QUESTION OF THE DAY...

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

If you were starting a team in HIGH SCHOOL....Would you take TJ Ford (SugarLand Willowridge 01), Daniel Gibson (Houston Jones 04), and Daniel Ewing ( SugarLand Willowridge 01)   OR Kendrick Perkins, Chris Bosh (Dallas Lincoln 02), and Jeremis Smith (Fort Worth Dunbar 03)....LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!

Guest nostradamus

Give me the guards any day of the week!

Has anyone not noticed that even at the NBA level the best post men (with a couple of exceptions) are the one's that can face up and make many guard like plays?

The game of basketball has become a guard oriented game.  All you have to do is see how it has changed with everything taking place off the dribble.  There are very few continuity offensive schemes around anymore.  The ball screen dominates today's game.  When the dribble dominates the game like it does today......then your answer is right there.....you take the guards.

Guest DickVitale

Any one of the three guards with average and below average bigs OR any one of the three postmen with average and below average guards...My bad.. ;) With the guards you have:

1) TJ Ford - PURE point guard, athletic, floor general

2) Daniel Gibson - combo guard (point or off guard), great shooter, smart player with pretty good size at 6'3....

3) Daniel Ewing - Off guard, slasher, great defender, athletic, scorer.

With the bigs you have:

1) Kendrick Perkins - PURE post player, strong, fundamentally sound post

2) Chris Bosh - Athletic, wirey, PF/C combo type, inside out

3) Jeremis Smith - BEAST around the basket, though slightly undersized, definitely can get the job done.....

PICK YOUR POISON!!! ;D

If you were starting a team in HIGH SCHOOL....Would you take TJ Ford (SugarLand Willowridge 01), Daniel Gibson (Houston Jones 04), and Daniel Ewing ( SugarLand Willowridge 01)  OR Kendrick Perkins, Chris Bosh (Dallas Lincoln 02), and Jeremis Smith (Fort Worth Dunbar 03)....LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!

===================================

Hmm? If I was starting a high school team, hmm? Hmmm-mm? You always need a big, but you also need someone to get the ball to the big man. Hmmm? Sheez! Okay, since it's whole court I have decided to take the guards and play an up tempo game by beating the bigs down the court....hmmm? These bigs can get down the court, though!

oKAY, I'll take the bigs and use my height advantage/speed and play with some slow guards. What my slow/average guards do will be over compenated by the bigs and their inside game. Thats my answer.

that is a great question dickie v. I would have to go with a big though, perkins or bosh. I would choose Bosh over perk due to the fact that bosh can go in or outside. I really dont think you could go wrong with any of those guys as your 1st pick though. They where all great players. I quess it would depend on what type of game you would play. With the quards, u would be running and with perk, u would want to slow it down and get him the touches. Thats why i choose Bosh i think he would give u the chance to do both.

Guest nostradamus

so all you guys that are taking the bigs, let me ask you this question:

You would start your team with Bill Russell OR Shaq OR Hakeem Olajuwon OR Kareem over Michael Jordan?

now seriously.....

Guest DickVitale

You know, I used to have this discussion/argument with Boutte all of the time...He thought Shaq was THE MAN, and insisted that they would not have won without him and I used to tell him that the Lakers were Kobe's team...Well, he was a post player when he played and I was a guard...go figure! :D... That's the NBA question, but on the HIGH SCHOOL level, what do you guys think? Does it make a difference from a personal perspective? Meaning, if you are or were a guard do you think differently from a guy that played the post? Talk to me....

You know, I used to have this discussion/argument with Boutte all of the time...He thought Shaq was THE MAN, and insisted that they would not have won without him and I used to tell him that the Lakers were Kobe's team...Well, he was a post player when he played and I was a guard...go figure! :D... That's the NBA question, but on the HIGH SCHOOL level, what do you guys think? Does it make a difference from a personal perspective? Meaning, if you are or were a guard do you think differently from a guy that played the post? Talk to me....

No you don't get influenced by your position...  Big man tell me this: Who got the ball to the bigs in a position to score, who broke the press, who ran the fast break, who got the long rebound, who got the steals, drive the lane and draw the defense, who set the offense, shot the ball so that you could rebound, who stopped the ball to cut off the diving lanes and who played help side D so yo big butt would get in foul trouble?

What did the big do for the guard: rebound, make high percentage shoots (slams & layups), block shots, clear the lane for drives, and set picks.

10 to 5 looks like the guard wins!

so all you guys that are taking the bigs, let me ask you this question:

You would start your team with Bill Russell OR Shaq OR Hakeem Olajuwon OR Kareem over Michael Jordan?

now seriously.....

You can't be serious??

First of all, none of the players mentioned are nowhere close to the ones you have in this post. Secondly, none of your guards are '6"6 and could actually play inside if needed. That is nowhere near a fair comparison.

But to answer your question, I'll take Russell and all his championships. ;D

Guest nostradamus

Austin Westlake had Chris Mihm and the other big kid at the same time that ended up playing at UT, they lost in the first round of the playoffs.  Great posts, no guards.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317