Orange Crush (Cole)

Orange Crush (Thompson)

Lady Diamonds

Beaumont Blast

Charlie's Angels

Orange Crush (Collins)

GT Shockers 12U

Orange Crush (McClain)

The 94 Texas Thunder look forward to playing this weekend. We are glad to return the favor for all of the GT teams that came and supported us in Liberty.

We are still looking for a couple of players. We have lost three players in the last couple of weeks. We still have enough to play, but not not many in reserves.

"Thank You" to the coaches and parents of the CRUSH 10U for a well run tournament at CRUSH Park in their inaugural event and for providing a great weekend of softball.  Homer and crew did a good job of staying on top of everything.  Thanks again.

Sunday was the first real taste of summer...man was it hot!!   

It was a crush sweep Crush 14 Thompson 1st Crush 14 Cole 2nd and a very impressive showing for the Crush 12 Collins played great ball all weekend came up and showed the big girls we can play ball placed 3rd.

Not near as hot as some certain fans that hung around to watch a game after they had been eliminated.

You're supposed to throw water on that fire...NOT gas! 

There were a few controversial "events" and calls, but the umpiring crews did a good job of handling the situations.  Heck, some of the umps even doubled and hair stylists between innings!!!!!

It was a crush sweep Crush 14 Thompson 1st Crush 14 Cole 2nd and a very impressive showing for the Crush 12 Collins played great ball all weekend came up and showed the big girls we can play ball placed 3rd.

The girls of the CRUSH 12U (Collins) were very impressive this weekend.  This first year 12U team is very small in stature, but never backed away from the older and much bigger girls they faced this weekend.  They played sound defense, put the ball in play, and even though the coaches said they were nervous, they didn't really show it on the field.  This is a well coached group. 

Congrats to the girls of the CRUSH 12's!

Not near as hot as some certain fans that hung around to watch a game after they had been eliminated.

You're supposed to throw water on that fire...NOT gas! 

There were a few controversial "events" and calls, but the umpiring crews did a good job of handling the situations.  Heck, some of the umps even doubled and hair stylists between innings!!!!!

Okay okay but that team had enough water to put out a forest fire :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( as for the hair stylist our team never looked so good ;D ;D ;D

Sorry we are still learning. We did not realize it was a against the rules to cheer for another team once you were eliminated. Even if the other team had a former player and friend playing on the team. Please forgive us. We will not give up. We will continue to play and learn, no matter how much water we have poured on us.

I thought it went pretty smooth.  We had plenty of help and offers to help from all the people in the Crush organization.  It is a great group!!

It was a very good showing from the Crush teams in the 14U bracket.  Crush 10's also played pretty good.  They won the 10U bracket beating the LA Sluggers from Alexandria in the championship 12-1.  In their bracket games the Crush 10's outscored opponents 34-4.

Thanks to all of the Crush teams for supporting our tournament and helping out.  Look forward to doing it again sometime.

I was not around on Sunday, but my wife heard several distasteful comments in the 14U's.  Apparently one parent yelled for his/her daughter to knock a girl over and break her leg if she blocked the plate again.  A parent on Saturday screamed at his daughter to run over a defender on the basepaths and that it would be her own fault if she was hurt.  Several coaches went at it, telling each other to shut up and sit down, coach your own players, etc. 

My girls play mostly in the Houston area, and as a a matter of fact this was the first tournament we attended in SET in several years.  We see coaches snipe at umpires and parents get huffy with their own coaches, but we don't normally hear things like direct threats of bodily harm... not that it doesn't happen elsewhere, but in 10 years that's the first time I've heard a parent tell a player to break an opponent's leg.  Hopefully that was just a little frustration mixed with the first hot softball weekend, and not the typical game comments from those parents.  Still doesn't make it right, but at least it's an excuse.  If it was normal, I expect you guys will continue having eight team brackets half full of your own teams.  Disclaimer:  That's not a knock on the girls (some great ballplayers out there this weekend), the tournament hosts or the majority of parents that cheered the right way.

Congrat's to the winners and best of luck the rest of the summer.

I was not around on Sunday, but my wife heard several distasteful comments in the 14U's.  Apparently one parent yelled for his/her daughter to knock a girl over and break her leg if she blocked the plate again.   A parent on Saturday screamed at his daughter to run over a defender on the basepaths and that it would be her own fault if she was hurt.  Several coaches went at it, telling each other to shut up and sit down, coach your own players, etc. 

My girls play mostly in the Houston area, and as a a matter of fact this was the first tournament we attended in SET in several years.  We see coaches snipe at umpires and parents get huffy with their own coaches, but we don't normally hear things like direct threats of bodily harm... not that it doesn't happen elsewhere, but in 10 years that's the first time I've heard a parent tell a player to break an opponent's leg.  Hopefully that was just a little frustration mixed with the first hot softball weekend, and not the typical game comments from those parents.  Still doesn't make it right, but at least it's an excuse.  If it was normal, I expect you guys will continue having eight team brackets half full of your own teams.  Disclaimer:  That's not a knock on the girls (some great ballplayers out there this weekend), the tournament hosts or the majority of parents that cheered the right way.

Sorry to hear you were so offended MB. However, with my last 6 tournaments being played in Houston I can assure you that even though some of the comments you just sited were wrong they are not specific to SET. I myself heard some of those same comments in Cypress, Sugarland and elsewhere. In 8 years I've heard just about everything in all areas of Texas and Louisiana including someone  like yourself speaking so condecending about one area. I guess the real question is " How did your team do this weekend". Maybe that's the root of your bitterness.

I was not around on Sunday, but my wife heard several distasteful comments in the 14U's.  Apparently one parent yelled for his/her daughter to knock a girl over and break her leg if she blocked the plate again.   A parent on Saturday screamed at his daughter to run over a defender on the basepaths and that it would be her own fault if she was hurt.  Several coaches went at it, telling each other to shut up and sit down, coach your own players, etc. 

Sorry to hear you were so offended MB. However, with my last 6 tournaments being played in Houston I can assure you that even though some of the comments you just sited were wrong they are not specifis to SET. I myself heard some of those same comments in Cypress, Sugarland and elsewhere. In 8 years I've heard just about everything in all areas of Texas and Louisiana including someone  like yourself speaking so condecending about one area. I guess the real question is " How did your team do this weekend". Maybe that's the root of your bitterness.

I beleive Crush Collins 12 u beat them then Crush Thompson 14 sent them home.

MB, it's usually not a good idea to start a post with "I wasn't around on Sunday, but...".

I WAS there and understand all that took place.  Most of the issues revolved around the obstruction rule and there were several issues with this in one particular game.  The umpire crew expressed their interpretation of the obstruction rule and coaches expressed in turn why they didn't exactly see eye to eye with what was happening.  The umpiring crew did a great job of communicating and no one started kicking dirt, spitting, or cursing. 

A season or so ago we had a player miss several months with an injury that to this day that I still feel was deliberately delivered and that is one reason this rule and it's enforcement is such a big deal to us.  I want ALL the girls to be protected and safe.  Sometimes in the heat of the moment fans and parents say things they wish they hadn't.  Our parent told me that he had apologized for the comment and there was certainly no malicious intent toward any of the girls.

The CRUSH 14 team involved in this game's roster has been basically the same for the past few seasons with only a few changes.  That doesn't happen without a great group of parents.  The parents of this team are very good, caring people who are extremely knowledgable about softball.  I am glad to be associated with this group of parents, players, and the Orange CRUSH organization. 

Softball can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it and the more/longer you are involved in it the more you will understand that statement.

A lot of people watch TV...but few really understand how a television works.    ??  ;D ;D 

Sorry to hear you were so offended MB. However, with my last 6 tournaments being played in Houston I can assure you that even though some of the comments you just sited were wrong they are not specifis to SET. I myself heard some of those same comments in Cypress, Sugarland and elsewhere. In 8 years I've heard just about everything in all areas of Texas and Louisiana including someone  like yourself speaking so condecending about one area. I guess the real question is " How did your team do this weekend". Maybe that's the root of your bitterness.

I beleive Crush Collins 12 u beat them then Crush Thompson 14 sent them home.

P88- I understand your insinuation, but my daughter was picking up so I have no allegiance.  Also, my wife called me when one of the comments was made.  I have no reason to believe she made it up.

Not sure where you read anything that was offending or bitter.  No offense intended, but it apparently was between the lines of what I wrote.  I've been friends with several of the Crush coaches for years now (on Thompson, Cole and possibly Collins- not sure who all helps with them these days), and I used to coach one of the 12's and was very glad to see her playing so well.  I hadn't seen her in over a year and was glad to catch up.  Sorry to disappoint but I have no ax to grind against any of those coaches or teams.  I guess my disclaimer didn't work as intended.  ;)

As I said, hopefully it was just a few overzealous fans out there on a hot day.  One frustrated parent can open his or her mouth and give everyone a bad name, whether fair or not, or even typical.  If our kid is involved, none of us are immune from being that parent on any given occasion.  

First time out at the Crush complex, by the way.  Great facility for the area that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to use.  Hopefully Beaumont can have the same in the future.  

Softball can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it and the more/longer you are involved in it the more you will understand that statement.

A lot of people watch TV...but few really understand how a television works.    ??  ;D ;D 

Slam, I've only been around the game for the last eight years.  Lots more experience on this board than what I have, but having called and coached quite a few games in that time I completely agree with your statement.  Best wishes.

MB, The problem with your original post was that in this line you act as if people from Houston don't make these comments. "My girls play mostly in the Houston area, and as a a matter of fact this was the first tournament we attended in SET in several years."

Let me relate a story to ya.

Several years ago we were playing in Nationals in Broken Arrow Ok. against the Texas Sting (a Houston Team) when my baby girl slid in home, breaking her ankle. Almost everyone of them cheered the fact that she had injured herself. Now that my friend is class. I did invite all of them to come down on the field and discuss it with me, but they declined. Now one could deduce that all folks from Houston are classless, and I could have went on some Houston forum and told them so, but I realized it was probably an isolated problem. No since painting the whole town with a broad brush. In fact we later played with some pretty good folks from that town. It is hard to believe your comments could be taken any other way than they were, the way they were intended.

MB, The problem with your original post was that in this line you act as if people from Houston don't make these comments. "My girls play mostly in the Houston area, and as a a matter of fact this was the first tournament we attended in SET in several years."

Let me relate a story to ya.

Several years ago we were playing in Nationals in Broken Arrow Ok. against the Texas Sting (a Houston Team) when my baby girl slid in home, breaking her ankle. Almost everyone of them cheered the fact that she had injured herself. Now that my friend is class. I did invite all of them to come down on the field and discuss it with me, but they declined. Now one could deduce that all folks from Houston are classless, and I could have went on some Houston forum and told them so, but I realized it was probably an isolated problem. No since painting the whole town with a broad brush. In fact we later played with some pretty good folks from that town. It is hard to believe your comments could be taken any other way than they were, the way they were intended.

Fair enough, but I thought I was pretty clear with the "...not that it doesn't happen elsewhere, but in 10 years that's the first time..." comment.  It was the first time I've heard it, but I didn't say it was the first time anyone said it.  I'm sure some of you have pretty much seen it all, only to get something new at the next tournament.  And no, I'm not calling you know-it-alls.  ;)

I live in Beaumont, by the way, so I'm not a city slicker pointing a finger.  I'll try to figure out that bold function next time to help with the emphasis on my post. I guess this proves my wife is correct in that I'm the one with the communication problem!

I think I know why everyone was so moody this weekend.  The bathrooms there at that park were the most disgusting that I have come across in a long time.  I tend to get a little pissy when sewer backs up thru the floor on to my feet when I flush. 

As far as the girls blocking the bases, they are still learning.  They havent been around all that long.  Dont always assume that these girls are trying to play dirty.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami