J'Covan Article From Austin

Guest DickVitale

Well WBBear, since YOU have always done everything so perfect, and made no dumb mistakes as a teen, you may not understand... ::)..But, sometimes kids do dumb things more than once and need to be corrected, rather it be a slap on the wrist, or a shot in the arm, continue to teach and correct. He is still a kid, and yes he should be held accountable, and Coach Henderson is doing JUST THAT...However, that does not mean that he can't get older, mature, and get it right...THAT part is up to him, and we as adults should encourage that and not hope like hell that he fails...

Guest DickVitale

Well, I know that if I had been stripped of my senior year of playing basketball I would have been totally crushed, no matter WHAT I did to deserve it...I would have been devastated...I am sure that he wishes deep down that he did not do what he did, but if you can't feel for the kid, just on the fact that it is his SENIOR year...Then, you are a pretty cold person. Ever did or said something and wished to GOD that you had not done or said it? I know I have, and I am sure that J'Covan is feeling that way too right about now..

Guest DickVitale

Oh, he REFUSED to express it to Coach Henderson, and that is nothing but foolish pride, and being young and dumb.  THAT is why he is not playing...He DID apolgize to his teammates, and every one else involved, but not to Terrul.  I believe that deep down inside it is killing him, as it very well should..Growth is painful...Medicine does not taste good, but it is good FOR you..Pride comes right before the fall, and he is learning that the hard way.  However, we fall down, but we get back up again..That's life..He has what many people do not have that have made mistakes, and that is time to make things right. 

Guest tigersvoice

Oh, he REFUSED to express it to Coach Henderson, and that is nothing but foolish pride, and being young and dumb.  THAT is why he is not playing...He DID apolgize to his teammates, and every one else involved, but not to Terrul.  I believe that deep down inside it is killing him, as it very well should..Growth is painful...Medicine does not taste good, but it is good FOR you..Pride comes right before the fall, and he is learning that the hard way.  However, we fall down, but we get back up again..That's life..He has what many people do not have that have made mistakes, and that is time to make things right. 

DickieV - I love your assessment.  This is GOOD.  Congratulations, but don't get warm and fuzzy - I STILL disagree with you about 90% of the time. ;D

Guest DickVitale

8)..Thanks...Thats cool. I am USED to being disagreed with, even though 99.9% of the time I am RIGHT  :D......I told you guys...Thats the price I pay for being a basketball GURU!! ;D

• 2 months later...
Guest tigersvoice

For what it is worth, here is my prediction.  J'Covan Brown WILL NOT play a minute of varsity basketball at The University of Texas.  Admittedly, he is an immensely talented ball player, but he appears (until demonstrated to the contrary) to be an immense attitude problem / head case as well.  Rather than appreciate what he had (great ability, a college education given to him) he took the low road in high school and said it would his way or he would not play.  Well, he did not play.  I doubt that he ever gets on the UT campus with a basketball scholarship in his hand.

Here's my post from back in January this year.  In spite of Brown's allegged letter of intent signing and any other signings that anyone has heard about, I'm sticking with my prediction that Brown will not play at University of Texas!

• 3 years later...
Guest tigersvoice
Way back when I thought I knew everything I posted the following diatribe concerning J' Covan Brown.  I owe Mr. Brown a public apology for these comments that were publicly published.  J' Covan, I was certainly wrong in my comments and I sincerely apologize to you.  May you finish a great career at The University of Texas and here's to your success beyond that.  Tigersvoice

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="373968" timestamp="1209017643"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=32567.msg321228#msg321228 date=1201335699]
For what it is worth, here is my prediction.  J'Covan Brown WILL NOT play a minute of varsity basketball at The University of Texas.  Admittedly, he is an immensely talented ball player, but he appears (until demonstrated to the contrary) to be an immense attitude problem / head case as well.  Rather than appreciate what he had (great ability, a college education given to him) he took the low road in high school and said it would his way or he would not play.  Well, he did not play.  I doubt that he ever gets on the UT campus with a basketball scholarship in his hand.
[/quote]

Here's my post from back in January this year.  In spite of Brown's allegged letter of intent signing and any other signings that anyone has heard about, I'm sticking with my prediction that Brown will not play at University of Texas!
[/quote]

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1180954" timestamp="1329665558"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=32567.msg1180931#msg1180931 date=1329662330]
That's mighty big of you, TV!! ;)....What made you do it?
[/quote]
Because He did it the conservitive way - He earned it!

Humility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

This is actually the 2nd year in a row.... He has a little girl now... It is AMAZING to see the change that this young man has gone through...  For someone who was "never going to set foot on UT's campus"... he may be one of the few talented players that UT has had in the past 10 years who actually follows through on the scholarship deal and stays for all 4 years and gets a degree!

Way to go J'Covan!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ryanboyer612
    Newest Member
    ryanboyer612