Kellys streak Ends

After seven games without a loss, with the last six on the road to Houston.  Travel took its toll.  First two minutes of the game St Johns scores a goal and in a physical match wins the game 1-0.  St Johns dominated the first half and Kelly took the second half.  Problems were many as Kelly created ONLY 3 shots on goal and St Johns had 14.  Defensively other than one mistake the defense played extremely well.  Next two games will be at home with Sulphur coming to Kelly on Monday night and St Thomas on Friday.  Come watch and support a local team. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on man, "travel took it's toll" and Kelly "took the 2nd half" (but managed only 3 shots the whole game).  You played a better team, and were lucky it wasn't worse than 1-0.   

were you at the game?? and we tied this team earlier in the season, i wont say we are better than this team because i am not that ignorant, however i do believe we are an evenly matched team.. im not trying to make excuses because we lost and nothing will change that, we lost because we played bad at the begining, there is no getting around that but we were not "lucky" the score wasnt worse than 1-0, our defense and keeper, stepped up and didnt let them score after their first goal....please dont act like you know what your talking about.

Hey, you got beat!  The score was 1-0 and the shots were 14-3.  That tells me all I need to know.  And, yes your Kelly buddy was trying to make excuses -- to say otherwise would be "ignorant."

Hey, i know we got beat, didnt i say that?? and no he is not making excuses and my "buddy" would be our coach.. excuses are made to try and prove that we should have one the game... i dont think either of us said that, we lost and we know it.. let me give you an example of an excuse....."The refs were awful, we could have won if we had diffrent refs."....now here is an example of a reason for our loss "travel took its toll...we only had 3 shots to their 14, this is why we lost." do you get the diffrence?? or should i explain it more (and my example of an excuse was just that an example, im not trying to put our loss on the refs, its on us) .... its done with so stop hating on kelly

Here's  another example of an excuse "travel took its toll" -- suggesting that but for the travel weariness (as if a 2 hour bus ride is grueling anyway) Kelly's streak would not have ended.  The fact that your coach is the guy who gets on here making excuses like that only makes it more pathetic.  You'd never see the Nederland coach getting on here doing that.

Mr Friendswood Fan,,,

My reason for our loss is my opinion.  In noway does Kelly need an excuse for a loss or a win.  Excuses are for losers and I can assure you that none of the players on this team or the tradition is a losing tradition.  I put the shots on goals because I always do and that shows that we were beaten.  That night without a doubt we were not the better team.  I can also guarantee that anything put on this site by me for Kelly is FACTS or my opinion...... not ever an excuse.  Any game any team can win.  Sometimes we will lose to a better team and sometime to a lesser team. and sometimes we will beat the better team. .... In fact we did take the second half as St Johns took only two shots the second half to our two in the second half.  The difference in the second half is the ball stayed on St Johns end of the field probably 70 percent of the game but none the less we never hit the chances and put them at goal.  "Unlucky"  Why would you worry about what the Nederland Coach would say rather than maybe the Central, West Brook, PNG or any other area coach.  And one last thing if your really a friendswood fan.  I did contact the soccer coach at friendswood and tried to line up a game with him.  However he couldnt put us on his schedule.  Kelly has put a solid schedule together to benefit the players and their improvement.  At this timeof the year Losing a game doesnt end the season and winning this early doesnt extend it.  However playing the best will make you better. So... with all that saiid... after we woop  ;D the Nederland team on the 15th of January maybe it will be because of rain, sleet, or a bad ref and their coach will be making excuses.  With all that said,  in no way is the young men that play soccer at Kelly losers so they have no reason for an excuse.

sharkfutbol has never made an excuse for his kelly team because he never speaks about his opinion after a game when he posts about it.. it is all straight up facts because this forum isnt about smack talkin and making a team better by talkin them up and what not its about information and thats what he provided when he explained the stats and whatnot, friendswoodfan, i dont see a reason for you to be on here startin stuff and callin us out for making excuses for our lose  thats being ignorant on your part.. come to a few of our games then pass your judgement until then, just stop talking about what you dont know

To Shark and his boys:

You have a good (not great) team, but judging from what I've been reading on here, you are not nearly as good as you think (and desperately want others to believe) and not nearly as good as you could become. 

You can call it your opinion or anything else that you want (BTW, I love the fact that Broke wrote that Shark "never speaks about his opinion" less than an hour after Shark wrote that it was merely offering his opinion -- please tell me he knows how to read), but the fact is that the VERY FIRST reason that Shark offered for why Kelly's streak ended was that "travel took its toll."  That, my friend, is an excuse, and a pretty lame and stupid one at that.

And, contrary to what Broke says, most of what you Kelly guys post on here is "smack" about how Kelly is better than the GT public school teams.

Finally, Shark, if you REALLY want to play the best teams, then it's easy enough t sign Kelly up for the January tournaments that teams like Friendswood, Brenham, Seven Lakes, etc. go to every year.  My guess, however, is that you'd rather not get your butts kicked 3 games and out!

It's pretty obvious that you're just here to be a spoon and stir stuff up, but against my better judgement I'm going have to actually join in and defend Kelly's schedule here:

Jan    10    Klein Showcase Tournament  Austin Westlake  @630

Jan    11    Klein Showcase Tournament  Ft bend Clemens @330

Jan    12    Klein Showcase Tournament  San Antonio Lee  @900

These are the games that Kelly will be playing during the Friendswood Tournament.  Pretty salty.

And I also have to ask about this:

Finally, Shark, if you REALLY want to play the best teams, then it's easy enough t sign Kelly up for the January tournaments that teams like Friendswood, Brenham, Seven Lakes, etc. go to every year

...Seven Lakes has been around for about a total of 2 years.  ???

Just come out and say it.  You hate Monsignor Kelly High School like the rest of America.  ;)

BM,

First, I like that spoon phrase -- okay if I use it?

Second, until a few weeks ago I never heard of Kelly.  That's the truth.  My dislike is for their bragging and then making excuses when they lose.  And, you know it's worse when done by a coach!

Third, Seven Lakes may be relatively new, but they are very good - better than Nederland or Kelly I think most people would say.  Surely you do not dispute that?

Fourth, Shark tried to imply that Friendswood's coach was somehow dodging him and his mighty squad.  You and I know that is not the case (and so does he), but that did not stop him from trying to plant that seed in the minds of the readers of this forum.  Frankly, a pretty lame thing for any coach to do.  So, my reply point was to point out that if he really wanted to play them, he knew (and knows) where to find them. 

Fifth, the Friendswood tourney is not the only tourney in which FHS is playing this season -- Shark could have taken his team to the Brenham tourney as well.

Why dont you come to our next home game on Monday at Kelly high school at i believe Seven, if you need directions i will happily give them to you..or if you want to come to a better game then on friday we play St. Thomas, the returning district champs, for our district opener. then judge for yourself how good we are, instead of making your judgement from a public forum.. im not going to say we are better than any of the teams you mentioned because i dont know much about them, however i would love to play friendswood because from last years record yall seem pretty good.... And when have we ever bragged, it is a pretty common fact that Kelly is the best team in our area. And as for the "excuses" i think everyone needs to stop trying to change his mind on what an excuse is.. Some people just choose to be hard-headed.

it is a pretty common fact that Kelly is the best team in our area.

Based on what?  To say that comes off as arrogant is an understatement.  You've proven nothing against our area teams.  I will support Kelly as an area team, and I will support their coach as a personal friend but I will never support baseless, unproven statements such as this.

"...pretty common fact.."

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Sorry i agree with what you are saying, i should have said "Last year it was a common fact that we were the best team in the area(MAYBE in a tie with WB). And when January roles around, we will hopefully prove the same thing." and before you say anything about West Brook, i only say that because we did not play them so i dont want to sound arrogant. and for the upcoming games against our area, Our two toughest games against teams in our area should be Lumberton and Nederland. And we beat Lumberton last year 5-1 and we only lost two seniors to lumbertons i THINK five, maybe four, so unless Lumerton got some amazing talent coming in, im putting my money on Kelly... and truthfully i think nederland will be the tougher game out of the two because they have very good underclassmen, but i once again put my money on kelly because i think our very good upper classmen (and sophmores) will prove to be to much for nederland....and as for West Brook, they lost way to many seniors and dont have very strong underclassmen and i have friends who play for the Brook that say they arnt as good as they normally are...So the only team who i could possibly see being argued against us for the best team in our area this upcoming season is Central and that is only if they beat out Lumberton and Ned. for district champs, which should be tough but i hope they can do it....but hey this i just my opinion and thats what great about these boards is giving your opinion and arguing for it.

yea i guess that was kind of bragging. but seriously i would really like for you, to come to one of our games this season, friendswoodfan. so you can see for yourself if we are good, great, or neither.. if you want directions to Kelly i will gladly give them to you, so you can make an educated opinion on our soccer team.

Friendswood,  

You can come and say what you need about my opinion, excuses are whatever you want them to be.  But when your asking can a kid read or write your a real class act.  This forum is mostly area soccer players who either play on the same club teams or play against each other on their club teams. So when they talk smack to each other its usually good fun. Sometimes sure when they are playing a rival its more than that but still not personal.  As far as Kellys schedule and dodging big time games,  you prove your just tapping in and not getting facts.  We play local 4A teams png, nederland, Vidor and 5a team PA Memorial. Also coming to play us is Conroe who will be attending the same tournament as us which is the Klein College Showcase, one of the stronger tournaments in the area.  As for your SEVEN LAKES tournament, who will be there.   Friendswood .... thats good. To say I am planting a seed so everyone will believe Kingwood Coach dodged me.  .   Their coach as I wrote before has NO OPENINGS.  I got this job late last season and tried to get him on our schedule because I wanted to play the best.. as you brag so on your beleoved girls volleyball team plays the best and you can only become better..also  .. because a girls assistant coach left friendswood and is girls coach at Kelly and so thought maybe we could get him to come play us or us there.  He is a class act and very professional.  I am not planting subliminal thoughts... KELLY IS GREAT...  to anyone and dont want anyone to think I  would plant subliminal thoughts.. KELLY IS GREAT... so for anyone with a mind weak enouph to believe someone could possibly do that .. KELLY IS GREAT.. then I apologize.  As far as not hunting them down to play them somewhere... We have district games and state playoffs that  start the first week of February and so no time.  Nice try to think we are dodging anyone.  Look at our schedule.  Stick with your Girls Volleyball and something you know about.  The people that I know in the area understand my writings and understand I am not making excuses are subliminal thought.. kelly is great...  so .. The Friendswood coach was not in anyway dodging me even though he would have been smart too. ..  people who know me and area players probably know that the Kelly team is very proud of Kelly. In their minds they are the best team in the area and I wouldnt want that any other way.  Kelly PROUD... as of this moment in time we are the best team in the area. we are the only team playing... soo..  In the history of this area.  The most dominate program over the last twenty years without a doubt has been Nederland Lumberton  PNG and West Brook consistently year in and year out.  Kelly has produced some great teams and great players... and hopefully this team will be one of those...  But you write and boast so much on your volleyball program and boast how great they are .. and so they were.  You have never seen Kelly but dont like the YOUNG MEN saying what they think and bragging and boasting  so you step out of your realm and just say things for the sake of possibly hurting someone and about something you have never seen... amazing.. o yes...   kelly is great... coach is great....  

FriendswoodFan,  I'd rather you didn't call me "BM", it sounds too excretory.  Also, you're starting to come off like a Deer Park fan.  That's never good...

Third, Seven Lakes may be relatively new, but they are very good - better than Nederland or Kelly I think most people would say.  Surely you do not dispute that?

I'll dispute it until Nederland or Kelly plays K7Ls.  I know that they knocked out the beloved Mustangs from the boys play-offs last year, but I'll dispute it until proven otherwise because both programs are top notch and scared of no one.  But...oh wait...I see what you're saying...If F'wood couldn't beat 'em, surely lowly Nederland or Kelly couldn't either.  How cute!

Fourth, Shark tried to imply that Friendswood's coach was somehow dodging him and his mighty squad.  You and I know that is not the case (and so does he), but that did not stop him from trying to plant that seed in the minds of the readers of this forum.  Frankly, a pretty lame thing for any coach to do.  So, my reply point was to point out that if he really wanted to play them, he knew (and knows) where to find them. 

Are you talking about this:

I did contact the soccer coach at friendswood and tried to line up a game with him.  However he couldnt put us on his schedule. 

S. Peter would never consider this as someone saying that he is dodging them.  It's a harmless statement that says that neither school had an open date.

Fifth, the Friendswood tourney is not the only tourney in which FHS is playing this season -- Shark could have taken his team to the Brenham tourney as well.

If you're talking about the Diadora Cup at Brenham, if you did a little fact checking before casting aspersions, you'd see that Kelly has a district game that weekend.

Anyway, go watch Kelly.  I have.  They're really good, and they play quality soccer.  Then make your judgements.

And we beat Lumberton last year 5-1

...in what was the first scrimmage for Lumberton

...after Kelly had been practicing and playing for two months

...and Lumberton had a roster of 13 players because of kids missing for basketball and band

Surely you won't deny that your Kelly team last year jelled and got better from your opening game to any game that you played a month or so later.  I'd say that if a full strength Kelly team would have played a full strenght Lumberton team this past March it would have been a "Pick 'Em".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124