dayton broncos regional champs

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BRONCOS. YOU ALL MADE THE CITY OF DAYTON PROUD AND ALL OF SOUTH EAST TEXAS. KEEP IT GOING BOYS. WE KNOW YOU ALL CAN DO IT. THIS BRONCO FAN IS VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL. WE'RE BEHIND YALL ALL THE WAY TO STATE. WIN OR LOSE, WE'RE PROUD OF ALL OF YOU. 22-4A IS NO SLOUCH. DAYTON'S GOING TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO ALL YOU NON BELIEVERS. WE BELIEVE. ALL YOU DAYTON FANS OUGHT TO PAINT UP THE TOWN AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT. GO BRONCOS WHUP WALLER

Guest TravelingBandsman

From what I hear, Waller had some trouble with Livingston in the regular season. I have a feeling Texas City could have beaten Waller, but in all seriousness, I think Dayton comes away with the win next Friday with a slightly closer margin than last Friday.

Dayton 35

Waller 14

From what I hear, Waller had some trouble with Livingston in the regular season. I have a feeling Texas City could have beaten Waller, but in all seriousness, I think Dayton comes away with the win next Friday with a slightly closer margin than last Friday.

Dayton 35

Waller 14

Waller barely beat Livingston....

Texas City would wallop Waller....

Waller is a one dimensional running team.

Ask PN-G, Texas City, or Livingston how easy it is to run on the Broncos.

Waller will not get 300 + yards in rushing.

Waller's defense will not be able to stop the Dayton spread passing attack, just ask Nederland (which beat Waller), PN-G, Crosy, Texas City, or Livingston how easy it is to stop Dayton's offense.

With 4 turnovers, Dayton still beat the #1 Houston area team (Texas City) very easily.

Dayton wins this one, but not in such a huge landslide.

I say between 14 and 28 point victory for the Broncos, but.....

saying that the Broncos better not be looking ahead.

If they come out and play as usual, they win.

Waller barely beat Livingston....

Texas City would wallop Waller....

Waller is a one dimensional running team.

Ask PN-G, Texas City, or Livingston how easy it is to run on the Broncos.

Waller will not get 300 + yards in rushing.

Waller's defense will not be able to stop the Dayton spread passing attack, just ask Nederland (which beat Waller), PN-G, Crosy, Texas City, or Livingston how easy it is to stop Dayton's offense.

With 4 turnovers, Dayton still beat the #1 Houston area team (Texas City) very easily.

Dayton wins this one, but not in such a huge landslide.

I say between 14 and 28 point victory for the Broncos, but.....

saying that the Broncos better not be looking ahead.

If they come out and play as usual, they win.

I always am amused by these "Team A beat Team B and Team C beat team A so team B can't win vs. Team A" posts. I'll point out the flaw in that thinking:

Waller beat Lumberton and Lumberton beat Dayton...

I always am amused by these "Team A beat Team B and Team C beat team A so team B can't win vs. Team A" posts.  I'll point out the flaw in that thinking:

Waller beat Lumberton and Lumberton beat Dayton...

Lets not go there (Lumberton beat Dayton) again....

Is that topic old....

Good score to compare....

Nederland 21 Waller 14

to...

Nederland 0 Dayton 63

That said....

Both teams are playing AWEsome right now.

If you were a coach from another team, who do you think they would choose NOT to play...

The choice would be clear, Dayton.

Dayton's defense has allowed a meager 37 points in the last 9 games while in that same time no team has been able to slow down the Dayton offense.

If both teams play 100% Dayton wins, but you don't win the game until you play a better game and have more points on the scoreboard when time runs out.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

I can't wait till Friday!

waller is good against the run.stats show this.they have not seen anything of the likes of qb gregory charles throwing very accurate darts at 4 diff.speedy rec.then they will fool you & bust a big gainer.dayton,s "D" will rise & shine to their running game.speed & agility will overcome size.you must be good to get this far.dayton will come to play their "A" game.should be a great game to see.everyone come out to support the broncos.coach stewart will have some surprise schemes up his sleeve.Question #1- can waller slow down this high octane machine? dayton will force waller to pass & real trouble looms there .i have to go with my gut dayton-42 waller 14 waller coaches son the qb under too much pressure in this one.turnovers too much in poor field position. i see another tx.city re-run here

I happen to not only be pulling for Dayton, but think they WILL win.  That does not however validate a flawed argument.

How can you say Waller v. Lumberton + Lumberton v. Dayton is not a good score to compare then turn around and say Waller v. Nederland + Nederland v. Dayton is?

Each of those comparisons is just as valid as the other. (Which is to say not at all.)

I happen to not only be pulling for Dayton, but think they WILL win.  That does not however validate a flawed argument.

How can you say Waller v. Lumberton + Lumberton v. Dayton is not a good score to compare then turn around and say Waller v. Nederland + Nederland v. Dayton is?

Each of those comparisons is just as valid as the other. (Which is to say not at all.)

Throw them all out--they mean nothing

When Waller played us they handled our passing offense pretty dang good. We had alot of yards...Problem was, we couldn't stop them. They've gotten alot better since they payed us. Your O-line better be on for this one. Their D-line is huge and very fast.

Waller has 6 or 7 seniors being recruited by D1 schools. Don't tell me the College coaches don't see something in these boys.

Here is a link to the box scores

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=608&TeamID=239&SearchType=Teams

Good luck to both teams....But I'm going for Waller. :P

so as it is,everybody for the most part has been bigger than dayton. i recall tx.city put 28 pts.on b.city in the 1 st.qtr. dayton has allowed that many pts. in 8 games.yes they had a grt.qb go down for the season,since charles took over its been all dayton.in case you don't know the broncos lost to lumb.by 1 pt;west or.stark by 1 td: friendswood by 1 pt.2 of three just lost out last week.you don't believe because it's not supposed to look this easy.you'll have to go see it to believe it so you probably were born in missouri "THE SHOW ME STATE"

Lets not go there (Lumberton beat Dayton) again....

Is that topic old....

Good score to compare....

Nederland 21 Waller 14

to...

Nederland 0 Dayton 63

That said....

Both teams are playing AWEsome right now.

If you were a coach from another team, who do you think they would choose NOT to play...

The choice would be clear, Dayton.

Dayton's defense has allowed a meager 37 points in the last 9 games while in that same time no team has been able to slow down the Dayton offense.

If both teams play 100% Dayton wins, but you don't win the game until you play a better game and have more points on the scoreboard when time runs out.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

I can't wait till Friday!

well if you say that livingston said they would rather play us because we matched up better with them

Who beat who, when, where, and why doesn't matter.  What is Dayton's record since Gregory Charles came back from injury?  Big D-Lines stop the run, I'll give you that.  Can they rush the passer and can their secondary cover 4 good wideouts.  Most teams don't have the athletes to match up against 4 wideouts.  Oh, and Gregory Charles is no statue back their either.

Defensively, Dayton hasn't seen a triple option veer that I can remember.  The only team I've seen move the ball consistently on Dayton this year was Friendswood and they did it through the air and a couple of fluke long plays. 

I hate predictions, but Waller will have to get to the QB with a 4 man rush, control the ball on offense, and win a close game.  If they try to make it a track meet then it will get ugly.

Exactly, once the ball is kicked off, it is what happens on the field...

However...

if you predict, the best way of doint his is to compare common opponents

If you use that way of thinking, what about the comparison of Nederland, Lumberton and Waller? Nederland beat Waller 21-14, Lumberton beat Nederland 33-7, but Waller beat Lumberton 42-14. If you were going by comparison, Lumberton should have beaten Waller. But, I broadcasted the Waller-Lumberton game, trust me, the better team won. If Waller and Lumberton were to play 10 times, Waller wins 7 of them.

It's all about matchups. Doing the comparison thing just doesn't cut it. I seen too many football games in my life to know this. Some teams just matchup better with certain teams and not so with others.

Dayton is playing GREAT football right now and I am predicting them to win, but to say they are going to win or they are a better team just by game comparison is not accurate.

Our Raider family is pulling for Dayton.  We're not bitter about losing to Waller at all, but we still want ya'll to kick their butts!  ;D  Anywho, having attended the Lumberton/Waller game, I can say this.  They're big, they're strong and they're fast.  They run the ball a lot and they have a way of hiding it so it's very hard to follow who has it.  They're VERY good at that.  They hit hard, really, really hard.  I think Dayton can pull it off, but it's not going to be a cake walk. 

Pen them puppies on the porch, Broncos!

I feel Dayton can throw the ball on Waller all day long.  But I don't think Dayton can totaly shut down Waller's offence.  That QB can throw that ball as well!  He put it on a rope 45 yds on stride to his receiver.  He just didn't have to throw the ball!  I wish I could be at the game, I think it will be a great one to watch!

GO BRONCO'S!

Texas City was as big and fast a team as I can remember seeing.  Livingston was big, PN-G was big, Friendswood was big, Central was big.  Again, big is great when you're trying to stop the run.  You have to change your defense to play a 4 WR team that spreads it out and it tends to negate the size advantage (see Hawaii over Washington, Florida over Ohio State just to name a few).  From what I've seen and heard, it's going to be another size versus speed match-up offensively.  Defensively for Dayton I still can't figure out how the heck they do it.  Linebackers 185lbs, Defensive Line 200-240lbs, and they absolutely stuff much bigger and seemingly more talented smash-mouth offensive teams.  Maybe it's the 3-4 they run, I have no idea, but they play some amazing defense and they just don't seem to miss tackles.  I've never seen a high school coaching staff make in-game defensive adjustments as well as Coach Stewart's staff. 

Texas City was as big and fast a team as I can remember seeing.  Livingston was big, PN-G was big, Friendswood was big, Central was big.  Again, big is great when you're trying to stop the run.  You have to change your defense to play a 4 WR team that spreads it out and it tends to negate the size advantage (see Hawaii over Washington, Florida over Ohio State just to name a few).  From what I've seen and heard, it's going to be another size versus speed match-up offensively.  Defensively for Dayton I still can't figure out how the heck they do it.  Linebackers 185lbs, Defensive Line 200-240lbs, and they absolutely stuff much bigger and seemingly more talented smash-mouth offensive teams.  Maybe it's the 3-4 they run, I have no idea, but they play some amazing defense and they just don't seem to miss tackles.  I've never seen a high school coaching staff make in-game defensive adjustments as well as Coach Stewart's staff. 

Good points and also very generous in the size of Dayton's Linebackers and d-line.

As some of you bronco fans remember earlier in the playoffs I posted the record that Dayton had against playoffs team and I also said that it was too early to talk about state championship games.  Well that record has drastically improved and now it is time to talk about the big game.  I personlly think that Dayton is one of the top two or three teams left in the state, the way they have played the last two months.  I will be at Berry Stadium this weekend and am predicting a 39 to 28 victory over waller.  Good Luck Broncos!!

As some of you bronco fans remember earlier in the playoffs I posted the record that Dayton had against playoffs team and I also said that it was too early to talk about state championship games.  Well that record has drastically improved and now it is time to talk about the big game.  I personlly think that Dayton is one of the top two or three teams left in the state, the way they have played the last two months.  I will be at Berry Stadium this weekend and am predicting a 39 to 28 victory over waller.  Good Luck Broncos!!

I hope more fans from the Beaumont area show up in support of the Broncos.

Should be a wonderful evening for an AWEsome football game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124