*Jasper vs. Tarkington 1 Game Series!!! Predictions?*

Not that it makes much difference, but Tarkington lost to Needville in two games last year.

True, it makes no difference.  3abaseball.com must have it wrong then.

"CLEVELAND TARKINGTON LONGHORNS

Coach:  Chris Wiggins (3rd Year)                        2007 Record:  16-6, 8-2

Playoffs:  Bi-District Bye;  Lost to Needville in Area Round (4-11) "

tarkington has two ace pitchers so whoever wrote that article needs to check more into their information before posting a article calling a team out like that

Easy there farmer! You weren't getting called out. You may have two good pitchers for district 22, but they both wouldn't be aces in district 21. I think anyone who has watched teams from both districts would agree.

And as we found out very far apart :o

Shades of last fall's football results against 22-3a.

But Tarkington made a good decision to go for one game.  Get it over with.  Coldspring still has another session to go, and presumably Coldspring has already thrown its best pitcher.  ;)

Tarkington is ok at best but you cant take anyone lightly in the playoffs. They have 1 pitcher a righty that throws about 82-84 at best with an ok curve ball. They dont hit the ball very hard but they do put it in play alot. They have a good SS who can hit and field well other than that they dont have much. JP should dominate and with that said Jasper 12-2  ;D

I think you called it the closest.  And where are all those posters predicting a close game?  Have not seen much from them since.  ???

Not real sure what you have against Tarkington. Your arrogance makes it hard to pull for Jasper, but we will anyway.

Don't have anything against Tarkington.  Tarkington has a very good team.  They played hard.  Just wondered where all their fans went.  You know, when Jasper loses a game to another team, I usually get on the Board and congratulate that team for their victory.  Most of our district opponents do the same.

Thank you for pulling for Jasper.  :)

By the way, most of those "arrogant" posters were not from Jasper.  They were just folks who had great confidence in the Jasper team.  And no matter how good you are, some days you win, and some days you lose.  Even the great NY Yankee teams would lose a game now and then.  Good luck to Tarkington in the future.

Ok.  I said it would be a close game, and it was for several innings.  Tarkington booted the ball around and Jasper never looked back.

I know most all the posters from Tarkington personally, and I don't recall a single one of them claiming anything on this thread about it being a close game.  Indeed some have expressed that certain of Jasper fans make it hard to wish them well because of their boastfulness and continually tongue in cheek statements.  Can't say I blame them. 

Sure others said it might be close, but why not Jasper hasn't exactly had a stellar year.  There is a lot of baseball left to see if 21-3A is as stout as many on here think they are.

Tarkington had a fine season and should be congratulated.  I know of several Tarkington people who sat among the Jasper fans last year in watching the Dogs win it all.  Most people will cheer on those in their region unless given a reason not to, let's not do that Jasper fans.

True.  I agree with you Hup.  It is just hard sometimes to follow where folks are from.  Apparently some of the posters I was thinking about may just have been from the area rather than from Tarkington.  And you know, it should all be in fun.  I try to poke a little fun sometimes.  If I offended anyone, I apologize.  Often I am wrong, and have to eat crow.  >:(

Best wishes to all the Tarkington team and fans.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder