Kellys streak Ends

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that Kelly plays 15 or so games before the area teams even step on the field. so playing area teams in the first couple of weeks of their season really doesn't make it a common fact that you are the best team in the area. Kelly is a very good team and is lucky to have shark for a coach, so I know for a fact that after playing 15 games Kelly is much improved from the beginning of the season.

I came in late and had to read this whole thread straight through, and i have a few opinions. Ā 

1. Ā Kelly has a very good team, and shark did a pretty good job of getting a schedule together that will challenge them and make them better. Ā I don't think they're playing too many patsies, even if they don't get a chance to play almighty friendswood.

2. Ā FriendswoodFan is making a lot of claims about a lot of things he probably doesn't know too much about. Ā Tired of hearing about kelly? Ā It's too bad, they're the only show in town right now. Ā When the other teams start up it will be a little different. Ā (you could always try the houston-area sports blogs)

3. Ā Excuse or not, being travel-weary is a reasonable explanation for kelly not playing their best. Ā They've played quite a few games in a short amount of time, and done a lot of traveling during that time. Ā This does wear on you a bit. Ā As shark said, though, the results of these games are not really that important, so who cares? Ā all that matters is that kelly continues to gain experience to help them later on in the season when the games begin to count for something. Ā 

4. Ā BonMot (i won't call you bm, as nobody likes to be called a shit ) i've gained a lot of respect for you reading this thread. Ā it was clear that you were on kelly's side, but when the kelly kids said some things that were unfounded, you called them out on it. Ā i found that refreshing.

5. I'm glad soccer season is here and people are actually coming back to the soccer board.Ā  I can only handle so much women's national team chitchat.

...in what was the first scrimmage for Lumberton

...after Kelly had been practicing and playing for two months

...and Lumberton had a roster of 13 players because of kids missing for basketball and band

Surely you won't deny that your Kelly team last year jelled and got better from your opening game to any game that you played a month or so later. Ā I'd say that if a full strength Kelly team would have played a full strenght Lumberton team this past March it would have been a "Pick 'Em".

Yes it was at the beginning of the season, so that does affect their play, and i agree wwe got better Ā from beginning to end and had we played them in march it would have been a "pick em" because Kelly had not been playing since Febuary, however if LAST YEAR you put Lumberton against Kelly and they bothplayed their best game of the season, I believe kelly wins id say with a score like 3-1 or 2-1.. i give them a goal because they have a good offensive connection in Waldrup and Brackin.. but as for their defense against our offense im not sure they could hold us, i believe their sweeper was a fresmen last year... and im not only judging on our "scrimmage" i got to watch the Lumb./Central championship game last year, and i thought that Lumberton did good but in my eyes neither of the teams THAT NIGHT could have competed with us...and i am giving Lumberton the benefit of the doubt that, that was not their best game.

The only summer i played six pack was about seven years ago.Ā  I refuse to play until they allow me an electric scooter or a small donkey to ride on.Ā  I figure then I can be keeper..The last coach at Kelly still plays and is around 25ish.Ā  I on the last day of this year will double that. So as much as I would like to play seems the phone doesnt ring off the wall needing my service ???

The only summer i played six pack was about seven years ago.Ā  Ā I refuse to play until they allow me an electric scooter or a small donkey to ride on.Ā  I figure then I can be keeper..The last coach at Kelly still plays and is around 25ish.Ā  I on the last day of this year will double that. So as much as I would like to play seems the phone doesnt ring off the wall needing my service ???

haha, ok, i had a picture in my head of who you were, but i was wrong.Ā  good luck with your season... i'm gonna try to come out and watch a couple of games.

Please do... I am all up for someone saying what they think as long as its not personal attacks on the players.Ā  If I make a bad coaching choice or rotate a stupid choice then THAT IS MY FAULT... but if a player makes a bad shot or loses on a bad pk thats .. UNLUCKY.. I want some criticism .. sometimes..Ā  you have to be popped in the back of the head and have your eyes open...Ā  see actually I am a puppet for the bon meister.. he relays info into a small earpiece i had surgically implanted... just sucks when he coughs at games.Ā  ... so come to the game.. and intro yourself if you would like.. i will be the guy on the sideline with a walker the parents are all throwing at.....

The only summer i played six pack was about seven years ago.Ā  I refuse to play until they allow me an electric scooter or a small donkey to ride on.Ā  I figure then I can be keeper..The last coach at Kelly still plays and is around 25ish.Ā  I on the last day of this year will double that. So as much as I would like to play seems the phone doesnt ring off the wall needing my service ???

WOW :o :o :o

Hey, I'm glad I could help to jump start your otherwise moribund forum, but my point was, and still is, that if the Kelly fans (and especially the Kelly coach) are going to get on here and brag about every Kelly win, then it is lame to get on here and make excuses (and that's what it was) when you lose.Ā  Very simple.Ā 

Thanks for the props about the FHS girls volleyball, but when they lost in the State Finals (to a Waco team that proved themselves to be the better team), no one from Friendswood got on here or any other forums and made excuses abut it.Ā  When the FHS boys soccer team were upset by K7L in last year's playoffs, no one made excuses.Ā  When the FHS girls soccer team lost in the State Finals last year, no one made excuses.Ā  That, Shark, is how it is done.Ā  So, brag all you want about your victories, but be prepared to hear it when you make excuses about your losses.Ā  And,one last thing to Shark, both Kelly teams (boys and girls) would get blown off the field by the FHS teams.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

To the Nederland coach, the point wasn't how SP would interpret what Sharkie said, it was how the readers of this forum would interpret it.Ā  But, hey, I understand your desire to defend a fellow coach.

Hey, I'm glad I could help to jump start your otherwise moribund forum, but my point was, and still is, that if the Kelly fans (and especially the Kelly coach) are going to get on here and brag about every Kelly win, then it is lame to get on here and make excuses (and that's what it was) when you lose.Ā  Very simple.Ā 

Thanks for the props about the FHS girls volleyball, but when they lost in the State Finals (to a Waco team that proved themselves to be the better team), no one from Friendswood got on here or any other forums and made excuses abut it.Ā  When the FHS boys soccer team were upset by K7L in last year's playoffs, no one made excuses.Ā  When the FHS girls soccer team lost in the State Finals last year, no one made excuses. Ā  That, Shark, is how it is done.Ā  So, brag all you want about your victories, but be prepared to hear it when you make excuses about your losses.Ā  And,one last thing to Shark, both Kelly teams (boys and girls) would get blown off the field by the FHS teams.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

To the Nederland coach, the point wasn't how SP would interpret what Sharkie said, it was how the readers of this forum would interpret it.Ā  But, hey, I understand your desire to defend a fellow coach.

i guess we'll have to take your word for it, as not too many of us on here are getting onto your local forums and reading the friendswood threads (to try and stir up issues as you are doing, or otherwise).Ā  you're still ignoring the fact that kelly is the only team that has been playing, which is why there have been so many threads about them.Ā  i read through several of the kelly threads, and only a player or two actually sounded like they were bragging, and i didn't really find much of it very offensive.Ā  as for your complaints about the kelly coach coming on here to make excuses, i think you're trying to turn a very simple statement into a major issue.Ā  personally, i like having the coach come on and give some play by play and explanation after the game.Ā  it allows us some incite into what went on, and why certain things happened the way they did.Ā  I really wish that, seeing as you hate reading our threads so much, that you would stay off the board and leave it to the posters who are willing to support our local teams and share in the excitement when a local team gets a good win.Ā 

I don't mind the bragging bullet head; and I wish Kelly all the succes in the world.Ā  As I've said already, it's the excuses for losing that I dislike!Ā  Ā 

And, with all due respect, if you don't like the responses that your get when you post on a public forum, here's an idea -- don't post (that is especially so if you use a stupid little tag line on your posts).

I don't mind the bragging bullet head; and I wish Kelly all the succes in the world.Ā  As I've said already, it's the excuses for losing that I dislike!Ā  Ā 

And, with all due respect, if you don't like the responses that your get when you post on a public forum, here's an idea -- don't post (that is especially so if you use a stupid little tag line on your posts).

Ouch, you got me.Ā  It's really a shame, because I can tell by the way that you word your posts that you aren't stupid.Ā  Of course, stupid and ignorant are two different things.Ā  You come on here spewing ignorance, you belittle local teams, coaches, and players, and pass judgement on people and players that you know nothing about.Ā  The whole time you do this, you brag about how great friendswood and its fans are, about how ya'll are too good to make excuses.Ā  If your attitude and way of thinking is indicative of other friendswood fans, I find this hard to believe.Ā  This is a forum for those who support local southeast texas sports teams.Ā  You obviously don't fall into this category, which begs the question, why are you on here?Ā  I've seen nothing positive in any of your posts, and I've seen very little that might be based on fact.Ā  I'm all about stating your opinions, but why don't you stick to forming opinions about things that you might know a little something about.Ā 

Ā  And,one last thing to Shark, both Kelly teams (boys and girls) would get blown off the field by the FHS teams.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Thats your opinion and i respect that, but what are you judging that on? I am not going to say we would win but im not going to say we would lose. Becasue i have never seen friendswood, i just know yalls record (last years) and it seems that yall are okay. But if you did research on kelly you would see that our record was not as good as yalls, however it was as good as the team that beat yall in the playoffs(and before you think im trying to imply that we are a better team because of our record, i am not. im just stating a fact to show our record was not bad at all.) So i would love to play friendswood to see if we would get blown off the field by this supposedly godly team but it doesnt look like our schedules could fit it in. maybe we will have a team in common on the schedule and make some kind of comparison off of that.

the point wasn't how SP would interpret what Sharkie said, it was how the readers of this forum would interpret it.Ā  But, hey, I understand your desire to defend a fellow coach.

You got me there.Ā  I didn't factor in the idea that readers of this forum (since they aren't from Friendswood) are inherently mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging morons and couldn't possibly interpret the sentence properly.Ā  ::)Ā  I'm so glad you're here to direct us.Ā  Tell us what we should think next!

Thank goodness you're not one of my parents.Ā  You'd force me to move to Texas City or Clear Brook so I could deal with a more logical support group.Ā  I'm glad both Coach Peters are so classy.Ā  You would make it really easy to root against FHS.

Well my feelings are hurt again.Ā  I take the time to post all that for you, and all you can say is I am not worthy.Ā  So what about helping get the Friendswood team to play us.Ā  Since that may be the only way for you to believe.Ā  This Kelly team may not win another game this season and if they dont it would probably .. no not probably it would be my fault.Ā  See in sports you have to prepare the team to win and that is the job of the coach.Ā  So if they go out and dont perform than as the coach I must take responsibility.Ā  If they go out and win its because THEY have succeeded.Ā  I am explaining this because again you are not and have never been in competition of any sort.Ā  Get us the game...Ā  and tomorrow night you can get back on here and ridicule our program again... because after all its going to be windy, and its going to be cold and the field is bumpy and the other team is lucky enouph to travel here to play us. And they have a couple of thousand students to our 500.Ā  And hmmm..Ā  just getting some of the excuses ready for you...Ā  but I still beleive the last part of my post.. and everyone has one.Ā  So fill us in on your competitive achievements.Ā  Lets us be inspired by your sports brilliance not just your sharp tongue.Ā  Thanks for your opinion... and by the way.. Kelly is great and yes we would beat Friendswood.

Once again I rest my case.Ā  Shark you are truly an embarassment to your profession, your school, your team and yourself.Ā  I actually feel sorry for you now; but mostly for your players.Ā 

Maybe I missed something, because I don't know where all this hate is coming from. I will tell you this FriendswoodFan, don't feel sorry for the players, because they don't need your pity. My son plays for both coaches, shark and Bon_Mot and I consider him very fortunate.

Thanks .. reccosdog..Ā  He is just one of those people that just go from site to site trying to anger folks.Ā  I do not mind what he says about me but the players and program I do care about.Ā  It started because he says I was making an excuse blah blah... blah...Ā  I wrote him a long message and took it off because I didnt need to have all the information posted.Ā 

No, what I did was point out that Sharkie was making excuses by blaming the end of "the streak" on travel taking its toll; rather than admitting that they got beat by what was, on that night, a better team (as evidenced by, if nothing else, the overwhelming shot differenetial).Ā 

Then, Sharkie and his accolytes took turns trying to attack me, I defended my position, the Nederland coach periodically tried to (mildly) defend a fellow coach and to defuse the situation with witty attempts at humor and honest opinion, and finally Sharkie embarassed himself (in my opinion) with his silly late night rant.Ā 

To Sharkie, I am, thankfully, very secure about my athletic past, both in high school and college, but obviously you are not.Ā  That's a shame, but it does help explain why you are the way you are.

And to the Nederland coach, you have to earn the moniker; although the BM crack got you pretty close.Ā  And, I challenge you to point out what was not logical about my posts -- that hurts.Ā  ;D

This whole thread brings up a perception problem that has surrounded Kelly (especially soccer) since at least the 80's. That perception is that they are spoiled rich kids, that they are just a little better than their public school counterparts, and that losing is beneath them. I am not saying that there is any truth to this but it does exist among many local people(not all). Knowing this already exists ,perhaps the coach should have chosen more wisely how he sums up a game. Instead of leading off with Travel took its toll.....and a goal was scored in the first 2 minutes, those facts could have come after discussing the opponents reasons for winning. Then talk about what Kelly needs to improve upon. When the first two sentences start the way you began the listener is thinking "oh boy - here comes the excuses..." They never hear the 14 -3 shots on goal, because their mind is turned off.Ā  This is a real deal public obstacle that you need to be aware of.

public relations 101 - Don't make excuses -- 101a(or anything that may resemble an excuse)

Counseling fee $0

As for the wordsĀ  I chose... I did choose them wisely..Ā  And again I was not making an excuse but saying that the travel has taken its toll..Ā  If I were making an excuse I would never have posted the shot differences but rather went on a rant of some other sorts.Ā  As for the whole matter. The Kelly kids are great guys and they understand what I wrote because they in fact look to see what the article will say.Ā  As DaveJ said most the local folks know what Kelly is and what the program is about.Ā  As for Fwood man... In reality .. coaching 101.. if your going to coach you can never worry about what the public says and thinks of your strategy... Its all other folks opinions.Ā  The Kelly players are the only people that matter to meĀ  on how they feel about my post..Ā  the fun in arguing and saying or ranting of someone who is obviously not a happy person.Ā  Read all his post.. he gets on a local post for southeast texas and rants about friendswood who nobody here really cares about.. and then goes on to ridicule local volleyball programs the wayhe has our soccer forum.. but ..Ā  again.. it was fun while it lasted... and I see no reason to post anymore on the subject of our ex college athlete from friendswood....Ā  I do not care and will not ever worry about what anyone other than the players from kelly say or think... This board has always been and will always be merely entertainment to me... so friendswood.. adios .. and please give me the benefit of one more witty post .. about how i made and excuse and i am pathetic..Ā  because.. i am still a better person than you.. and i still have a soccer team that can beat your loved friendswood..Ā  gday all and thanks dav

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01