987 4A State Champions WO-S

Best Game-1987 State Championship with a 17-7 win over Rockwall

Best Player-Been alot. But if just one Brian Cleveland.

52 days until kick off.

Best Team

Best Game

Best Player

Best team: in person, 1983 Dangerfield, on film, 1976 Beaumont Hebert

Best game: in person, 1992 Silsbee vs. Nederland, on film, Plano vs Tyler John Tyler.

Best player: in person Michael Bishop, playoff game against LCM, never left the field. He played qb, safety, was the punter and kicker and returned kickoffs and punts, he simply beat LCM by himself. On film, Eric Dickerson.

I agree with you AggiesAreWe, my cousin played linebacker for LCM, so i watched a lot of their games that year, including the playoff game against Willis.  LCM's defense was really good that year, they had even shut out WOS that year.  But they could not stop Bishop, he was all over the place.  Just when it seemed they would have him sacked or stopped for a loss he would get loose every time and gain some yards.  He was just unstoppable.  I thought after watching that game that Willis could beat any team in the playoffs because of Bishop.

In person :

Best game    2001 5A playoffs   Houston Madison 61  GP Northshore 58...unbelievable game until the very end.

Best team    2003 GP Northshore 5A D1 State Champions

Best player   Vince Young or Jamaal Charles

I was at that game as well Vince Young was Awesome!!!

Best Team : On film Midland lee (Forgot the year) During the Benson years! in person LaMarque Pick a year :)

Best Player: Vince Young, Cedric Benson, Jamall Charles, Drew Tate, Eli Roberson III, Deon Beasly &Sam McGuffie

Best Team - Lufkin 2001 I believe (Reggies senior year)

Best Game - LaMarque and C.E. King I Think it was 97 Great game won by LaMarque 7-0

Best Player - Michael Mosely Humble 76-77

I would put Chip Ambres and Adam Dunn close behind him.

I watched Todd Dodge play in the dome in 80-81 They threw it all over the field.

These are all players, Games, and teams I actually saw.

Best Team: 1. 2001 Baytown Lee staring Drew Tate; 2. 2003 Central Jaguars staring the now Cincinati Bengal Anthony Collins;3. 1999 PN-G Indians staring Dustin Long

Best Game: 1. 2004 Ozen vs. West Brook.   This game was back and forth and went to 2 overtimes a thriller!; 2. 2003 Central vs. Pflugerville Connaly.  This could arguably be the best playoff game in Jaguar history; 3. 2003 PN-G vs. Ozen.  Many fans refer to this as 'The Game'.

Best Player: 1.Memorial Jamaal Charles; 2. West Brook Chip Ambres; 3. WO-S Kenneth Beasley; 4. Central Brandon Williams; 5. Ozen Rayburn Morris

I'm with ya on those.

Best Game: 1. 2004 Ozen vs. West Brook.   This game was back and forth and went to 2 overtimes a thriller!; 2. 2003 Central vs. Pflugerville Connaly.  This could arguably be the best playoff game in Jaguar history; 3. 2003 PN-G vs. Ozen.  Many fans refer to this as 'The Game'.

I think I've got to agree with you on this one, Soulja. Everything you listed was great stuff. I dont think I could have come up with anything better! ;) KUDOS!

• 1 month later...

Best Team:    PNG's 1975 No real blow-outs, just good, sound defense, and solid offense that was  not to be denied.

Best Game:    PNG vs. WOS  1999  WOS wins by 1 pt.  VERY exciting

Best Player:  Dustin Long.  I still can't believe some of the plays he made in H.S.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami