Coach Woodard Info

Guest Ozen

Guest tigersvoice

So UNLV, which big-name coach did Billy Tubbs refuse to hire so he could get Woodard?  And whose millions of dollars did Tubbs refuse to accept because he wanted to keep Cardinal Stadium small?  You still haven't answered those questions. 

For Lamar to be making a mistake, they would have had those options, but I've seen no proof of that and you haven't offered any.  Maybe you're right that without a big-name coach or big stadium football will fail, but you've go to show us proof that Tubbs decided against doing that. 

Grow-up....

Figured you didn't know the answers...  ::)

Grow up?  That's lame, unlv.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So UNLV, which big-name coach did Billy Tubbs refuse to hire so he could get Woodard?  And whose millions of dollars did Tubbs refuse to accept because he wanted to keep Cardinal Stadium small?  You still haven't answered those questions. 

For Lamar to be making a mistake, they would have had those options, but I've seen no proof of that and you haven't offered any.  Maybe you're right that without a big-name coach or big stadium football will fail, but you've go to show us proof that Tubbs decided against doing that. 

Grow-up....

How about showing me and this forum where I said Tubbs refused to hire a big name. No typing is needed, just copy and paste. Show us...

How are we suppossed to support hockey in Beaumont?  It doesn't snow here, let alone ice over.  Its not offered in the schools around here.  It doesnt really excite people from around here cause its not even suppossed to be here. :)

Ive seen the Drillers play this year, first game 95-8. ???

But Lamar football! ;D  Welcome to Beaumont and the Golden Triagle Coach Woodard.  I'm ready to purchase my season tickets. 

UNLV, I dont know you, but I hope our tickets are right next to each other. ;D

Give it a chance man.  He hasn't even signed his first kid, designed the uniforms or helmets, made the schedule.  Give it a chance!

I said it over and over, its not about his skills. He could be super coach with cape and big "C" on his chest. The reason

Lamar football failed before is lack of community support. I supported Lamar football in  the 80's. I was out there. Those who are attacking

me were not.

Guest coachacola

Grow-up....

How about showing me and this forum where I said Tubbs refused to hire a big name. No typing is needed, just copy and paste. Show us...

You keep saying that Lamar needs a fancy stadium and big name to keep the fans in SETX interested.  That's true and would help a lot, but unless Tubbs has that option it really doesn't matter.  I think the stadium renovations will get people interested, and winning will get people in the stands for a while.  I also agree that long term Lamar needs to go FBS and play bigger name schools or interest will plateau and we'll be like the rest of the SLC with attendance topping at 12 to 15K per game.

Grow-up....

You keep saying that Lamar needs a fancy stadium and big name to keep the fans in SETX interested.  That's true and would help a lot, but unless Tubbs has that option it really doesn't matter.  I think the stadium renovations will get people interested, and winning will get people in the stands for a while.  I also agree that long term Lamar needs to go FBS and play bigger name schools or interest will plateau and we'll be like the rest of the SLC with attendance topping at 12 to 15K per game.

That is my opinion on  how "I" think the program should be started. That is a long way from saying Tubbs turned down a big name.

I have my opinion, you have yours, Tubbs has his, Tubbs opinion is what counts but I still can disagree with him. He make mistakes too...Dillon.

UNLV, what you have been talking about has nothing to do with opinions. You stating that Lamar football will fail unless they hire a big name coach and build a big time stadium actually could be correct, but we will have to wait and see. Are you suggesting that Lamar not start up football at all because they cannot get a big name coach and a big time stadium? That would be like me giving up a great job because I couldn't afford the Mercedes to get me back and forth to work when the Toyota would have done the job.

Attention UNLV, you buy what you can afford to buy, it's called managing your money wisely. You must be one of those that is neck deep in credit card debt and is expecting someone to pull you out.

I just don't get why you can't understand simple math. Lamar has $5 to spend, not $500. Get it?

BTW, have you made your donation? I have.

UNLV, what you have been talking about has nothing to do with opinions. You stating that Lamar football will fail unless they hire a big name coach and build a big time stadium actually could be correct, but we will have to wait and see. Are you suggesting that Lamar not start up football at all because they cannot get a big name coach and a big time stadium? That would be like me giving up a great job because I couldn't afford the Mercedes to get me back and forth to work when the Toyota would have done the job.

Attention UNLV, you buy what you can afford to buy, it's called managing your money wisely. You must be one of those that is neck deep in credit card debt and is expecting someone to pull you out.

I just don't get why you can't understand simple math. Lamar has $5 to spend, not $500. Get it?

It is still my opinion. Did they not teach you anything in College Station.

My credit rating is 735...

Lamar spend $5, Lamar gets $5 football.

My donation is years of support when my critics have not...

sorry unlv, but that is not going to pay for a new coach and a larger stadium.

haha ;D ;D

What will pay for fewer than 10,000 fans at the games?  maybe worse, 6,000.

This scenario can happen if the community is not supporting the sport.

Guest tigersvoice

What will pay for fewer than 10,000 fans at the games?   maybe worse, 6,000.

unlv, you have lost contact with all reality.  What does your credit rating have to to with anything "Lamar?"

What will pay for fewer than 10,000 fans at the games?   maybe worse, 6,000.

unlv, you have lost contact with all reality.  What does your credit rating have to to with anything "Lamar?"

He asked... Is this the low IQ section of the forum?

Whether you agree with the decision or not, it is time to put that behind you and start supporting the program...lack of support is why this thing failed the last time...i personally cannot wait for the ball to get rolling and wish Coach Woodard or whoever gets the job the best of luck...can't wait to see some LU football

Guest abovetherim

Agree, today is a time for all alumni, students, administrators, fans and supporters of Lamar University to unite behind the program and support whoever the committee selects.

Let's go Big Red, let's go!!!!

Agree, today is a time for all alumni, students, administrators, fans and supporters of Lamar University to unite behind the program and support whoever the committee selects.

Let's go Big Red, let's go!!!!

If its Woodard, we're getting a good coach. Hes not a "name brand" guy to many but the guy has a lot of experience and should do a fine job given enough time.

Guest coachacola

You have to applaud Billy Tubbs for not taking the easy path and hiring someone we're all "comfortable" with.  His credibility as the AD is on the line so he must have heard a lot of great things about Woodard to go with him to start the football program.

Guest abovetherim

I heard this West Brook grad will be coming with Coach Woodard. Great to land a local guy to assist with recruiting.

Will Richard - Offensive Line

Coach Richard graduated high school from Beaumont West Brook in 1992, a standout football and baseball player. After serving in the Marines from 1992-1996, he worked in private business for two years. He graduated from Trinity Valley College in 2000, where he was a student coach for RBs. After graduating from Tarleton State University in 2003 where he was a student coach for safeties, he coached the offensive line and received his Master’s Degree from the University of Central Oklahoma in 2005. From 2005-2006, he was the Offensive Line Coach at Blinn College. During the 2006 football season, he was the Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach for Varsity and Junior Varsity Head Coach at South Lenoir High School in Deep Run, NC. In December of 2006, Coach Richard joined the Navarro College team to coach the offensive line.

http://www.navarrocollege.edu/athletics/football/coaches.php

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder