Look at this pile of crap

A school board member is not happy with a plan to rename a football stadium after a legendary coach.

During its meeting Monday night, the West Orange Cove school board will discuss renaming Mustang Stadium after longtime high school football coach Dan Hooks.

Hooks has won two state championships in his 28 years at West Orange Stark High School, and his teams have played in two more.

School board member Shirley Martin is concerned about the process for renaming the stadium.

She says the community has not had a chance to offer its opinion.

"I don't have a problem with Mr. Hooks," said Martin. "But he's done nothing different than any coach that gets paid. I don't know a coach that would wake up and say 'give me a job because I want a losing team.'" Coach Hooks told us his family would be proud and honored to see the stadium named after him, but if it doesn't happen, he still has a job to do coaching the football team.

"The board makes the policies here and whatever they say we'll do," said Hooks. And if it's Dan Hooks Stadium we'll play, and if it's Mustang Stadium we'll play out there. So we're gonna go ahead with our business and this would just be icing on the cake if it happens."

Coach Hooks told us he's just happy to have the chance to see a stadium named after him while he's still alive.

She really cant be this ignorant right? This has got to be her just kidding around right? NOPE, she's for real! :x

According to her, Hooks hasnt done anything better than any other coach ever. :roll:

yeah read that on kfdm web site this morning. how long has shirley been on the board and when is she up for re-election?

Im not sure about how long, but re-election wont be a problem.

I will be knocking door to door for who ever runs against her. :lol:

Its funny how she said the community hasnt voted on it, who in the he** would be against it. :roll:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw