LC-M Talk

Guest STJFL

From what I  am hearing it is speculation at this point.  There are so many rumors floating around it is hard to know what to believe.  As for the coaches we have lost alot of great coaches, too many.  Also the things that the players were allowed to get away with right there on the game field infront of the crowd and then still be apart of the team was unbelievable.  I graduated from LC-M and my kids go there but I am not sure my youngest will attend      LC-M.  No pride in the school and no disipline.  Your right the mentality is that the kids are never at fault.  We would have never been allowed to act that way on the team period.

If you are speaking of the STJFL rooster he could not do any worse.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STJFL, I am sorry to hear that things are like that over there.  It seems like LCM had turned the corner in the mid to late 90's, and then just kinda fell off again.  I do think that there is plenty of talent at LCM to be successful, it is just going to take the perfect guy for the job to do so.

let me tell some of you this.i was at a lc-m game this year and saw kids  fighting on the sidelines and the coaches looking at them the other players had to step in to stop it NOT THE COACHES. i am sure most of the fans saw it also  if you did not thay were blind.i asked a kid that played was enything said at practice he said  (NO)

I was at that game also.  Sad thing is that kid started the next friday, I can't believe he was allowed to stay on the team.  He played the rest of the year and had more passes thrown to him than the better recievers that did not cause any team problems.  Sad, Sad, Sad!!!!

I totally agree with you voice, but I hate to see any more good atheletes opt out of football to focus on one sport. After this year as kids watched  while starters continually did not prepare or execute thier job on the field but were never disiplined other than a few extra sprints (never to sit during a game) will only increase the numbers that go to one sport because thier lack of a chance of a game time oppurtunity. I hope i'am wrong. But I agree they need to hang in there and work to make it a better situation.

LCM is a great community but you have to look at it on both point of views. LCM lost a lot of games by 6, 5, or like 4 but lots of the times they lost the team fumbled in key plays. one of them couldve have one the game but they fumbled on the one yard line.But MOODY should leave the program and step down and let another coach who has a better idea of wat football is about.

first off let me say this.lc=m did lose some close games this year and yes it was becouse of fumbles i will agree with you guys on that part.now lets look at it this way moody is a very fine teacher  he always had a good game plan going into games dont you agree.the one thing he cant help his kids with is how to hold on to the football and i do feel for him on that part lose a game by 4 are 5 points i am sure the man dreams about that at night over and over again moody does not teach his kids how to lose he is a good man and a good young coach that has cought hell.he has tryed his best to bring back a winner to lc-m  but like you say fumbles have got in the way of a winning season for you guys keep the faith stick togather it will all work out maybe

first off let me say this.lc=m did lose some close games this year and yes it was becouse of fumbles i will agree with you guys on that part.now lets look at it this way moody is a very fine teacher  he always had a good game plan going into games dont you agree.the one thing he cant help his kids with is how to hold on to the football and i do feel for him on that part lose a game by 4 are 5 points i am sure the man dreams about that at night over and over again moody does not teach his kids how to lose he is a good man and a good young coach that has cought heck.he has tryed his best to bring back a winner to lc-m  but like you say fumbles have got in the way of a winning season for you guys keep the faith stick togather it will all work out maybe

Game plan  ???

No discipline, no program at the lower levels, and no ability to make adjustments during the game, no matter what the other teams do we just keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over. 

Moody is a great guy and I have respect for him but when you have a man fumbling the football or a man commiting personal fouls  over and over and your losing anyway its a good time to let those guys sit and think about thier mistakes and maybe they will work to correct them, not just continue as nothing is happening.imo DISIPLINE

77 you are right we had serveral seniors that saw no play time at all, they were never given the chance to prove themselves.  We just kept playing the same ones that were making the mistakes.

heres the issue

if your team has an obvious fumbling problem, you correct it

you spend major time working drills to imporve ball handling

from what i understand the skill players did not get hit in practice, i can understand wanting to avoid injuries, but when are they supposed to learn.

if you are not going to hit them, at least have the whole scout defense try to swat or rip the ball out. EVERY PLAY.

Heck if you work every drill in the book, and have the practice team ripping at the ball and that still doesnt fix it, you have the players carry a football around school all day, or run a lap everytime the fumble in practice.

At ANY rate, you dont sit back and let a problem continue. a MAJOR one at that. PERIOD.

And as for discipline, it is ridiculous when certain players are "babied" to the extent where they can start a fight amongst their teammates and say whatever they want during a game, and still be the first option on offense. Some of the things Some players where allowed to get away with would warrent suspension or possible expulsion from any team i would ever coach.

LCM is a great community but you have to look at it on both point of views. LCM lost a lot of games by 6, 5, or like 4 but lots of the times they lost the team fumbled in key plays. one of them couldve have one the game but they fumbled on the one yard line.But MOODY should leave the program and step down and let another coach who has a better idea of wat football is about.

What?

Well, lets see hmmm...  maybe running off a lot of great coaches with alot of experience would be one great example.  The administration allowed that to happen, that is unbelievable.  Kids not being held accountable because the administration believes kids are never at fault. 

Oh thats the BS you are talking about.  I agree with the first one, second one I'm not so sure about but I think were basically on the same page. IMO it's the coach's job to hold the kids accountable.  There are problems and I hope they get addressed.

I was at that game also.  Sad thing is that kid started the next friday, I can't believe he was allowed to stay on the team.  He played the rest of the year and had more passes thrown to him than the better recievers that did not cause any team problems.  Sad, Sad, Sad!!!!

He wasnt fightn with one of the players, he was getn into it with one of the bear cave men guys, b/c one of them hit him over the helmet with something just after he fumbled the ball, and the other players just grabed him so he wouldn do anything stupid.

first off let me say this.lc=m did lose some close games this year and yes it was becouse of fumbles i will agree with you guys on that part.now lets look at it this way moody is a very fine teacher  he always had a good game plan going into games dont you agree.the one thing he cant help his kids with is how to hold on to the football and i do feel for him on that part lose a game by 4 are 5 points i am sure the man dreams about that at night over and over again moody does not teach his kids how to lose he is a good man and a good young coach that has cought heck.he has tryed his best to bring back a winner to lc-m  but like you say fumbles have got in the way of a winning season for you guys keep the faith stick togather it will all work out maybe

I agree,

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder