Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
16 minutes ago, 1970 said:

We should have beat them but we didn't, but you guys did.  Congrats Bulldogs!  I haven't watched it yet but it looks like it was a good tough game.   

Texas City seems to always bring a tough team.  I don't know much if anything about the rest of the district, but the championship should be a good race I think.  MCM could end up being an even more important game district-standing-wise.  

MCM winner could very well decide the district championship…. 

Posted

Reliable source says the starting qb for Nederland was back in the lineup taking snaps and throwing passes. This could be great news for the DOGS? I assume his injury wasn’t as bad as mentioned?? Coaches have a tough decision because the backup qb played a heck of a game last week. 

Posted
17 hours ago, Smashem1984 said:

Reliable source says the starting qb for Nederland was back in the lineup taking snaps and throwing passes. This could be great news for the DOGS? I assume his injury wasn’t as bad as mentioned?? Coaches have a tough decision because the backup qb played a heck of a game last week. 

I dont know about the qb as he broke his collar bone if im not mistaken, Im pretty sure Gestring #2 will be back for the next game though. 

Posted
On 9/23/2026 at 11:49 AM, Razorback_Bulldog85 said:

I dont know about the qb as he broke his collar bone if im not mistaken, Im pretty sure Gestring #2 will be back for the next game though. 

Hearing it wasn’t a break after all… went to Houston for more x rays… he is back taking snaps 

Posted
14 hours ago, Razorback_Bulldog85 said:

That's some good news! 

It’s great news! Dogs will be back to full strength heading into district play. Very good timely bye week this week for much needed rest and healing up…

Homecoming game next week and Dogs are back playing at home finally… for only the 2nd game at home and it will be October next week. 

Posted

It's good to see all of that bulldog hate and cruelty gone now. 

It's also good news about the QB, for his baseball career especially, but I'm a little surprised that he'd be put immediately back onto the football field.  My wife and I had dinner last night with a couple of bulldog friends and they were pretty surprised as well.  Anyway good luck, MCM should be a good one. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, 1970 said:

It's good to see all of that bulldog hate and cruelty gone now. 

It's also good news about the QB, for his baseball career especially, but I'm a little surprised that he'd be put immediately back onto the football field.  My wife and I had dinner last night with a couple of bulldog friends and they were pretty surprised as well.  Anyway good luck, MCM should be a good one. 

In bold: that's as long as they're winning games 😉 could say the same about a few area teams and certain "people" within their fanbases that are not real knowledgeable of football. 

 

Good luck to the Dogs rest of the season 💪🏾

Posted
On 9/22/2026 at 6:25 PM, Smashem1984 said:

Reliable source says the starting qb for Nederland was back in the lineup taking snaps and throwing passes. This could be great news for the DOGS? I assume his injury wasn’t as bad as mentioned?? Coaches have a tough decision because the backup qb played a heck of a game last week. 

Tough decision but shouldn't you want to stick with what's been working? The past 2 games the backup has managed the game pretty well and made some good throws when needed. Making that switch could mess up chemistry that they've built!

Posted
1 hour ago, ghostbuster99 said:

Tough decision but shouldn't you want to stick with what's been working? The past 2 games the backup has managed the game pretty well and made some good throws when needed. Making that switch could mess up chemistry that they've built!

Good point!

Posted
21 hours ago, ghostbuster99 said:

We've always been behind the kids. It's the coaching is what's in question😄

I would have to totally disagree! The biggest issue we have is the Helicopter Parents and Admin! The parents are the biggest issue in most cases. They want to call the shots and complain about everything. I have heard of parents complaining about SAC Camps because their Little timmy is in another sport, not attending lifts because once again they are in a different sport. Attendance of summer workouts, SAC camps, summer lifts should earn playing time.  (That is if you are good enough). There are numerous players that feel they don't need to attend and find a way to still play. Another Trivia question? How do we not have one single Team Captain on our Offense? Quite Embarrasing! Is this on the Coaches??? Maybe to an extent but I can assure you the Coaches don't have the say they use too. I have been around this program for years and one thing is certain. Newman lead his program with or without your support and I can't ever remember parents wanting to come and dictate how he should run his program. You may not have liked him but rest assure everyone respected him including our admin. Kids are just simply soft and this falls on the parents! Our program is perfect for handing out Participation trophies and it definitely shows!!!! Rant Over 

Posted
21 minutes ago, Smashem1984 said:

I would have to totally disagree! The biggest issue we have is the Helicopter Parents and Admin! The parents are the biggest issue in most cases. They want to call the shots and complain about everything. I have heard of parents complaining about SAC Camps because their Little timmy is in another sport, not attending lifts because once again they are in a different sport. Attendance of summer workouts, SAC camps, summer lifts should earn playing time.  (That is if you are good enough). There are numerous players that feel they don't need to attend and find a way to still play. Another Trivia question? How do we not have one single Team Captain on our Offense? Quite Embarrasing! Is this on the Coaches??? Maybe to an extent but I can assure you the Coaches don't have the say they use too. I have been around this program for years and one thing is certain. Newman lead his program with or without your support and I can't ever remember parents wanting to come and dictate how he should run his program. You may not have liked him but rest assure everyone respected him including our admin. Kids are just simply soft and this falls on the parents! Our program is perfect for handing out Participation trophies and it definitely shows!!!! Rant Over 

First off your way off topic 🤣 but secondly I can agree with you as far as kid that show up and work their tails off and perform during the summer and spring should play. “THE TALENT IS THERE” I’m speaking on the coaches putting kids in positions to maximize their ability, play calling, not playing the best kids, or having them in the game at the same time. Does that part fall on the on the kids also?

Posted
53 minutes ago, Smashem1984 said:

I would have to totally disagree! The biggest issue we have is the Helicopter Parents and Admin! The parents are the biggest issue in most cases. They want to call the shots and complain about everything. I have heard of parents complaining about SAC Camps because their Little timmy is in another sport, not attending lifts because once again they are in a different sport. Attendance of summer workouts, SAC camps, summer lifts should earn playing time.  (That is if you are good enough). There are numerous players that feel they don't need to attend and find a way to still play. Another Trivia question? How do we not have one single Team Captain on our Offense? Quite Embarrasing! Is this on the Coaches??? Maybe to an extent but I can assure you the Coaches don't have the say they use too. I have been around this program for years and one thing is certain. Newman lead his program with or without your support and I can't ever remember parents wanting to come and dictate how he should run his program. You may not have liked him but rest assure everyone respected him including our admin. Kids are just simply soft and this falls on the parents! Our program is perfect for handing out Participation trophies and it definitely shows!!!! Rant Over 

not allowing kids to play other sports is a good way to lose a lot of your best players. At HF Coach Waggoner came in and encouraged (almost demanded) his players to play multiple sports, and it's paid off in spades. 

Posted
21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

not allowing kids to play other sports is a good way to lose a lot of your best players. At HF Coach Waggoner came in and encouraged (almost demanded) his players to play multiple sports, and it's paid off in spades. 

It works. Nolan Ryan warmed up in the outfield with a football

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,964
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    robbin
    Newest Member
    robbin
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...