Which do you perfer College or NBA basketball

Guest bleed orange

Guest bleed orange

I perfer college. The game is still pure. They play team ball and they still are fundamentally sound. The NBA is none of the above. March madness Is way better than the NBA finals in my opinion.

Guest DickVitale

I really don't consistently watch the NBA until AFTER the Mens NCAA Final Four...Now, you must admit...NBA playoffs on TNT...ARE GREAT!! 40 games in 40 nights...Love it!  Thats my second choice though after March Madness..

College, by two miles.  NBA is getting better with some zones allowed, but there is still too little coaching and too much individual play.  The pick and roll makes me want to puke.  I like the 35 second shot clock, but they need to move the three point line back a step.  Isn't that happening soon?

College, by two miles.  NBA is getting better with some zones allowed, but there is still too little coaching and too much individual play.  The pick and roll makes me want to puke.  I like the 35 second shot clock, but they need to move the three point line back a step.  Isn't that happening soon?

i thought it happened at the beginning of the year? (3-point line)

College by a long shot... IMO lots of proffesional athletes forgot the fact that they are getting paid to play the game that they love, they're more worried about making 8 million dollars than 7 million... most College and HS athletes know that they may never play again after their senior year, and they play for the enjoyment they get out of strapping on watever equipment it is they need and going out there on whatever night it is in front of all their friends, their parents, and whoever else out of their communite is there and step on to the court/field, playing with a team of their fellow classmates giving it everything they have... That is why i love HS and College sports...

There is more parity and better stories in tyhe college game.  Coaching still controls the game.  There is a new great team every year and a cinderella!!! I love it baby.. PTPers, Diaper Dandies, Show timers, etc.

The NBA is not fun to watch til the last two months and the playoffs...  Other than that it is mondain and boring!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, form the looks of things college basketball is the one to watch and I agree.  Nothing like the excitement of March Madness!  Like last night's game!  Great ending!  I only watch the pros if the Rockets happen to be playing in a tight playoff series or something like that.  I agree with just about everyone here, there is more passion and pride in the college game and too much individual play and no loyalty in the pros

Wow, form the looks of things college basketball is the one to watch and I agree.  Nothing like the excitement of March Madness!  Like last night's game!  Great ending!  I only watch the pros if the Rockets happen to be playing in a tight playoff series or something like that.  I agree with just about everyone here, there is more passion and pride in the college game and too much individual play and no loyalty in the pros

Pro basketball is geared towards individual play. Thats why you have college players who average 12 points a game come into the pros scoring 20+ points a game. It's the spacing that makes a difference. In the pros, you can't leave your man wide open, whereas in college you can afford to play a sagging man to man.

Guest DickVitale

Pro basketball is geared towards individual play. Thats why you have college players who average 12 points a game come into the pros scoring 20+ points a game. It's the spacing that makes a difference. In the pros, you can't leave your man wide open, whereas in college you can afford to play a sagging man to man.

"sagging man to man"? Please do not tell my father that you used that term...If you played for him, you KNOW he HATES that!  :o... College basketball is the purest because it is talent AND stretegy involved.  That "sagging" man that you are referring to was probably a matchup ZONE...Not a sagging man... ::)

Well the Doc is back from his long vacation in Bermuda, gosh it was hard grasping the fact that another high school b-ball season had come to a close. But I managed now, IM BACK!  8)

Gosh, havent been on the forum, in what seems ages and the first thing I see. The Guru himself, gosh I knew there was something that kept dragging me back to this forum. The great intelligence (or for some, the great LACK of intelligence) of the people on this board.  ;D

For real though, College you play with PRIDE and just like in high school, you can't say, well there is always next year forever. Your time is limited, so you go out and give it your all day in and day out.

Now NBA were they play for millions, and play 82 game regular season. Players (now peeps dont get your panties in a wad now, some do this) can afford taking days off. The NBA game is solely based on the performances of individuals unlike College which promotes team work.

Just to totally different kinds of games, the NBA and College ball are, like someone pointed out before. You can have a 12 ppg player in College and he can become a 20 ppg player. With this you can have the total opposite reactions too. Because College is so team oriented and is based on many offensive and defensive skeams. A player that may have scored many pts or was a great player in college may not prosper like some people would think. This is due in a large part to the coaches offensive system, and that player may have just fit in perfectly. But the system may be totally different from NBA

now, how bout them JAYHAWKS!!! lol  ;D ;D

nah, but College by FAR!

"sagging man to man"? Please do not tell my father that you used that term...If you played for him, you KNOW he HATES that!  :o... College basketball is the purest because it is talent AND stretegy involved.  That "sagging" man that you are referring to was probably a matchup ZONE...Not a sagging man... ::)

Nah, it's not a match-up zone. Example, you're familiar with the slow guards at Ozen, right? Those Eisenhower (or Aldine?) guards blew right past them when they played this year. Sagging is good when you have slow guards like Ozen's. ;)

Guest DickVitale

"sagging" man, is NOT a basketball term...It is a slang for not playing solid defense OR it could be misunderstood by those not trained to have a basketball eye for a match up zone.... ;)

"sagging" man, is NOT a basketball term...It is a slang for not playing solid defense OR it could be misunderstood by those not trained to have a basketball eye for a match up zone.... ;)

sagging man is a slang for help defense. It is not a slang for not playing solid defense. You are sagging off your man to help on the ball. Since we all know that it is the ball we are trying to stop from going in the basket

I really don't consistently watch the NBA until AFTER the Mens NCAA Final Four...Now, you must admit...NBA playoffs on TNT...ARE GREAT!! 40 games in 40 nights...Love it!  Thats my second choice though after March Madness..

i like the college game more, but i agree with Dickie V 40 games in 40 nights....Gotta Love It

Guest DickVitale

sagging man is a slang for help defense. It is not a slang for not playing solid defense. You are sagging off your man to help on the ball. Since we all know that it is the ball we are trying to stop from going in the basket

I know what a sagging man stands for, I was being sarcastic to BLUEDOVE...By the way, I never taught a "sagging" man defense, I call it HELP defense...sagging just sounds like a LAZY term, doesn't it? 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124