Top Linebackers...SETXsports Position Rankings

You know whats funny? Coop you can probably back me up on this one. WOS has always been a monster linebacker producing school. The past few years, we havent had any. As a mater of fact, I think '00s Gayron Allen was the last. The 3A is starting to show. Just my opinion. Its seems like we are getting smaller and smaller. I played with two of the monsters(Roy Locks and Charles Sias).

Guest GoStangs

You know whats funny? Coop you can probably back me up on this one. WOS has always been a monster linebacker producing school. The past few years' date=' we havent had any. As a mater of fact, I think '00s Gayron Allen was the last. The 3A is starting to show. Just my opinion. Its seems like we are getting smaller and smaller. I played with two of the monsters(Roy Locks and Charles Sias).[/quote']

I don't think it's so much of a lack of talent, but a sign of Coach Thompson's absence from the program for a few years and a statement of the quality of coaches we had replace him. Look at it this way, WOS has had its fair share of students get scholarships in the past few years, but mostly at positions where they've had solid coaching (Toby at WR coach, for example). The off-season program is just now getting back to where it was, and we're seeing bigger, faster, and stronger linemen -- something we haven't had in a number of years. If they can do their job, the LBs will be better able to do thier jobs. I really think this year, you'll see WOS LBs have a strong season, and it's only going to get better.

Guest Penny

Johnson will be used in several different ways this year. He will stand up and run to the ball at the bandit position and play his pass rushing DE position as well. He has legit D1 ability and is already being recruited pretty heavily.

Guest GoStangs

I saw him (Johnson) last year when NED played WOS and thought he was probably the best defensive player on the Bulldog team. He certainly has a lot of potential, and if he's improved any from last year, he's going to be one of the best in the area, regardless of position.

Guest Penny

I saw him the other day, he's probably put on about 10 pounds. Thing about Johnson is he's extremely long with his wing span, makes him near impossible to block.

actually penny he's put on way more then 10lbs..last yr he was listed as 185lbs..on rivals and scout.com he's now 220..if im doin the math correct, thats 35lbs..and with 4.6 speed and natural skills...opposing teams better look for a way to control this guy

Paul Trammell is going to be a junior. He tore his acl in the first district game last year against West Hardin. He should have a great couple of years ahead of him.

Trammell was credited with 45 tackles in 2005 as a Sophomore. Those 45 tackles were accrued in less than 3 games.

actually penny he's put on way more then 10lbs..last yr he was listed as 185lbs..on rivals and scout.com he's now 220..if im doin the math correct' date=' thats 35lbs..and with 4.6 speed and natural skills...opposing teams better look for a way to control this guy[/quote']

Looking good out there fella's :D

245asus.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder