Celtics vs Lakers Predictions?

Guest tigersvoice

Celtics in 6. Rondo will do a decent job of handling Kobe.

Hold on there, my young whipper-snapper friend!  In your heart of hearts do you really believe that Rondo can control the league's MVP?  Finally, this has evolved to be Kobe's team.  That scares me.  I, too, am for "Perkins" Celtics.  But Kobe is going to get "His" - we've got to find the way to beat them with that going on.

Celtics in 6. Rondo will do a decent job of handling Kobe.

Hold on there, my young whipper-snapper friend!  In your heart of hearts do you really believe that Rondo can control the league's MVP?  Finally, this has evolved to be Kobe's team.  That scares me.  I, too, am for "Perkins" Celtics.  But Kobe is going to get "His" - we've got to find the way to beat them with that going on.

There's no way Rondo will hold Kobe down alone but he'll slow him down for sure. I think Rondo has been the best defender in the playoffs.

As Dan Patrick says " you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him. "

It's not a question of Rondo stopping him or shutting him down. Kobe is going to get him points. You just have to throw Rondo in front of him and HOPE to slow him down some. It's up to the rest of the team to shut down the rest of the Lakers and still make sure that they get THEIR points.

Ok lets look at match-ups

Perkins - Gasol  Perkins is athletic enough to give Gasol some problems but can he constantly put pressure on Gasol on the Offensive end... I say NO - Gasol wins this one

Kevin Garnett - Lamar Odom  This could be an intiguing matchup...  But players are athletic and skilled but Odm is inconsistant..  He could bother KG on D but no cake! I say KG wins this one.

Radmanovic - Peirce - OK need I say more... Peirce wins this Battle!

Kobe - Alllen -  Allen was once one of the leagues best defenders but Rip made him look like Cassell (lol)!  Kobe is one of the best perimeter defenders and can put up 40 any night...  The WORLD says Kobe wins this one.

Fisher - Rondo  I think Rhondo will be the better Pro but in this series will go to Fisher is the man.. Defensively Fisher will wear him down and Fisher has the mental edge because he has been there... We call it veteran Moxy!!!! I say Fisher!

Bench

Famer, Luke, Sasha Vujacic, Turiaf - Posey, Powe, Cassell, Brown...  Lets call it young and entergetic against old and rundown!!! The Lakers here too!

Looks like the Lakers have the edge in this one... And the defference is that Kobe can WILL this team to a victory by himself!  Lakers in 6!

Perkins - Gasol  Perkins is athletic enough to give Gasol some problems but can he constantly put pressure on Gasol on the Offensive end... I say NO - Gasol wins this one

Kevin Garnett - Lamar Odom  This could be an intiguing matchup...  But players are athletic and skilled but Odm is inconsistant..  He could bother KG on D but no cake! I say KG wins this one.

Kobe - Alllen -  Allen was once one of the leagues best defenders but Rip made him look like Cassell (lol)!  Kobe is one of the best perimeter defenders and can put up 40 any night...  The WORLD says Kobe wins this one.

Fisher - Rondo  I think Rhondo will be the better Pro but in this series will go to Fisher is the man.. Defensively Fisher will wear him down and Fisher has the mental edge because he has been there... We call it veteran Moxy!!!! I say Fisher!

Bench

Famer, Luke, Sasha Vujacic, Turiaf - Posey, Powe, Cassell, Brown...  Lets call it young and entergetic against old and rundown!!! The Lakers here too!

Looks like the Lakers have the edge in this one... And the defference is that Kobe can WILL this team to a victory by himself!  Lakers in 6!

Thanks Short

Perkins - Gasol  Perkins is athletic enough to give Gasol some problems but can he constantly put pressure on Gasol on the Offensive end... I say NO - Gasol wins this one

Kevin Garnett - Lamar Odom  This could be an intiguing matchup...  But players are athletic and skilled but Odm is inconsistant..  He could bother KG on D but no cake! I say KG wins this one.

Kobe - Alllen -  Allen was once one of the leagues best defenders but Rip made him look like Cassell (lol)!  Kobe is one of the best perimeter defenders and can put up 40 any night...  The WORLD says Kobe wins this one.

Fisher - Rondo  I think Rhondo will be the better Pro but in this series will go to Fisher is the man.. Defensively Fisher will wear him down and Fisher has the mental edge because he has been there... We call it veteran Moxy!!!! I say Fisher!

Bench

Looks like the Lakers have the edge in this one... And the defference is that Kobe can WILL this team to a victory by himself!  Lakers in 6!

Thanks Short

I think Rondo and Allen will do quite a bit of double teaming Kobe...I think Rondo will have Fisher shut completely down if he defends him 1 on 1.

Bench

Thanks Short

Yea, that was some good stuff.  You should have put more inphasis on the BIG MAN battle! ;D ;D

The GUARDS will lead this battle!

Bench

Thanks Short

Yea, that was some good stuff.  You should have put more inphasis on the BIG MAN battle! ;D ;D

You can't shutdown what is not there... Fisher is not an offensive player... Non of his points come off of him making his own shot.  And because his ofensive threat is minimal Rhondo will play help defense on Kobe and Gasol and Fisher will score his 10  - 14 points that will help the Lakers win!

You can't shutdown what is not there... Fisher is not an offensive player... Non of his points come off of him making his own shot.  And because his ofensive threat is minimal Rhondo will play help defense on Kobe and Gasol and Fisher will score his 10  - 14 points that will help the Lakers win!

You definately know your stuff big guy...gotta remember not to disagree with you I end up looking like a dunce when I do.

You definately know your stuff big guy...gotta remember not to disagree with you I end up looking like a dunce when I do.

I am flatered.. I feel like a Great Debator!  Like you I do believe the Celtics have a good chance but that Kobe Xfator is a trump card!

I do beleive one-on-one Rhondo would giv it to Fisher!

I am flatered.. I feel like a Great Debator!  Like you I do believe the Celtics have a good chance but that Kobe Xfator is a trump card!

I do beleive one-on-one Rhondo would giv it to Fisher!

::) ::) ;D ;D . 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics