The Game you most remember playing in?

I have two, First I played SS and hit the South Park Tight End coming across the middle, we hit so hard I walked to the South Park side line and stood there, my coaches had to come get me..lots of fun. Second playing lincoln I knock a pass down for two points and we won the game 7-6.

Our(WB) first play off game last year against Madison. I kicked the point that made it a two possesion game with 4 minutes left. It was big because they had to try and drive the length of the field for a quick score and their whole offense revolved around the option.. 8)

Mine was a cold October night at Kirby Stadium in Silsbee, back in 1981. The Tigers vs Hebert. It had been raining for the past 3 days. The field was in pretty bad shape from JV games the night before, and there was still a slight drissel coming down at game time. I remember the fight song blaring out a demand for victory. That rainbow effect the stadium lights give off on a cold rainy night, and the electricity that filled the air. With smoke streaming from both nostriles from the cold. Already drenched with a mixture of sweat and rain, we ran out on the field, both teams ready for what was to be a battle to the end.

I was a 15 yr. old, soph., playing middle linbacker (Hank as we called it) for one of the toughest defenses in the district. As I looked the Hebert offense over for the first time face to face. The first thing I noticed were the beards. I was on the field with grown men. No way these guys could still be in highschool, but here they where. Then the ball was snapped, and the fight was on. It was a trench war, and the enemy was the dirtiest playing team I had ever been on a field with. Holding, tackeling, gouging, scratching, you name it, they did it, but still I was having a great night, giving as good as I got and more.

It was about the middle of the 4th when something happened that I will never forget. The ball was snapped, it was a dive play, I had the read down perfect, filled the gap and went head up with the runner. With the sound of Riddelle cracking, that I later heard one fan say he thought at the time was thunder, the runner and I went one way, and the ball went the other. As I got back to my feet I saw the Pigskin squirting from one set of muddy hands to the other. It hit the ground, then was kicked back up into the air. Squirted from the hand of one player and then another. There was grass, mud, water, and leather flying all at the same time, and it seemed at the time to be happening all in slow motion. Then the ball landed right in my hands, and everything sped up again.

I turned to run, made one or two cuts in the sloppy, muddy field and then was hit all at the same time by what seemed to be the whole Hebert squad. I found myself somewhere in the middle of one hell of a pile. Fighting to keep possesion of the ball. Being scratched and clawed. Having a set of fingers pushed into my eyeballs and hearing the moans and groans of others at the bottom of the pile begging to get up from under the weight of so many bodies.

It was then that it happened. This one moment in time that I will never forget. As my eyesight started to clear up from the previous fingers that had been injected into them. I could see just above me in the pile a bare leg. As my helmet had all but been removed now by someone in the pile above. My first responce was to strech my neck out as far as I could, and bite down on the leg as hard as I could. Intending to bring blood. But my victory was short lived. Far no sooner had I bitten the leg above me, than someone else was bitting my leg. The harder they bit the harder I bit. It went on like this until the pile started to clear and I realized. I was bitting my own leg the whole time!!!!!!!!! Now that was one hell of a pile, and I'll never forget it!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

web_logo_1.png

Well, mine are....

HighSchool

WOS/BC '96(my 16th b-day) I kicked a 37 yrd fieldgoal to win the game.

WOS/Jasper '97 Kicked a 43yrd fieldgoal with no time left to win the game.

College

Playing against TLU and getting my first college fieldgoal(off the ground) of 47yrds. Also hitting three more that game to set a school record!

Playing againt FU and winning handily, I convinced coach to let me attempt a 60+ yrd fieldgoal I missed it wide left(pulled it, but had the distance)

Arena

Playing against Daytona Beach and kicking off, I ran down the field to make a tackle(very dumb idea) I was knocked over the wall by a man twice my size. The fans were slapping my helmet and pouring beer all over me(tasted like Heineken). THERE IS NO WHERE TO RUN IN INDOOR BALL IF YOUR A KICKER. And I always thought the glass at hockey games was to protect the Fans :lol:

• 7 months later...

Mine was a cold October night at Kirby Stadium in Silsbee, back in 1981. The Tigers vs Hebert. It had been raining for the past 3 days. The field was in pretty bad shape from JV games the night before, and there was still a slight drissel coming down at game time. I remember the fight song blaring out a demand for victory. That rainbow effect the stadium lights give off on a cold rainy night, and the electricity that filled the air. With smoke streaming from both nostriles from the cold. Already drenched with a mixture of sweat and rain, we ran out on the field, both teams ready for what was to be a battle to the end.

I was a 15 yr. old, soph., playing middle linbacker (Hank as we called it) for one of the toughest defenses in the district. As I looked the Hebert offense over for the first time face to face. The first thing I noticed were the beards. I was on the field with grown men. No way these guys could still be in highschool, but  here they where. Then the ball was snapped, and the fight was on. It was a trench war, and the enemy was the dirtiest playing team I had ever been on a field with. Holding, tackeling, gouging, scratching, you name it, they did it, but still I was having a great night, giving as good as I got and more.

It was about the middle of the 4th when something happened that I will never forget. The ball was snapped, it was a dive play, I had the read down perfect, filled the gap and went head up with the runner. With the sound of Riddelle cracking, that I later heard one fan say he thought at the time was thunder, the runner and I went one way, and the ball went the other. As I got back to my feet I saw the Pigskin squirting from one set of muddy hands to the other. It hit the ground, then was kicked back up into the air. Squirted from the hand of one player and then another. There was grass, mud, water, and leather flying all at the same time, and it seemed at the time to be happening all in slow motion. Then the ball landed right in my hands, and everything sped up again.

I turned to run, made one or two cuts in the sloppy, muddy field and then was hit all at the same time by what seemed to be the whole Hebert squad. I found myself somewhere in the middle of one heck of a pile. Fighting to keep possesion of the ball. Being scratched and clawed. Having a set of fingers pushed into my eyeballs and hearing the moans and groans of others at the bottom of the pile begging to get up from under the weight of so many bodies.

It was then that it happened. This one moment in time that I will never forget. As my eyesight started to clear up from the previous fingers that had been injected into them. I could see just above me in the pile a bare leg. As my helmet had all but been removed now by someone in the pile above. My first responce was to strech my neck out as far as I could, and bite down on the leg as hard as I could. Intending to bring blood. But my victory was short lived. Far no sooner had I bitten the leg above me, than someone else was  bitting my leg. The harder they bit the harder I bit. It went on like this until the pile started to clear and I realized. I was bitting  my own leg the whole time!!!!!!!!! Now that was one heck of a pile, and I'll never forget it!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D

web_logo_1.png

:o

My Senior Year ('03-'04) we played Richmond Foster in the second round of the playoffs as huge under'dogs' (Nederland always seems to do well in that role.) Richmond Foster's running back Javarris Williams was averaging well over 200 yards a game, however we held him to just 83 yards and pitched a 28-0 shutout until the 1:07 of the game. The game ended 28-14, but doesnt nearly do justice to the damage our defense did that night. I still have the tape from that game and watch it every now and then... Out of all of that though, I think the single most memorable thing about that game was the amount of fans that were there. Hundreds of fans were already there when our buses arrived to greet us with an assembly line wishing us luck. Nederland obviously has a big following, but our fans (and some PNG supporters) filled the entire home side at Galena Park's stadium, which by all accounts is a huge facility... Can I go back and do it one more time???

Though not very dramatic, it was one of our only wins that season. I was a Junior and it was homecoming at West Hardin. We were playing Deweyville. I was usually an iron man and special team player, but I had hyper extended my knee a week prior and playing in a leg brace that kept my right leg straight (so it looked pretty funny when I ran), but I was playing QB. I threw for over 200 yards that game and 2 td's agains their eight man front(weird D, but they made you decide quick and pressed your WR's). We fought back from being down 8-0 to win 18-14. But the most memorable part had to be when a close friend talked to me at halftime. He said, "He's here!! He's really here! My dad came to watch me play!!" His dad had came to watch his son play ball for the first time. Well it worked out perfectly. We were down by 2, late in the fourth and he was my read. The corner lined up on him tight and inside, so he was to run a fade. He gave the best fake of his life, and juked an athlete that had smothered him all game. He caught the ball in stride and went 60+ yards for the score. He was so happy, he had tears in the endzone, holding the ball up, glaring in the stands toward his dad.

P.S. My most unmemorable game was as a Junior against H-D. As I described before, I was an all around player, so I was punting. It was late in the first quarter and it was a very bad snap. It bounced, in fact. And I didn't have time to punt, so I took off around the end. It was fourth and a mile, but surprisingly I went uncontested until I neared the 4th down marker. 2 of the H-D boys were coming in fast, so I lowered my head and laid it to the one straight ahead, as the other knocked me out of bounds. One of my buddies in the lower stands said it was one of the loudest hits he had ever heard. All I know is I stood up, smiling from making the first, and I blinked. We were riding home on the bus and I was asking a team mate what his girlfriend's name was, over and over and over. I still don't remember what happenned from the 1st quarter til the end of the game. I got knocked the &%#@$ Out!!

i remember every wb game from my senior year (because wb was actually killing people!)

but most of all was my last one against katy- when we pulled up, our bus had to zig-zag through the tailgating tiger fans, then we went into a packed stadium...i felt like i was playing the superbowl or something. it was nuts!

but we lost :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder