Astros acquire shortstop Tejada from Orioles

KFDM COOP

I really didn't want them to include Patton in a deal, and now they included Patton and Albers.  We have absolutely no pitching.  Maybe they can deal wiggington and Burke for a quality starter.

This lineup id definitel formidable:

Bourne

Matsui

Pence

Berkman

Lee

Tejada

Towles

Everett

Pitcher

They are going to have to win games 13-12 though.

I really didn't want them to include Patton in a deal either but if im not mistaken Tejada is locked up for at least 3 years.  Im assuming he will move to third now?  At least if it were my call he would be, cannot take everett off of short.  As much as this will help the offensive output this coming season they do still need to address the pitching situation.  Somehow, somewhere they have to come up with at least 1 more quality starter, or I fear we are looking at another .500 or worse season

Haha Coop beat ya by 2 minutes.

I don't really have a big problem with this trade. It seems like a lot to give up but in reality Troy Patton is over valued by Astros fans. I'm not saying he is bad, because he is the best pitching prospect the Astros have, but he is not a top tier prospect in MLB. The Astros farm system is so depleted that they had to give up 5 players (although the Chron says it may only be 4 and that Sarfate isn't confirmed) to get Tejada. The thing about that is that the prospects the Astros gave up were some of the top 10 in their organization. However, those same guys wouldn't be top 15 or 20 in some other systems. So in essence all they really gave up were 5 mediocre to decent players.

I think it is a great trade and it will do what the Astros organization hopes it does and that is put fans in the stands, Tejada can flat out hit, everyone says he is on his way down I think you need to review his stats, and with the short porch in left, look for him to hit 30 HR's, add that to the power of Berkman and Lee you are looking at 100 HR's from 3 players. Tremendous speed in Bourn and Kaz which will cause pitchers to pay attention to them when the Big Boys are up. I would not jump the gun on thinking he is playing third I know the Astros love Willingham, they have until midnight tonight or next Wed. to offer Everett a contract....Don't see that happening. look for a package deal of Burke and Everett to bring in another starting pitcher.

Guest JoesBros

I understand pitching is the main concern. But if they cant win with these kind of bats in the lineup then the Stros are cursed. Look at the bench. Loretta,Blum, and Ausmus. Man is it April yet???

The pitching is not that bad, the need a #5

1.Oswalt

2.Backe

3.Wandy

4.Sampson

5.?????

Bullpen already recevied some help in other deals, Quails, Brocail, at the end.

Patton was OK not as strong as people think, our minor league is very weak and in a normal time Patton would not be in your Top 10.

I really like it, and I think it will attrack some FA pitchers knowing the lineup is so strong, you can have a off night on the hill and still win a 10-8 ballgame.

Look for the Astros to led the National league in Home Runs and probably runs scored.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124