Lamar 66 Rice 49 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

Guest abovetherim

Lamar had a 21 pt first half lead they let slip down to 7 in the second half and I was starting to pull the little bit of hair I still have out. The Cardinals ended up playing better the last 3 minutes of the game and got a 17 pt win. Congratulations to the Cardinals.

That said, Rice is terrible! Coach Wilson will be fired at the end of this season.

Guest abovetherim

It's the holidays, the Cowboys were playing but Lamar still had a better crowd than the 10-0 SHSU Kats.  ;D I think the stated crowd and actual attendence were different. I personally think there was probably only 2,000 or so but the official head-count was over 3,100.

Guest abovetherim

Thoughts on the officials? They sucked!!!!! At one time in the second half LU had7 fouls and Rice had 2. Why can't I see a game called well in the Montagne Center? Crazy!

Glad we got the win. Better than a loss. I wasn't expecting Rice to be that bad.

If LU plays a complete game like we did in the first half we would have beat them by 30+ points.

Thoughts on the officials? They sucked!!!!! At one time in the second half LU had7 fouls and Rice had 2. Why can't I see a game called well in the Montagne Center? Crazy!

Well, I saw in the 2nd half a call made against one of the Cardinals for a  blocking foul near the basket. The crowd booed their disapproval, but it wasa good call by the ref. Players tend to throw their hips in instead of moving their feet to play defense. And yes, Rice basketball is terrible.

Guest coachacola

I made the game and I seriously doubt there were 3100 fans there.  That must be tickets sold, not actually attendance.  LU played good in the first half, but I was beginning to sweat it out in the 2nd.  Still, LU won by 17 against a D1 team, so I'll take it.  We also got some free t-shirts and my youngest son won the half-time musical chairs contest so it was an enjoyable night!!

Guest abovetherim

I made the game and I seriously doubt there were 3100 fans there.  That must be tickets sold, not actually attendance.  LU played good in the first half, but I was beginning to sweat it out in the 2nd.  Still, LU won by 17 against a D1 team, so I'll take it.  We also got some free t-shirts and my youngest son won the half-time musical chairs contest so it was an enjoyable night!!

Congrats to your son!

wELL, don't forget about those who get in free with their I.D. cards. I was sitting there mentioning to someone else that there isn't a lot to do in Beaumont, and you would expect more fans out. But I have to admit, this was my ist game this season after attending the final two games last season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami