Lamar Head Football Coach

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNLV and LUStrong, are ya'll going to support Stump should he be hired?

I was thinking about becoming a katfan if Lamar hire Stump.

000201C7.gif

i do not think Stump leaves WB

Any coach at Lamar would be nutts not consider Stump as the OC and Middleton as the line coach.

UNLV and LUStrong, are ya'll going to support Stump should he be hired?

I was thinking about becoming a katfan if Lamar hire Stump.

000201C7.gif

i do not think Stump leaves WB

Any coach at Lamar would be nutts not consider Stump as the OC and Middleton as the line coach.

my prediction they will not get Stump

Guest mffl

his work at WB is not finised yet

I mean I go to WB so i don't want to see him leave, but, why did he apply for the job if your saying he doesn't want it?

If he had no intention of leaving West Brook, then why did he apply for the Lamar job? 

Put yourself in his shoes, a chance to coach at the next level, and if you are successful (which he has to believe he will be) you then have the opportunity to coach a bigger program. 

What high school coach, especially one with prior college experience would not want to have the opportunity?  If Todd Dodge would leave the Southlake Carrol job, there is nothing holding Stump to West Brook.

And if it's not Stump, great - he's doing great things over there, and as an alum (class of 94) that makes me happy.

If he had no intention of leaving West Brook, then why did he apply for the Lamar job? 

Put yourself in his shoes, a chance to coach at the next level, and if you are successful (which he has to believe he will be) you then have the opportunity to coach a bigger program. 

What high school coach, especially one with prior college experience would not want to have the opportunity?  If Todd Dodge would leave the Southlake Carrol job, there is nothing holding Stump to West Brook.

And if it's not Stump, great - he's doing great things over there, and as an alum (class of 94) that makes me happy.

the job may not be as attractive at this time as he once thought. Remember every coach has his own threshold level of support required for them to be comfortable with the job. Plus, the longer Lamar wait to annonce it's is less likely he will leave WB.

the job may not be as attractive at this time as he once thought. Remember every coach has his own threshold level of support required for them to be comfortable with the job. Plus, the longer Lamar wait to annonce it's is less likely he will leave WB.

well said.....and again, I hope you're right!

Jack Doland was my favorite. Coach Boales in 82 was from Jasper, also the Head Baseball coach at McNeese plus the golf coach.

Tommy Tate played for Coach Doland.

2006-07 Matt Viator            17 3 0  .850

2000-06 Tommy Tate            49 24 0 .671

1999 Kirby Bruchhaus              6 5 0 .  545

1990-98 Bobby Keasler          78 34 2  .702

1987-89 Sonny Jackson        13 20 0  .394

1983-86 John McCann            21 20 2 .512

1982 Hubert Boales                4 6 1  .409

1979-81 Ernie Duplechin        28 6 1  .814

1970-78 Jack Doland            64 32 3 .662

Guest mffl

Anything being said? Any time table being put out about a possbile hire date/start-up? I know you don't want to rush the process, but give us something?

As of Saturday Night, Lamar is supposed to hire a coach sometime from May 12-19.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder