*HJ vs. Silsbee Updates/Game Broadcasted Here/77-59 HJ WINS*

HJ ran their game plan until the end (with some Sutherland adjustments along the way). Sooner or later it does what it's designed to do. Silsbee is tuff. They came out after Half Time to start the 3rd on a tear. That shows you what they are capable of doing at any time. Both teams have alot to be proud of. I think the game at Silsbee will be a great one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you hit a dead end there, seeing as you could not possibly manuever your head any further up your rectum.  Congrats to HJ though, your stamina seemed to give you the advantage this time along with some generosity depending upon your perspective.

8)   

so your telling me that great basketball players dont win or is that just a silsbee tradition ???

IMO.......HJ has basketball players with a athlete or two mixed in.

Silsbee has pure athletes and one heck of a PG.  Robinson is unbelieveable.  He carries the entire Tiger team on his little frame.  Silsbee is also alot quicker than I thought they would be.  With all of the players they graduated for them to be this good again is surprising.  Silsbee also is very deep.

Can't wait until the game in a few weeks in Silsbee.....it'll be a doozie!!!

IMO.......HJ has basketball players with a athlete or two mixed in.

Silsbee has pure athletes and one heck of a PG.  Robinson is unbelieveable.  He carries the entire Tiger team on his little frame.  Silsbee is also alot quicker than I thought they would be.  With all of the players they graduated for them to be this good again is surprising.  Silsbee also is very deep.

Can't wait until the game in a few weeks in Silsbee.....it'll be a doozie!!!

See, this is why I like and respect you Lazeek, you tell it like it is, not through colored glasses. I totally agree with your assesment. I said it last year and I'll say it this year, HJ has the pure basketball players and the better coach. Silsbee does have some pure players but for the most part just great athletes. That's how they try to beat you, by out athleting you and with an abundance of depth. That's not saying that Silsbee is not capable of beating a HJ, but they have to play smarter.

I was not there last night, but from the looks of things, it came down to the fourth quarter. HJ outscoring Silsbee 29-7 in that quarter says it all. The Tigers must have just fell apart.

Congrats Hawks on the win. It'll be another good one in Silsbee with which I hope a different result. ;D

Guest tigersvoice

What a incredible atmosphere tonight!!!!!!!!  Gym was full by the 2nd quarter of the JV game (Oh by the way Silsbee led 20-5 and HJ came back to win).  Burrell had two huge dunks and missed what would have been the best dunk I have ever seen in high school.

I have said this for quite some time now and tonight completely backs my theory!!!

1......HJ has a huge coaching edge.

2......HJ has better "basketball players".

3......Silsbee has better athletes as a whole.

Coaching and "basketball players" win games not athletes!!!

Can't wait to go to Silsbee in a few weeks!!!

Great assessment, Lazeek.

If yall were at the game you all would have realized that yes, silsbee is very deep, but for some reason they didnt sub to thier advantage?? they subed the same three people in and out? not very smart if you ask me. but on the subject both teams are about equal. The score is going to be completly opposite in silsbee.  I say silsbee bye 15+ in silsbee

If yall were at the game you all would have realized that yes, silsbee is very deep, but for some reason they didnt sub to thier advantage?? they subed the same three people in and out? not very smart if you ask me. but on the subject both teams are about equal. The score is going to be completly opposite in silsbee.  I say silsbee bye 15+ in silsbee

dont think so buddy hj has too much stamina for the silsbee tiglets

Both the JV game and Varsity game came down to who had the most stamina. Both games were decided in the 4th quarter and HJ was losing in both games by then. HJ rallied back while keeping fresh bodies in. Good wins for HJ and the game in Silsbee is going to be another one to watch.

it was a great game HJ came out strongs with a 10-0 run then silsbee battled back taking the lead by halftime and started off the 3rd quarter on a run.. i was getting nervous but HJ composed themselves and had their last run when it mattered the most i didnt think they could miss a shot at some points in the 4th quarter.. Silsbee is a great team and i think itll be a totally different game when HJ plays at Silsbee but as HJ-Hawks 25 pointed out stamina is what let all the Hawks team when their games Freshman game was close till the 4th JV came back in the 4th with an impressive win and Varsity pullled away with it in the 4th Silsbee has nothing to be ashamed of i doint see another team in district beating either of these teams

Guest tigersvoice

dont think so buddy hj has too much stamina for the silsbee tiglets

Man, wizit!  If I ever find you, your lights are out.  I've just discovered a major weakness that I have.  It's not the stupidity of what you say - it's the obnoxious way that you say it. ::)

I've watched a ton of HJ Basketball thru the years and I've tried to gauge opponents when we play them. This Silsbee team scares me. They are athletic and they are good basketball players. They did make numerous runs during the course of the game. That shows the willingness to win. When you have athletes with the willingness to win you have a dangerous foe. The hawks did what they had to do in the end, but Silsbee didn't make it easy. I'm very proud of the Hawks, but very leary of Silsbee. Good Job both teams.

Man, wizit!  If I ever find you, your lights are out.  I've just discovered a major weakness that I have.  It's not the stupidity of what you say - it's the obnoxious way that you say it. ::)

okay ??? wat ever man i dont think that i have to worry about you knocking my lights out cause that just would never happen and you can not sit there and say that saying hj has too much stamina for silsbee is stupid bc everyone on here now knows thats true so just be prepared to get beat again when hj goes to silsbee k ;)

Wow what a great game, I will have to recant an earlier statement about Silsbee's speed, they do have it and alot of it. it was deffinately a great game played by both squads I was proud of both teams. Shannon R. is the real deal he is a great pg. I know that those were the best two teams in District, and cant wait till the next game. Great game hawks, now lets keep it rolling. Check out the picture of how high Trey got on that awsome dunk in those photos.

Wow what a great game, I will have to recant an earlier statement about Silsbee's spead, they do have it and alot of it. it was deffinately a great game played by both squads I was proud of both teams. Shannon R. is the real deal he is a great pg. I know that those were the best two teams in District, and cant wait till the next game. Great game hawks, now lets keep it rolling. Check out the picture of how high Trey got on that awsome dunk in those photos.

Yes, he did get some air there. Too bad that's the dunk he missed. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder