Lamar football resurgence to hit full stride - soon

UNLV

Stop clicking the mouse, quiet down the kids and turn off the radio.

Can you hear it? The clock. It's ticking.

According to its self-imposed timetable, Lamar University is nine months away from signing its first round of football recruits in more than a generation.

This is the hidden content, please

Guest abovetherim

I personally don't like some of the things Coach Fran has done in the past and if he is only committed 3-4 years to the program I say pass on him. His son or Coach Stump would make a better fit at LU.

Now, if he stated he would stay 5-6 years, then a "verbal commitment" for his son to take over would be fine with me.

All that said, after reading more and more about Coach Stump, I think he is a great coach who might stay for the long haul. I just have a gut feeling neither Coach Fran nor his son would be as committed to building the program as Coach Stump.

I'll be excited about whoever the search committee decides on. Just please get this hire right!!!!

I'm with you, atr.  coach Fran has too much bagage, too much negativity.

THE ONE THING LAMAR UNIVERSITY DOES NOT NEED IS MORE NEGATIVY!!!

We need someone that will be positive for the university, an easy sell, for recruitment, investment and for a renewed excitment of having a football team to be proud of. 

By the way atr, nice to see you back.  The forum seemed to have lost it's rythum and missed your input while you were gone.

Hope things are blessed with you.  No need to reply on personal note.

"Lamar University is nine months away from signing its first round of football recruits in more than a generation."

Ouch ...  I'm not one to worry about my age or growing older ... but that stung a little when I read it.  Time slips away before you know it. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder