Who Makes The Top 4 In 20 4A This Season?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a bizzarre  :o 2007 the planets realign and corrects itself...

Last year we saw a perinnial celar dwellar become  power house (lumberton).  Central started with two 5A wins then fell off the face of the earth.  Dayton started 1-3, lose to a 3A school, and went to State. Nederland was a wrecking ball the whittled down the strecth. PNG came out of no where to regain a competitive edge. And a good look LCM team became a victim of punishment.

This year Will unfold like this.

PNG - I believe they may be back in stride.

Central - though it was talented it also was very young last year in key posistions.

Ned - Maybe the youngest team from last year and they are loaded, but defense will be suspect again.

Ozen - In the new head coach's second year they make a huge improvement.

Livingston -  Gets a rude welcome into the district.

LCM - Good but history shows they cannot win in this district.

Lumberton - Lightening doesn't strike twice. It befuddles me that they have one good season and now everybody is picking them in the top 3  ???

Vidor - A major change needs to take place in Vidorville!

After a bizzarre  :o 2007 the planets realign and corrects itself...

Last year we saw a perinnial celar dwellar become  power house (lumberton).  Central started with two 5A wins then fell off the face of the earth.  Dayton started 1-3, lose to a 3A school, and went to State. Nederland was a wrecking ball the whittled down the strecth. PNG came out of no where to regain a competitive edge. And a good look LCM team became a victim of punishment.

This year Will unfold like this.

PNG - I believe they may be back in stride.

Central - though it was talented it also was very young last year in key posistions.

Ned - Maybe the youngest team from last year and they are loaded, but defense will be suspect again.

Ozen - In the new head coach's second year they make a huge improvement.

Livingston -  Gets a rude welcome into the district.

LCM - Good but history shows they cannot win in this district.

Lumberton - Lightening doesn't strike twice. It befuddles me that they have one good season and now everybody is picking them in the top 3  ???

Vidor - A major change needs to take place in Vidorville!

dead-on accurate!

lumberton looks well suited on offense w their run game with two of their big o lineman comin back (gillam and howden)  who will have a huge impact with the two beasts in the back field (beard and hanna) the only concern w the raiders is their defense

another pick for the playoffs will be png but other than those two teams there is no other teams that truly stand out to me right now

I'm not going to say Lumberton will be #1, but hopefully can make a run for the top 4. I know we lost key players, but  we do have a lot coming back also. As far as the ones moving up from JV, we do have some talent. It will be interesting to see who plays where and how they gel. Last year's JV had a "decent" season. They tied Dayton...lost to Central and PNG. In the Central game, we turned the ball over in that one game more than the whole season. Some were Central's defense causing turnovers but most were because we flat out couldn't hold on to the ball. Not saying we would've won without the turnovers, just saying how bad we played. Now, I know that was JV and Varsity is a different level. Just making an observation  ;D.

Nederland should do well. They had a young team that now have a year's experience behind them. And a great returning QB, among others.

Never underestimate Central and PNG. Still can't believe Central had the year they did last year.

LCM & Vidor also had young teams. At least, I think LCM did?? I think we'll have to wait and see about these two. Maybe they'll pull off some upsets.

Ozen...I'm not sure. I believe they have the talent...

Livingston...don't know enough about them other than they went to the playoffs last year. Does anyone know how many they lost and how many are returning?

So, in no particular order I say:

Nederland

PNG

Central

Lumberton

but Livingston could take one of the spots

I saw Livingston play Vidor last year and wasnt impressed.  Their kicker was really good and they had a shifty back, but other than that I didnt see anything for Southeast Texas 4A teams to worry about.  The four teams will be Beaumont and Mid-County.  They will fight it out for which order.  Lumberton could sneak into the playoff picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Newmann or no Newmann we should make the top 4 this year.

I agree, Nederland should be the preseason favorite. After that I believe the next three are up for grabs: PNG, Central,Ozen,Livingston. The group of kids the Lumberton folks have been waiting for to come through are graduating in a couple of months. But, who knows sometimes winning breeds more winning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline