Longball

Will Woodville school Board do away with all athletic programs except Football? I hope so. All the funds have ceased already. It is better to do away with them than continue as is. Next year the parents will need to bus their kids to and from games and split the umpires fees at the gate. Parents will need to hold fund raisers at the front door of Walmart if they want to continue playing.

Umpires would not let them continue the game without a mitt, even tried to use the 1st base mitt. He would not allow that . Pollock would not allow theirs to be used. They were told they could not continue with the mitt. If they could not repair it game was over.

2 hours ago, longball24 said:

Umpires would not let them continue the game without a mitt, even tried to use the 1st base mitt. He would not allow that . Pollock would not allow theirs to be used. They were told they could not continue with the mitt. If they could not repair it game was over.

That’s  not even remotely true at all. Woodville finished the inning with a 1st basemen’s mitt. Also, the catcher grabbed the back up glove and took one practice pitch with it and it busted as well. At least your son pitched a great game! Just be happy Woodville played well and got the win and their playoff hopes are still alive. 

Look up the term credulous. There is more going on than meets the eye. Did the umpire not send the first baseman’s mitt back, was it not a huge embarrassment for the entire team. Did many school board members not get a call. You know yourself there are problems, keep your head in the sand. You are part of the problem.

9 hours ago, longball24 said:

Look up the term credulous. There is more going on than meets the eye. Did the umpire not send the first baseman’s mitt back, was it not a huge embarrassment for the entire team. Did many school board members not get a call. You know yourself there are problems, keep your head in the sand. You are part of the problem.

Sounds like you and other parents should start a booster club like many other schools have.

I guarantee not one kid was embarrassed because a piece of equipment broke.

Most baseball teams in texas are behind football when it comes too funding.

There are lots of schools worse off than Woodville not to say they could not use some new equipment.

Woodville had two mitts (which is pretty standard equipment needs). You are stating that they only had one mitt. At least be honest in your criticism.

also, stating that the softball dad should have gone home sounds like you are wanting the Eagles to lose and their playoff hopes fade.  you should tell softball dad that down at the coop.  

If you consider Woodville so bad why have you transferred all three (3) of your boys to play at Woodville. Your boys have played 12 years of baseball in Woodville. 

In that time what have you personally done to improve the financial aspect of the baseball team.  Teams all over the state are having fundraisers.  Pay attention to the suburbs up and down I-35 and north of Dallas   Those parents are writing checks.  

per Pine Curtain - Why haven’t you started a Baseball Boosters like Jasper?  

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

Just look at the topic . You picked a fight with me . I will give my opinion you can like it or not. I have bigger things to worry about than what is going at the school. 

No one picked a fight.

The topic is “Tough One” after the Huntington loss on a dropped pop fly. You came in here talking you get what you pay for and about National embarrassment and being dishonest about the glove situation   

now you are acting like you don’t care   

1 last reply and I am done. Do you remember the 3rd game of the malakov series. The game ended with an error that cost us the game. That is not what cost us the game , the decision not to use our ace who had 20 something pitches left is what actually cost us the game. As in Huntington the starter had 20 pitches left. Again decisions ultimately cost us again. I would expect you to know this but I guess not. There are no kids capable of playing perfect baseball all the time. Coaching decisions play a larger role than you think. By the way I’m not the ones calling the school board. I am done. So you are correct I don’t care and I have been biting my tongue all year. I do have 4 friends with kids that have D1 aspirations that will be a bigger pain in the neck than me. I have been relatively civil.

2 hours ago, longball24 said:

1 last reply and I am done. Do you remember the 3rd game of the malakov series. The game ended with an error that cost us the game. That is not what cost us the game , the decision not to use our ace who had 20 something pitches left is what actually cost us the game. As in Huntington the starter had 20 pitches left. Again decisions ultimately cost us again. I would expect you to know this but I guess not. There are no kids capable of playing perfect baseball all the time. Coaching decisions play a larger role than you think. By the way I’m not the ones calling the school board. I am done. So you are correct I don’t care and I have been biting my tongue all year. I do have 4 friends with kids that have D1 aspirations that will be a bigger pain in the neck than me. I have been relatively civil.

Coaches are not perfect just as the kids are not perfect.

Woodville doesn't have 2 D1 kids on the baseball team much less 4.

If your friends think their kids is D1 caliber maybe they should contact Kellys coach.

He has been recruiting all the D1 kids he can find.

You should know that since Kelly contacted your kid to play there.

Ha ha yall don’t want me to get off the board. No one from Kelly has recruited anyone for anything. I only know off their coach we received lessons from him, and the kids I speak of play Football, Softball and Baseball. Their parents have asked my opinion of what it takes to play at the next level and what they could do to help make it a reality,  I help everyone as best as I can to guide them in the right direction. Not everyone likes what I have to say and that’s fine . Every one is responsible for their own kids development, I have put in 25 years and thousands of hours it seems with my own and others as of now 8 kids have went on to the next level from 4 different schools.  But being a liar and idiot what do I know.

On 4/15/2024 at 5:24 PM, longball24 said:

Ha ha yall don’t want me to get off the board. No one from Kelly has recruited anyone for anything. I only know off their coach we received lessons from him, and the kids I speak of play Football, Softball and Baseball. Their parents have asked my opinion of what it takes to play at the next level and what they could do to help make it a reality,  I help everyone as best as I can to guide them in the right direction. Not everyone likes what I have to say and that’s fine . Every one is responsible for their own kids development, I have put in 25 years and thousands of hours it seems with my own and others as of now 8 kids have went on to the next level from 4 different schools.  But being a liar and idiot what do I know.

This should make for an awkward senior night.

Make sure you let those coaches know how you feel to their face.