21-3A next year

I'm sure this thread was coming, so i figured i'd go ahead and get it started.  Who are your playoff picks for next year?  I think its going to be the same 3 as last year.  I think Orangefield has a chance at 2nd place also.  I think anyone else making the playoffs over these 3 would be a surprise.  I'm sure we'll get the usual "dont count us out" from the other schools but realistically i think these are the best bets.  What do yall think though?

HJ

Silsbee

OF

HJ and Silsbee are a lock.  They aren't losing near enough talent for anyone to have a realistic chance of overtaking them.  I agree that 3rd will probably go to OF, but it could be another tight race next year between them and Jasper  

Thanks Aggie

I believe WO-S will really put up a big fight against O-Field because O-Field is losing half of their team and WO-S bringing back some experience. But by far as saying Silsbee and HJ. You can't predict them not making the playoff with as much as they got coming back and some qualities player as Robinson, Walter, Stallworth, Thomas, and Hill of Silsbee. HJ with Payne, Benard, Burrell, and company don't know anymore names. But with these players on the team and coming back next year they sure to make the playoff. Silsbee has a transfer from Kountze that playing for them next year and yes he played for Kountze Varsity two years

My fault #21 what his name.

This is how I see this district going down next year. First off Just as the last two years. Silsbee and HJ will be the two teams in the top two playoff spots. Jetski, you might be right about the leadership and all. But as I look at it the two best players on the team was Burrell and Benard. I couldn't possibly not see HJ not being a contender for district champs. Silsbee by far nobody can say that they lost too much or won't be a team to look out for. With Walter and Robinson back in the starting line up and then having freshman Stallworth and sophomore Thomas come in at the post position. They will have another run to STATE. I will tell you that. O-Field having to graduate nearly half of their team that played on Varsity all season. THey still have Hayes and and junior (don't know his name). They surprised alot of people this year with playing some close games with HJ, Silsbee, WO-S, and Jasper and then after beating Coldspring in bi-district round they played a close game with Navasota too. Since Jasper not in this district anymore I can't say anything about them. WO-S, I believe will be really fighting for a playoff spot. They lost alot from last year and had alot of new faces on their varsity squad this year. Most will be back so I will say that WO-S will have a good chance to make the playoff this year. HF, I don't really know too much about them but I know that they have a pretty good JV squad with some height and #3 on Varsity will be a beast next year. Maybe win A game next year in district. BC, can't say too much on them either because they didn't show alot this as they shown last year (my opinion).

Unless some of the teams like BC and HF get a transfer that can play ball then comment me on that. But for the other four teams. They can do well with what they have right now for next year.

The best is yet to come for OF in my opinion.  The group that will be juniors next year is one of the best to come through in a long time.  They have several good players, better shooters and better all around basketball players in this group.  This is also a non football group who have been playing year round in Houston, and Austin.  When you look at Hayes, Angelle, Evans and get them more scoring threats this group has the potential to win this district in a couple of years.  They will definitely be alot deeper than they have ever been.  As long as they continue to play unselfish basketball they could be surprising alot of people next year.

I agree with Wildcatter.  OF's 2 biggest and few losses will be Granger and Helton.  Garrett Granger will replace Helton and can do a good job, he couldve played varsity this year and can shoot the lights out.  Jeremy Granger is the one senior they will miss most.  Orangefields biggest weakness this year was that they didnt have any depth on their bench, but with their strong junior class next year that will be their strength.  Next years team will be more athletic and more exciting to watch.  They have the potential to be stronger and give the top teams some tough games again.  I know bobcat4life would like to see them fast break and run more, well they should be able to next year...

HJ will be adding some size (two posts off the JV), some athleticism (three or four wings off JV), some shooters (I'll keep y'all guessing), and a skilled PG off last year's unbeaten ninth grade squad to the returning Jarvis, Trey, and Jacoby.  Steve Guillory might return.  HJ's coaches will have plenty of talent--some with state championship experience--to work with next year.  Bring Silsbee, OF, and those HF 7th graders on! 

What move in from last week in HJ...SIlsbee has a move in too. Except he 6.4 and a sophmore. He will play football and then basketball next. I'm telling you when you start a power house team you will forever be a power house team. Look at this, I hear Jamal Gulley suppose to be moving to HJ and then a new kid 6.7 at HJ now and then a transfer from Kountze he was a starting post for them and then that move of the 6.4 sophomore that from Lousiana and there is suppose to be a kid that goes to school in Mesquite (a former Silsbee basketball player) that suppose to move back to play ball in SIlsbee his senior year. Now the point is some towns and school will always have great athletes that takes their school far every year. But some schools get big transfer that makes them a step better (sometimes) than they were. And that how they look good at all time. My opinion

• 1 month later...

How many seniors did your team lose from this years team?  And how many of them were starters and impact players?  From Orangefield, they lost 5 seniors, 3 starters, which were Helton, Granger, and Green.  Those 3 were the main impact players, the other 2 didnt play much.  They will have a lot of juniors on varsity next year to help the team.  I want to hear from Silsbee and HJ fans how many seniors and starters they lost from this years team.....

Silsbee lost 5 seniors. 2 were starter but as the it came to playoff 3 senior starting. Silsbee lose their second leading scorer. They were all big impact on thier teams on thier own terms. Most of them got to play alot due to it being there last season and all. But they still got alot coming back next year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder