LC-M Talk

Guest STJFL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes something has to be done!  Every other program at lcm is good or starting to become good.  

Something has to be done to the football program.  Its just sad that the school puts so much money into the football program and they cant even win one district game.  Softball won state and they get nothing but some stupid card board sign to hang up.  Baseball goes to the playoffs year in and year out and yet they get nothing.  

Yes something has to be done!  Every other program at lcm is good or starting to become good.  

Something has to be done to the football program.  Its just sad that the school puts so much money into the football program and they cant even win one district game.  Softball won state and they get nothing but some stupid card board sign to hang up.  Baseball goes to the playoffs year in and year out and yet they get nothing.  

What money has the school put into football?

I guess the reference is to the scoreboard? As far as what's going on with LCM, it looks like it's time to tighten up the belt and hang in there. Not quit! Walking out is not the answer. We need to encourage our young people to hang on and keep working hard and respect authority. I'm not sure what they have learned in football, but I bet you that they are learning some lessons in life. Don't get me wrong, I want to win. If the coaches can't motivate, then let's encourage our young people to be intrinsicaly motivated and get the job done. Maybe these players can teach a few things to the coaches, by having the right attitude. Now is not the time to drag up, but dig in.

I totally agree with you voice, but I hate to see any more good atheletes opt out of football to focus on one sport. After this year as kids watched  while starters continually did not prepare or execute thier job on the field but were never disiplined other than a few extra sprints (never to sit during a game) will only increase the numbers that go to one sport because thier lack of a chance of a game time oppurtunity. I hope i'am wrong. But I agree they need to hang in there and work to make it a better situation.

Something needs to be done QUICK...if they plan on having a FB program.

There have been some competitive teams at LCM throughout the years, but maybe only a couple of dominate teams under coach David Williams in the 90's. To save this program, its going to take a rowdy (old school) type of coach that is not afraid to run off a few players and maybe a few parents too. I would also support closed practices. It's nobodys business what goes on there except the players and coaches.  The kids at LCM are good enough to compete in this district and contribute to building a winning program.  

It's up to the adults to give them the opportunity !

There were some great canidates the last time that were overlooked (imo) dont know that they would still be interested. Long, Alverez, Bickham. Some of the ones I can think of.

I think the 3rd coach on your list would do a great job at LCM. Who do I need to talk to?  ;)

If the job were to come open who do you think would be interested in the job.  Are there any coaches who have left that the community would like to see back. Could LCM get a big name coach to come in and put up with some of the BS that is going on there?

Who and why would a "big name" coach want the LCM job?  There are some good OC's and DC's in the area that would be good for this job though. 

If the job were to come open who do you think would be interested in the job.  Are there any coaches who have left that the community would like to see back.  Could LCM get a big name coach to come in and put up with some of the BS that is going on there?

What BS are you referring to?  Any examples would be greatly appreciated. This rap that the program has is often talked about but I never hear about what it's in reference to.  If it's the same old noise about parent intervention, I just don't see it.  If there is a change, it would be a great opportunity for someone who is willing to work hard and make the right decisons. IMO it doesn't really matter if they have a big name, just someone who really wants to prove himself to be a great coach and be dedicated to the kids, school and community.

LCM has the players and community support i think a good coach can come in and turn things around, it might be a good proving ground for an up and coming coach,  i think if the job is open there will be alot of interest in it (thus alot of qualitified applicants to choose from)

I think they have the coach they wanted. They interviewed him and they hired him and it looks like they are sticking with him. The real question is....... what do they want to accomplish?

Maybe they should re-evaluate what they want to accomplish.  I think the community and the dorectors area on a different page.  We want to see a football program.

What BS are you referring to?  Any examples would be greatly appreciated. This rap that the program has is often talked about but I never hear about what it's in reference to.  If it's the same old noise about parent intervention, I just don't see it.  If there is a change, it would be a great opportunity for someone who is willing to work hard and make the right decisons. IMO it doesn't really matter if they have a big name, just someone who really wants to prove himself to be a great coach and be dedicated to the kids, school and community.

Well, lets see hmmm...  maybe running off a lot of great coaches with alot of experience would be one great example.  The administration allowed that to happen, that is unbelievable.  Kids not being held accountable because the administration believes kids are never at fault. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin