Liberty beats Warren @ Warren

Liberty  4  16  31  54

Warren  7  24  36  45

Sims-17,Swinney-7,Young-7.

I hate to say it but I saw this one coming.An old adage in basketball or any sport is you play like you practice and the boys haven't been in the gym since Saturday.Very unusual for a senior club to be this inconsistant.This was the last non district game so the time for talk is over.These kids can be really good when they commit themselves and very average when they don't.

Liberty  4  16  31  54

Warren  7  24  36  45

Sims-17,Swinney-7,Young-7.

I hate to say it but I saw this one coming.An old adage in basketball or any sport is you play like you practice and the boys haven't been in the gym since Saturday.Very unusual for a senior club to be this inconsistant.This was the last non district game so the time for talk is over.These kids can be really good when they commit themselves and very average when they don't.

Didn't get to see this one, but Warren had them until the forth.  What happened?  I was pulling for Warren, and will continue, but do agree w/ how inconsistant the team is. 

Why couldn't they had played like this against Spurger? Ha' Ha' :)

Hope they get it together by next game & continue thru-out district. 8)

you people make me laugh so hard. Liberty beat you guys twice and both times it was the worst game they have ever played. Good Win Panthers way to pull together at tha end of the game and take home the win!

(You people) I am not from Warren my son plays at spurger. I go and watch games all over this area and support the local teams as long as they are not playing against spurger. No disrespect to Liberty and it was a good win on there part,but i know how the warren team can play and that by no means was a good game by them. :) :) :)

Didn't get to see this one, but Warren had them until the forth.  What happened?  I was pulling for Warren, and will continue, but do agree w/ how inconsistant the team is. 

Why couldn't they had played like this against Spurger? Ha' Ha' :)

Hope they get it together by next game & continue thru-out district. 8)

Very simple, Sims shot the ball 3 times from the field the second half and Andrews shot it 3 times.These 2 kids have to shoot the ball for this club to be successful.That being said Warren still led by 7 with 5 minutes left.Missed free throws and 6 turnovers late sealed the deal.One thing about this club,they usually bounce back so don't write em off.When they are good they can be very good.Relax splitter Liberty held out and got the win.They deserve the congratulations.

That 3rd spot is wide open.

DP#1 FAN,I don't know why everyone says that 3rd spot is open.I have seen every team in the district and there are 6 clubs capable of beating each other on any given night.Hardin has already beaten Kountze and EC.All 3 of the playoff spots are wide open in this district.

They did deserve the win no doubt,they converted on the Warren turnovers and hit there free throws down the stretch.Coop ask for details and I just got thru charting the game.Plain and simple for Warren to win Sims and Andrews have to get the ball in there hands.Last night Sims scored 17,most of them in the first half .In Warrens win over Liberty at Evadale Andrews had 26.I was just making a statement that these 2 needed to shoot the ball last night for Warren to win.Liberty is playing better ball this year and will compete for a playoff spot.

all I'm saying is liberty beat warren twice! AT HOME AND AT THERE PLACE! THEY DESERVE CREDIT FOR THE 2 WINS. they capitalized on warrens mistakes and won period!

I agree they do deserve the credit for the win,all i'm saying is i've seen warren much much better. I still say your lucky you caught them on a bad day. ;) ;) ;)

I don't know about Warren's chances making it to the playoffs, but liberty's don't look good at all. Improvement is one thing, but going from 6th in the district to 3rd will be quite a feat. In theory everybody has a shot, but I am more of a realist.

I don't know about Warren's chances making it to the playoffs, but liberty's don't look good at all. Improvement is one thing, but going from 6th in the district to 3rd will be quite a feat. In theory everybody has a shot, but I am more of a realist.

Especially now that there are seven teams in Liberty's district.  (I'm pretty sure LHS finished ahead of Shepherd last year, anyway...)  BUT -- they are playing better ball this year than last year, and anything can happen.

I don't think they are playing better.  Their predistrict record is actually worse than last years and last year they played HJ (State Champs) 3 times.  Who has Liberty beaten this year: Warren 2X - a team that is struggling, Anahuac - 1-1 - seems to be a very up and down team and Buna - who it appears is going to have a rough year.  They have played a lot of 1A and 2A teams and still have a losing record.

So I have a hard time saying they are better than last year - and I support them.  I wish that I could say that they have improved but I just don't see it.  Hard working and playing kids - same result.

Actually liberty is playing fairly well than they were last year the teams they are giving a close run to like clevland and coldspring last year they were getting blown out by these teams and this year they have the lead every game but somehow end up losing they just have to learn how to finish a game and plus there teams hasnt been whole with Gee (family problems) Mcbride been sick and hasn't really got back in the flow Guillory (broken Finger). #5Brown got off to a slow start last night he just had 12 points which he hit all in the fourth quarter when guillory gets back they'll be whole again and that'll give Brown a lot more help in the back court #12Hardy been playing very well he has come out of his shell he knocking down shots and #35White plays hard every game he's a good player other than that they have a chance to make the playoffs i have faith Good luck panthers you can do it

Libertyfan#1 - Don't want to start an argument about a team we both support but lets look at facts - Last year Liberty was not blown out by either Cleveland or Coldsprings - Coldsprings lost by 4 and 9; Cleveland - lost by 9 and 12.  Also Liberty never lost to Tarkington by more than 6 last year - this year I think by 12.  So I just don't see that this years team is any better than last years - sorry. 

Look they have some good players this year and last year - the common factor is that until they are taught to work as a team they will struggle.

Agian if you compare the win-loss records of Liberty foes from last year to this year I think it will show a major drop in their competition level.

Especially now that there are seven teams in Liberty's district.  (I'm pretty sure LHS finished ahead of Shepherd last year, anyway...)   BUT -- they are playing better ball this year than last year, and anything can happen.

Way to be looking out for me, but if there are seven teams in the district and Liberty is ahead of Shepherd that would make them. . .6th. Thank you sooo much for filling me in on info I already had. I know they aren't better than Kingwood Park so I had already placed them ahead in the ranking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics