Who do you think is the Best player in 21-3a??

Taylor Hart, Jasper.  He is now doing it all.  He is only two or so stolen bases away from having 100 stolen bases for his varsity career.  Additionally he is a power hitter who also knocks the ball out of the park occasionally.  And now in his senior year he also is being called upon to pitch.  Reportedly a Div I candidate all the way.

But that is a homer choice because I do not know the players from other teams.  ;)

I predict that of the 3 kids that have been mentioned one will be MVP and it will be whichever one is on the team that wins district.  I don't know BC or HJ well enough to know if they have another player that could win the MVP but Jasper does have a couple capable of outshining Hart (Parsons and Bronson).

I predict that of the 3 kids that have been mentioned one will be MVP and it will be whichever one is on the team that wins district.  I don't know BC or HJ well enough to know if they have another player that could win the MVP but Jasper does have a couple capable of outshining Hart (Parsons and Bronson).

They're both very good, but they are going to have to get up very early in the morning to outshine Hart. 

hicks without a doubt, he was better last year than hart is this year as a senior.  for a freshman to come in that way and dominate the way he did and is still doing is almost unheard of.  he plays the most important position in the infield (aside from pitcher) with near flawless defense, and has the bat to back it up.  he also pitches with the ability that most seniors never achieve.

arm, fielding, instincts, hitting, timing, i think the only thing hart has an advantage on hicks is speed, and oh by the way prior to his car accident when he was 12 he was the fastest kid in his grade.

hart is a tremendous ballplayer dont get me wrong, but from bc or not i think hicks is the best all around player in 21 3a

roebuck from hj pretty good as well.

I am sure that Hicks is and will be a great athlete. 

But if you are going by the fact that he started as a freshman and did very well, well let's also look at Jasper's Parker Phillips.  He started last year at third as a freshman and played very, very well also.  Well enough to help Jasper win state.  In fact he made some phenomenal stops and throws at third base.

And he pitches also same as Hicks.

tell u what.  let's decide it on the baseball field like we did last year.   ;D

well the question was whos the best player not the player that plays on potentially the best team.

and the other person you mentioned really doesnt stand out.  i mean heck i played in the outfield next to dishon for part of the year, but obviously hes way better than i am, and i dh'ed for part of the year, but im no david ortiz either.  just because they do the same things doesnt automatically make them comparable

i dont think he pitches as good as hicks and hicks did do very well last year he only gave up 5 hits in the 3rd game of the series

I am just joshing with you.  But he did make the final tag of the game, and of the series.  ;)  If the third game pitching sets up the "best" then I guess that would be Parsons based upon results.  :)

Parker Phillips did make some great plays last year as a Freshman, and overall he plays a very good 3rd base.  Jasper does not win state without him.  At this point in their HS careers however, I don't think you can compare Phillips and Hicks. Especially with pitching..... And I don't think you can compare Hicks and Hart either.  Hart is who I would go with.

My choice is Matt Hicks

Of course it is.  All you do is talk about yourself.

Just becuase someone talks about someone else doesnt mean its them. Im just on of his good friends and if you watch any of the games he plays in he's just about the best player on the field. Like tonight he shut silsbee down!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder