Lamar Hosts St. Gregory's Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

The Cardinals holds a 2-0 all-time series advantage against the Cavaliers.

Dec. 3, 2007

Lamar Basketball Notes vs. St. Gregory's

BEAUMONT - After two straight road games, Lamar University returns to the friendly confines of the Montagne Center for two straight starting with Tuesday's 7 p.m. game against St. Gregory's in non-conference men's basketball action.

Lamar is 1-5 overall and will be looking to snap its five-game losing streak. The Cardinals lost a heartbreaker on a buzzer beating tip-in Saturday at Northern Illinois, losing 65-63. Lamar is 1-2 at home this season.

St. Gregory's enters with a 4-3 overall record. The Cavaliers are coming off consecutive home wins over Lubbock Christian (70-57) on Thursday and Wayland Baptist (79-77) on Saturday. SGU is 3-1 at home and 1-2 on the road this season.

This will be the third meeting between Lamar and SGU with the Cardinals holding a 2-0 all-time series advantage. Lamar is 2-0 in games played in Beaumont, including last year's 92-72 win on Nov. 25, 2006.

Junior Kenny Dawkins continues to lead the Cardinals in scoring at 15.0 points per game, which ranks seventh in the SLC in scoring. He led the team in scoring for the fourth straight game with 16 points at Northern Illinois. He also leads the team with 3.5 apg, which ranks 12th in the SLC. He is shooting 47 percent from the field, 41.9 percent from three-point range and 88.2 percent from the free throw line.

Senior Lamar Sanders, who recorded his first double-double of the season with 12 points and 10 rebounds at NIU, is second on the team in scoring and rebounding with 9.7 ppg and 7.5 rpg, respectively. He leads the team in shooting percentage at .564 (22-of-39) and in steals with 10.

Junior Justin Nabors is averaging 9.5 ppg and leads the team in rebounding at 7.7 rpg, which ranks seventh in the SLC. He is shooting 53.3 percent from the field and 77.8 percent from the free throw line.

As a team, Lamar is averaging 71.5 ppg and is shooting 42.5 percent from the field, 30.8 percent from 3-point range and 75.5 percent from the free throw line. The Cardinals have a minus-4.0 scoring margin and a minus-1.8 rebound margin.

Senior Patrick Jones, who scored 31 points in last year's meeting, leads SGU in scoring at 17.9 ppg and is averaging 4.1 rpg. He is shooting 53.5 percent from the field, 47.1 percent from 3-point range and 64.1 percent from the free throw line.

Senior Cha'son Holmes is the only other Cavalier averaging double-figures at 13.9 ppg and leads the team in rebounding at 7.3 rpg. He is shooting 61.2 percent from the field and 59.1 percent from the free throw line. Kyle Lulko is averaging 9.9 ppg and leads the team with 15 3-pointers made.

As a team, SGU is averaging 70.0 ppg and is shooting 47.5 percent from the field, 34.3 percent from 3-point range and 62.9 percent from the free throw line. The Cavaliers have a minus-1.7 scoring margin and a plus-0.7 rebound margin.

http://lamarcardinals.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/120307aaa.html

If they lose, I'm locking the door and abtr will not be allowed over. I think he'll go nuts if they lose to a NAIA school. Anything under 5 pounds will possibly be thrown. I might need to make this game so my aunt and cousins get home safely.

Abtr, will not be a happy camper if they lose again. He takes these games too serious.

Lighten up rim. The world isn't coming to an end if Lamar loses tomorrow.  ;D

Guest abovetherim

Looks like you were up way past your bedtime there NC. Yeah, I can take the losing a little hard but I've got better over the years. New family rule this year, we don't talk about the game after we leave the parking lot. I just got to figure out a rule for when I'm listening to it on the radio!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder