Dayton 60 Central 57

Why is it when the calls go against Dayton on the road they are a weak team and when they don't at home they got home cooking. Could it be that they are just a pretty good team? Central is a VERY GOOD TEAM but only beat Dayton by 10 at home. When Dayton is shooting the ball well they are VERY HARD TO BEAT!

GO Dayton

Hello everyone. I was at the game last night and in my opinion the refs were fair. Dayton is a scrappy squad and shoots the 3 ball well. No inside game, in my opinion. We (Central) got away from our game plan, and didn't play our game of basketball. Dayton will go as the third place team, which makes the game between PNG and Central a BIG one as well as the game on tuesday night 02/05/08 at Lady Jag gym between Ozen and Central. This Lost was a Great one and could not have come at a better time. It HUMBLES us and makes us have to prove ourselves through the remainder of this season and into the playoffs. THE DISTRICT CHAMP OF THIS DISTRICT WILL HAVE 1 LOST. LET'S GO LADY JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

JR good eye. When the biggest kid is 5'7" speed has to be the name of the game. Your response showed a great deal of CLASS!!! The Dayton kids have to win with heart and effort and hope the 3 is going. I look for Central to go deep into the playoffs. They beat Ozen by 10 and the roll begins. As for Dayton they are just looking for a little respect. Good Luck Central

I think that Dayton played a great game when we were in there gym.  However, at the end of our game we were up by 5, and one of our girls went up for a rebound( she is one of the best jumpers in 4a ) she was under cut and no call.  Next, rebound she dribbled up court and one of Dayton's girls literally knocked her down from behind.  Ref called charge! They shot free throws.

Scored tied up.  That's when the almighty beast came out of her and she scored 9 straght to seal the deal.  ( Not a sore loser, Great ups to Dayton!) Still, the homecooking is good!

I don't want to get into the homecooking comments.  No one likes the Houston refs, or Cleveland refs or....  Baytown area teams think Beaumont refs cheat, Beaumont area teams don't trust Baytown area refs and it'll always be like that.  Of course BH fans think all refs are against them...but that's another story.

Congrats to Dayton on the big win.  The program is on the right track and should make playoffs....which I think will be a first round match up with BH..... so good luck until then.  The girls program in Dayton will continue to grow as success feeds off of success and to take down a tough Central team should be a good motivator.  I have seen them multiple times over the last 2 years but have not been able to catch them this year....  It looks as if Coach Wooldridge has them working hard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83