**Lamar To Announce New Football Coach Monday**

Stump would be better in getting community support. I have nothing against Woodard. I would support

him being assistant then taking over in year 3. I didn't like any of the 11 names on the list, however

I think there were better choices on that list. I want to support Woodard, I want to get pumped, I want

to get in Terror's head and stomp, I waited for this day since 1989, but I am scared for Lamar.

The community will not rally around Woodard. There will be endless questions about is qualifications

and charges of Lamar doing the program any kind of way. Once we get pass the Who is Woodard, then the Why

Woodard?     If Woodard doesn't accomplish anything short of super amazing, Lamar football will flop.

No FBS, No huge crowds, No real revenue for Lamar. I loved the Gilbert hire, I loved the Tidwell hire,

I loved the Roc hire, I am scared for Lamar on this hire...

I want to get in Terror's head and stomp, I waited for this day since 1989, but I am scared for Lamar.

Sorry...

You guys may prove me wrong down the stretch. Year one, you guys will go 7-4 at worse going against sub-Div I schools. All the wins (better) come against the sub-Div I schools. Year two will be rough with a mostly Div I slate and then year three, your in the SLC. That's eight weeks of battles...UCA, NWST, Nich, SLU, SHSU, SFA, San Marcos and McNeese...

Guest abovetherim

Sorry, I'm not worried. Look at the UCF Head Coach and the success of their program. I bet there aren't three people on this forum who can name him without looking it up.

I say let's strap it up and get started! I can't wait.

Sorry, I'm not worried. Look at the UCF Head Coach and the success of their program. I bet there aren't three people on this forum who can name him without looking it up.

Not the best example...their coach is a known liar when it comes to their resume!

Did you mean USF?

Guest abovetherim

Yep, that is the school I meant. Thank you for the clarification of my error. I still doubt anyone besides you and one or two others can name the Head Coach at USF.

Yep, that is the school I meant. Thank you for the clarification of my error. I still doubt anyone besides you and one or two others can name the Head Coach at USF.

USF coach actually was born in Harlingen...they played at least two FCS schools from 1997 til 2003. Barely escaped Nicholls State in 2003. That program moved very quickly from I-AA Independent to I-A Independent to C-USA to Big East.

They had the rest of their sports in the Sun Belt from the forming of the league until 1991. Went to the Metro, which became the C-USA. From there to the Big East.

Guest abovetherim

Yes, before you reply I know the coach at USF had a lot more college experience. I really believe if it was meant for Lamar to have a big name head coach it would have happened. Everything works out for a reason. Example, I didn't not want Lamar to hire Larry Tidwell. I wanted someone else but brother has Coach Tidwell proved me wrong.

After considering this for a bit I guess the best way to think about it rather than having an old name past their prime, LU will have a hungry coach trying to make a name for the program and himself.  At least I hope he is hungry.

I think Woodard is a great choice for Lamar and someone that WANTS to come here. The other big names, are just that. They likely could care less if the program was successful. Comparing to USF is not a good comparison. You're talking about comparing apples to oranges. St. Petersburg, FL (Tampa) vs. Beaumont, an enrollment of 45,224 students compared to LU at barely over 10,000 now. Leavitts has done a great job there, but it's because he loves the school, he loves what he built and he is from St. Pete. I think that someone like Woodard with ties, builds the program, and loves the area can have the same success.

Maybe this could be like comparing apples to apples?

This is the hidden content, please

Troy had a very successful FCS program (they tormented the SLC during their brief stay in what was then the SFL) and made a nice enough transition to FBS. I think we'll see a similar progression from Western Kentucky, who even won a Div I national title in 2003 before getting crushed by SHSU in the playoffs in 2004.

Troy was no start-up...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder